Can't host games

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the NeoEE patch, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
drunkenfuryz
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: drunkenfuryz

Can't host games

Post by drunkenfuryz »

Hey guys!

I used to play this game about a year or two ago and I'm coming back to it! I am having issues hosting a game. When I click start game its says:

- Checking port: 33334 (UDP)...
- Binding failure: 10013
- UPnP ports forwarded!
- Checking port : 33334 (UDP)...

Then it goes back to the lobby screen. I have already tried disabling my Firewall and the same thing still happens. I'm running it as admin and using Windows XP Service Pack 3. Anyone know how to help me?

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Re: Can't host games

Post by Jodocus »

Hi!

It looks like some other application is using/listening on port 33334 (UDP) with exclusive access, preventing Empire Earth to use this particular port. You may use the resource monitor of Windows (look under Task manager --> Ressources) and then network, there should be a list of applications listening on particular ports. Close the other application that uses this port, then retry.

Good luck!

drunkenfuryz
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: drunkenfuryz

Re: Can't host games

Post by drunkenfuryz »

Hi Jodocus!

Thank you for the reply! I just tried what you said by verifying the PID in command prompt and in the task manager and it says that Empire Earth.exe is using that port. Also if it helps...I tried playing when someone else hosted a game and it worked just fine. Is there some other issue that you can think of that could be causing this? Should I try to reinstall?

Return to “Support”