EE-AOC LAN NOT WORKING

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the NeoEE patch, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
petar74
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: petar74

EE-AOC LAN NOT WORKING

Post by petar74 »

Hi guys and thanks for you help.
I'm having a problem with ee-aoc lan. You see lan on standard ee is working fine and also multiplayer via internet on neo-ee server is working.
The thing is I can't seem to see lan games on ee-aoc, but I can play online via neo-ee server using ee-aoc. Please help!
Keep in mind that I was testing Empire Earth using a desktop computer and a laptop. The laptop has several network adapters and I'm suspecting that that might be the problem. One more thing. The only update I've installed was neo-ee. Are there any other updates that I should've installed and what version of the game I need to have?
Empire Earth = v2.00.3750
Empire Earth - The Art of Conquest = v1.00.7590
Thank you!

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Re: EE-AOC LAN NOT WORKING

Post by Arntzen »

Honestly not that experienced with lan, been way too long since I tried. Find it very odd that it works on normal ee and not aoc. Try look to see if ee and aoc have same settings in the other multiplayer tab.
Open EE->Multiplayer->Other Multiplayer->Options->Chose Network Adapter
Open AOC->Multiplayer->Other Multiplayer->Options->Chose Network Adapter
Compare these two.

Also I remember from back in the day when I did lan parties, we always had to turn off anti-virus and windows firewall, maybe that is a solution to you too.

Anyway, if LAN doesn't work, you could just play on NeoEE right?

Edit: Your version is correct. Did you check that those versions are the same on both computers though?
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

petar74
Forum Noob

Post by petar74 »

Thank you for replying. One of the first things I checked were the settings in the other multiplayer tab and they were the same except on the laptop it was selected the name of my network card and not "default adapter card". I changed does settings and they did not work either. Yeah I can play NeoEE on AOC so this really isn't that big of a problem and the version were the same on both computers. If you find the same problem on your end please reply and also if you find a solution. Either way thank you.

petar74
Forum Noob

Post by petar74 »

I have one more problem. Can you explain to me what are the requirements for hosting a game on NeoEE because I tried several time and it's says that the NeoEE server can't verify my connection and when my friend tries to play with me it says that he can't ping me and we can't launch the game. Do I need to port forward or what? Please help.

Bogdan_xD
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: [FAME] Bogdan_xD

Post by Bogdan_xD »

Port Fowarding does help, although there's numerous players that are playing without it.
Streaming Empire Earth , mostly Islands F11 60 @ https://www.twitch.tv/bogdanx94

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

petar74 wrote:I have one more problem. Can you explain to me what are the requirements for hosting a game on NeoEE because I tried several time and it's says that the NeoEE server can't verify my connection and when my friend tries to play with me it says that he can't ping me and we can't launch the game. Do I need to port forward or what? Please help.
Most can host on NeoEE without port forwarding, but to be 100% sure you can always host I always recommend port forwarding since works all the time. *ONLY* the host needs to do this though.

EE and AOC both needs 33334-33336 UDP/TCP.

I can help you if you need to set it up or you could just follow this:
https://portforward.com/empire-earth/
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Phony6944
Forum Noob

Post by Phony6944 »

Hey everyone,
i would like to necromance this thread since the lan problem seems still existing. I'm currently sitting on 1 of 5lan partys a year and discovered Neo-EE.
First of all, thanks!
The normal EE seems working fine in lan, however, AOC is not working at all. Since I'm able to get it to work on normal EE i think I'm skilled enough to configute my lanadapters and the firewall ;)
Is there any plans on getting this fixed? Or does anyone have an idea what exactly is not working?
In AOC I'm unable to see my own hosted game in the networklist, but this should be working.

Best
Phony

rowsdower
Novice Member
Lobby Username: rowsdower

Post by rowsdower »

Hey I don't think many people go on these forums anymore. You're saying you can't play local multiplayer between computers on your network? I am interested in this as well.

Phony6944
Forum Noob

Post by Phony6944 »

Yeah NeoEE-AOC is not working.
NeoEE works like a charm.

Return to “Support”