[AOC] CD Keys Invalid

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the NeoEE patch, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
Neotje
Intermediate Member

[AOC] CD Keys Invalid

Post by Neotje »

I just tried to play AOC, but when I tried to login it told me "CD Keys invalid". Which is weird because I could login.. 2 or 3 days ago, and as far as I know nothing really changed (except running the patch on my EEC installation because my antivirus had gone haywire on it).

So I tried to rerun the patch and hit the "Fix CD Key option", but now I am getting the error: "Could not connect to licensing servers! Do you want to retry?"

Any idea how to fix this, should I just reinstall AOC as I do have a valid CD key (lying in a box, I bought it way back..)?

Edit:
After running the patch I am now getting:
"Your CD Key is invalid, you may need to reinstall with a valid CD Key".

Neotje
Intermediate Member

Re: [AOC] CD Keys Invalid

Post by Neotje »

Alright! I somehow fixed it. I am not exactly sure, it probably broke when I tried to fix EEC 3 days ago, and only ran it on EEC without ticking "AOC" also (when my EEC was broken by antivirus).

I Somehow managed to fix it this time by rebooting about 5 or 6 times, then disabling the virus every time, try to run the patch and somehow at one point it clicked and accepted the installation. I cannot give a reasonable explanation but it is like black magic to me.

TL;DR:
Fix:
Reboot - disable virusscan, run patch
Repeat this until it works.

Return to “Support”