Please help add router.

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the NeoEE patch, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
LackZer
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: LackZer

Please help add router.

Post by LackZer »

My Router is Asus RT-AC87U and Portal.
I only tried the former one, my family refuse to let me change it (lame excuse I know.)
I had tried to set up portfoward and the normal NHT(which said 90% will work,I guess I'm the 10%), neither works.
I can't connect locally with my family and friends too.
So the last resort I can think of, is asking you to add the router in to one of your supporting list.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Re: Please help add router.

Post by Arntzen »

We don't have a supporting list for routers. The way to host online at NeoEE is by portforwarding. This part is tricky, you need to make sure 33334-33336 UDP/TCP to the correct local IP address.
Empire_Earth_tGVCQwvCMo.png
Empire_Earth_tGVCQwvCMo.png (80.04 KiB) Viewed 2539 times
One way to figure out your local IP is to check when you are logged in NoeEE in the Options tab. Also if you have red arrows like in the image above that means that you have NOT portforwarded correctly.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

LackZer
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: LackZer

Post by LackZer »

Arntzen wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 5:14 am
We don't have a supporting list for routers. The way to host online at NeoEE is by portforwarding. This part is tricky, you need to make sure 33334-33336 UDP/TCP to the correct local IP address.
Empire_Earth_tGVCQwvCMo.png
One way to figure out your local IP is to check when you are logged in NoeEE in the Options tab. Also if you have red arrows like in the image above that means that you have NOT portforwarded correctly.
Ah I see, I do get the red arrorr at the internet part.
My asus router can't set two seperate local IP for the same portfoward number, because my PC and my brother gets different local IP while connected to the same router thorugh wifi. I guess the quickest way is to change router :cry:

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

Only the host needs to have port forwarded. No need to buy new router :)
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Return to “Support”