standard old ee resolution and neo 1080 resolution

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the NeoEE patch, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
D55
Lobby Username: D55

standard old ee resolution and neo 1080 resolution

Post by D55 »

So I know when we install the neo ee patch we get 2 different resolutions for lobby and main menu, they are separated into just Empire Earth and Neo Empire earth icons on my desktop. My Neo resolution keeps just disappearing and I have to reinstall neo ee to get it back. The old school resolution works fine. Im just curious if this is a frequent problem and how i can just make it permanently the 1920x1080 resolution "new modified resolution"

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Re: standard old ee resolution and neo 1080 resolution

Post by Jodocus »

Hi.
I fear it was a mistake to add the higher resolution of the lobby to the patch after all. It is one major reason so many people get antivirus false positives. The one icon links to a file "Loader.exe" (bad name choice by me as well, sounds trojan-like) that itself will start EE, read out the current desktop resolution and manipulates the game memory here and there to give the higher resolution in the lobby. AV programs don't like memory manipulation at all, that's why they delete the loader all together.
Have you tried to explicitely allow Loader.exe to exist in your AV, if possible?

D55

Post by D55 »

Well turned my anti virus off all together and the problem still persists. I have given up at this point and will just settle for the old school resolution.

D55

Post by D55 »

and now when ever I uninstall and reinstall to try to get the loader.exe found, I keep getting error messages for random files, "this file cannot be found" with options of abort retry and ignore. One of them is the Loader.exe so I fear I am stuck with my shitty resolution.

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Post by Jodocus »

So you either have your antivirus still active or you have another virus (I consider AVs as virus as well) that is deleting your files. I fear there is not much I can do for you for now. I can't help it if files get deleted.

Return to “Support”