Server down?

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the NeoEE patch, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
Bogdan_xD
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: [FAME] Bogdan_xD

Re: Server down?

Post by Bogdan_xD »

Anyone that can contact ghost outside of this site?
Streaming Empire Earth , mostly Islands F11 60 @ https://www.twitch.tv/bogdanx94

Cl0uder95
Lurker
Lobby Username: Cl0uder

Post by Cl0uder95 »

Any updates? I really want to play again :((

phoenix
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: phoenix

Post by phoenix »

Sigh, still down.

yoannis
Novice Member
Lobby Username: yoannis

Post by yoannis »

Hope u fix that soon !!! all the best!!!EE FOREVER

feedingfrenzy91
Lurker
Lobby Username: feedingfrenzy91

Post by feedingfrenzy91 »

The website is down as well.

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Post by Jodocus »

Sorry guys, it will take some time. Much of the code is not yet compatible to Linux, as it is written for Windows. Much stuff has to be re-implemented and tested, the hole code must be ported to Linux. This is nothing that can be done rapidly. I'll do my best, but as I am alone on that (and I am quite busy with other stuff), I cannot say how long that takes. Sorry.

Bogdan_xD
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: [FAME] Bogdan_xD

Post by Bogdan_xD »

how is neither of the admins having any contact with ghost tho.

facebook or idk, something like whatsapp.

:(
Streaming Empire Earth , mostly Islands F11 60 @ https://www.twitch.tv/bogdanx94

D55
Lobby Username: D55

Post by D55 »

Jodocus wrote:Sorry guys, it will take some time. Much of the code is not yet compatible to Linux, as it is written for Windows. Much stuff has to be re-implemented and tested, the hole code must be ported to Linux. This is nothing that can be done rapidly. I'll do my best, but as I am alone on that (and I am quite busy with other stuff), I cannot say how long that takes. Sorry.
Could drex or realforce assist you?

_DavE_
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: _[eC]_DavE_

Post by _DavE_ »

Np Jodocus. There isn't any rush but I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we appreciate your time and effort into restoring Neo.

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer

Post by Jodocus »

Thankfully, I used many plattform-independent C++ libraries (Boost, Crypto++ and MySQL++ rules!), this makes porting sort of easy. I guess I have to only rewrite ~20% of the code. More than 3/4 of the files actually compiled on my Linux machine already. Let's hope that they will also do what they are supposed to do...

Sorry again, I am actually quite suprised by this incident as well. I have no more access to the server machine at all.

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer

Post by Jodocus »

Maybe RealForce can organize a makeshift solution on a Windows machine. As the server apparently got lost, all data is wiped, rendering stuff like your friendlists invalid, as well as all of your accounts. :(

Unfortunately, I dont think that RealForce or drex are able to help me on porting the code, apart from testing.

Also, there is no reaction from Ghost. I don't know what happened at all.

D55

Post by D55 »

well if there is anything any of can do to help in anyway we would be happy too. A couple of us are willing to put out some money for a new server if need be. Although to be honest I don't know how that works.

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer

Post by Jodocus »

I appreciate that, but for now I have my own Linux VServer that should be able to do it, once I can run the server on Linux.

D55

Post by D55 »

There is a way to use direct connect still if anyone is interested, we tested a 4 player island game with it and it works, the load to start the game is longer than normal though but other than that it works great!

Locodoco
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Locodoco_

Post by Locodoco »

d555killer wrote:There is a way to use direct connect still if anyone is interested, we tested a 4 player island game with it and it works, the load to start the game is longer than normal though but other than that it works great!
some of Neo players are temporary Playing in GR , ( Islands in precise ) you can catch up with them , since they only let known people in .

Check my other post for their IDs
pody: eC .. is etc for what ?
_[eC]_Arntzen_: european cunts
pody: ahh .. ok bro
_[eC]_Arntzen_: np
_[eC]_Arntzen_: :)

Return to “Support”