Malware found with NeoEE by Comodo antivirus.

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the NeoEE patch, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
Chaka
Lurker

Malware found with NeoEE by Comodo antivirus.

Post by Chaka »

Hello i have a big alert malware with the version 2.0.0.5 with my antivirus comodo.
Can you check that please and try to fix it eventually?

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Re: Malware found with NeoEE by Comodo antivirus.

Post by Arntzen »

Hey. Yeah, unfortunately most anti-virus programs will alert you about neoee patch. It's not because there is a virus or malware or trojan or anything like that inside the file, it's just because it's an unknown program that the anti-virus programs haven't heard of. These anti-virus programs will act like the unknown program is dangerous just to be on the safe side. Nothing to worry about, and you might make a rule in the anti-virus program that it should allow the patch to run normally.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Re: Malware found with NeoEE by Comodo antivirus.

Post by Jodocus »

bradleybrand wrote:Are you able to contact the Anti-Virus producers and perhaps get them to recognize NeoEE?
Which one? There are dozens. And certainly some of them won't just "believe" me that it is no malware. And whenever I modify the NeoEE installer, I have to contact them all again. This is pointless.

The real solution would be to buy a software certificate. But you won't get those without sharing your personal information with a certificate authority, like a scan of the ID card. Those CA are instances that you are supposed to trust, but, ironically, I really have no good feelings sending some organization my ID from that I never heard of alot. Also, ~350$/year is not quite cheap.
Alternatively, NeoEE goes open source and I will not distribute any binary files any longer. No real option on Windows as you then would have to install a compiler AND compile it yourself, this is more a Linux thing.

So I fear it stays as it is: every user has to just trust on his own.

Return to “Support”