Strange fps problems with my new system

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the NeoEE patch, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
-Vg- Basilik
Novice Member
Lobby Username: -Vg- Basilik

Strange fps problems with my new system

Post by -Vg- Basilik »

Hi,

I have bought a new computer (new components) and first of all I thought everything is fine.
I was happy that EE didn't freeze etc. :P But my problem is, that I have massive FPS problems in games.

To be honest I tried many things to fix this ... but nothing helped. Maybe someone can help me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1Rmrp5sXqk

In this video you can see the problem. When I play a game 4v4 (me with 7 computers) my fps is ~ 18 when I am on my island. When I go to another island (for example in the corner of the map) ... my fps are better ~ 50 fps. --> Check min. 6:00 in the video.

I tested Direct3D instead of Direct3D Hardware TnL and it seems better but then the map is complete strange (bug map) --> Check min 13:13

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
Graphic card: Radeon RX 580

The graphic card should be good enough for EE ... :/

I hope someone can help me. :)

Greetings
Basilik :?

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Re: Strange fps problems with my new system

Post by Jodocus »

Have you tried to play with the VSync option? Is the FPS loss really so big or is it just the displayed number that is freaking you out? How is it when you run without XSplit?

Good luck.

-Vg- Basilik
Novice Member

Post by -Vg- Basilik »

Hey Jodocus :)

Yes I tried many things.

In the Radeon Control Panel I set AMD VSync always on - it didn't help :(

The lag is not EXTREME, I mean I could play BUT when I go "away" from the lag ... to one of the corners, my mouse moves much faster (when I look around and check what is going on on the map). So there is definitely some lag.

I realized, that when I zoom in, the fps are better. I am using the drex mod from yukon. When I zoom to "standard" zoom, what is REALLY close ... I cannot play like this, my fps are ~ 40.

Any ideas? :/

Thanks so far.

EDIT: XSplit or not ... its just the game with low fps. XSplit doesnt affect it.

Greetings
Basilik

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Post by Jodocus »

EE itself has also a Vertical Synchro option, have you tried to fiddle with that?

-Vg- Basilik
Novice Member

Post by -Vg- Basilik »

Hey,

yes, I changed empire earth game settings (Vertical Synchro on, off) ... nothing changed.

Greetings
Basilik

Bogdan_xD
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: [FAME] Bogdan_xD

Post by Bogdan_xD »

what OS you using?

if it's windows 8.1, imediatly switch to 7 or 10.
8.1 has no driver support for your GPU and it even criples it.When i got my new PC, 4-5 months ago, i also gone to 8.1 in fear of win10 bullshit spyware ( it can be dissabled to a certain degree ) , and it was terrible.Even trying to find drivers, they wouldn't work and the game would play at 26-29 fps.

Then i gave up after numerous searching about windows 8.1 and new hardware, and found that driver support sucks and should switch to windows 7/10..i've gone to 10 and everything worked fine since then
Streaming Empire Earth , mostly Islands F11 60 @ https://www.twitch.tv/bogdanx94

Bogdan_xD
Advanced Member

Post by Bogdan_xD »

another thing i might think that could affect it, is how EE is utilizing threads.

i don't know if it's because of this, because i've done this since the new PC with almost every old game :
1.Open the game to the main menu
2. Alt-Tab and open Task Manager
3.Right-Click on the empireearth.exe -> Go to Details
4.Right-Click again on empireearth.exe -> Set Affinity
5. Check only the first 2 cores ( Core 0 & Core 1 ), and uncheck the rest.Considering you have 6 cores on that ryzen cpu, you can just make the same thing for your Streaming Software ( OBS/xplit ) and put the other 4 cores for these.

This is how i use my cores to not have issues while streaming&playing EE
Streaming Empire Earth , mostly Islands F11 60 @ https://www.twitch.tv/bogdanx94

-Vg- Basilik
Novice Member

Post by -Vg- Basilik »

Hey Bogdan,

I have win10 pro ... I think it is some problem with settings (Graphic card).

- I have choosen Radeon RX 580 Series (my graphic card)

- 3D Acceleration: Direct3D Hardware TnL

--> When I choose Direct3D the FPS are better ... 43-50 what is ok for me. But then the map is buggy (flickering and some weird stuff).

I tried to change the Screen resolution (16-bit and 32-bit). I tried all options (Hight-Resolution Filter etc. on/off).

I think its something I need to change in the Radeon-Settings (maybe)? There are Game settings -> Global settings. Anti-Aliasing, Shader-Cache, VSync etc.

I changed many different things on/off ... nothing helped.

EDIT: When I start StarCraft II I have 65 fps with ultra high graphics + XSplit

Greetings
Basilik

Bogdan_xD
Advanced Member

Post by Bogdan_xD »

thing is i don't know how the Radeon Control Panel looks like, so i hope those settings from nvidia are in Radeon aswell:

Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames : 1
Anti-Aliasing - mode : Application Control
Threaded Optimization : Automatic

Resolution change doesn't affect anything 16 or 32bit .That's something else.

You might also try to run it in compatibility mode for Windows XP .

-Vg- Basilik
Novice Member

Post by -Vg- Basilik »

Hi,

there is only the option "Anti-aliasing Mode" and its Use application settings ...

https://www.amd.com/system/files/DH-012-11.png <- Here you can see how it looks like (its a picture from google)

Greetings
Basilik

Bogdan_xD
Advanced Member

Post by Bogdan_xD »

try to enable OpenGL Triple Buffering and set the Anisotropic Level to dissabled/none if there is
Anti-Aliasing Method : try the lowest one of dissable it.

-Vg- Basilik
Novice Member

Post by -Vg- Basilik »

I think I found the solution ...

I took my old graphic card (from my old PC, its a GeForce GTX 550 Ti) for my new PC and started EE ... it works perfectly. I have ~ 40 - 50 FPS what is completely ok. No lag.

I just wonder if I can use both cards in my new PC. The older one (GTX 550 Ti) for EE and the newer one for games like StarCraft II etc.. I will test it a bit ... :)

Thank you for all your help. :)

Greetings
Basilik

Bogdan_xD
Advanced Member

Post by Bogdan_xD »

40-50 fps still sucks tho even for a gtx550ti

-Vg- Basilik
Novice Member

Post by -Vg- Basilik »

LOL really ... as if EE likes to do this.

Now a new problem came up ... when I click on the Minimap the game crashes all the time.

This new problem (yeeeheey :x) is now with my GTX 550 Ti (where the fps is fixed ...)

Any ideas? LOL

EDIT: Ok, I found a way to run the game with my old Nvidia GTX 550 Ti and my new computer. I installed an old driver for this graphic card. It is working now.
I am trying to get another graphics card (Nvidia GTX 1060), I heard this graphics card works very well with Empire Earth. It seems that the Radeon RX 580 is not good
for Empire Earth. I was not able to fix this FPS issue ... and I tried A LOT. Ok, MAYBE there is a way and I didn't find it ... :|

Greetings
Basilik

Return to “Support”