Multiplayer Saved Games don't work

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the NeoEE patch, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
Julius_Nepos
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Julius Nepos

Multiplayer Saved Games don't work

Post by Julius_Nepos »

I posted this under general "Support" but also wanted to mention it here as I then tried to use the Neo tool "Save Game Modifier" to fix the problem. Hopefully this isn't cross-posting too badly? This is a glitch which should affect all EE-AOC games making LAN games unplayable.

In the Save Game Modifier you can unselect the Observer Status and then hit apply & it sends a "fixed" saved game called scen.ees. However, for the Observer status the change isn't really applied.

The Observer Status comes automatically after a multiplayer game is played a while (maybe 1 hr) under LAN. Normal Human players turn into "Observers" after some time and then you can't control them any more. This is under Windows-7 & Windows-10.

If I knew the HEX addresses of where the Observer Status was set, or if it came after an easily identifiable hex pattern, I could fix it myself using a HEX editor on the save games.

drex888
Lobby Username: Drex888

Re: Multiplayer Saved Games don't work

Post by drex888 »

Julius_Nepos wrote:If I knew the HEX addresses of where the Observer Status was set, or if it came after an easily identifiable hex pattern, I could fix it myself using a HEX editor on the save games.

Take a look at this excellent post "SCN and EES Unofficial Specification"

http://ee.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forum ... 3,38381,,5

Return to “Support”