Version not valid

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the NeoEE patch, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
Schesam
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Schesam

Version not valid

Post by Schesam »

I tried the last 3 days to finally get EE and EE AoC to work. After downloading both clients from the forum (Which both are mentioned with NeoEE already installed), AoC failed to start every time. Now by getting the ExE from my CD it started...

But a problem is, in normal EE, the Multiplayer Lobby is still the original and it even says, cant connect to the Master-Servers.

In EE-AoC i see at least the Neo-EE Anouncements, but it even says too, it couldnt detect my Game-Version und there is no new Update.

I tried again (Like the last days)to download the newest neo-EE Update from neoee.com, but i always get a Network-Error while downloading the last few bytes. After telling my Chrome to continue for a hour, it finishes, but after doubleclicking on it nothing happens... I have an older Neo-EE patch from December 2015 on my PC, but after patching with this, the same problem.

Using WIn10 64bit, even doubt thats the problem

Thx!

Edit: After applying my old NeoEE-Patch again, the normal EE showed the "NeoEE"-Logo at the start and the Lobby was patched this time. After logging in, it told me my Version is too old and downloaded a new. After that it tells my, my Key is invalid... Even after repairing them with my old NeoEE-Patch (Where did it download the new one?)

It keeps getting more and more frustruating...

The AoC-Isnt even starting (usual stopped working Message from Windows), after deleting the Exe and using mine, same error as above

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Re: Version not valid

Post by Arntzen »

I moved the topic to the NeoEE support section (the old ee lobby support is soon being archived).

Firstly I'm with you, it's really frustrating when technology doesn't work.
Most of NeoEE patch issues these days are caused by anti-virus programs automatically deleting files and then messing with the neoee installer. Therefor I suggest you delete the neoee patcher (NeoEE.msi) you got now. And then follow this guide on how to install NeoEE Patch:
viewtopic.php?f=131&t=11069

This should hopefully fix the issue, but pay close attention to the installer to see if you're getting any kind of error messages, if so please share those errors here.
I'll be checking in often to see if you've replied.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Schesam
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Schesam

Post by Schesam »

Thanks for moving!

Im an IT-Engineer, i know how frustrating it can be :D

I deactivated my Antivirus (Avast), but still the same error when downloading. After 99% i get a Network error, tested in Chrome and Edge. Thtats why i tryied my old Patch from December 15. But at least after 4 retries now it finished AND i could start it. it showed me i had 2.0.0.4 installed and pathed to x.5.

Then i hopefully started AoC, but... i didnt see anything. I can hear the Intro but dont see anything.. Fells like the fullscreen-Windows is on a screen, i dont have^^ I dont know.
With normal EE the same. My screen gets black for a sec with a unreadable text in the upper left, then i see just my normal Desktop a bit glitched through the fullscreen and hear the Intro. Thats it. I can kill the process in the Task-Manager but everytime its the same

Pretty frustruating to see one of the games i had the most fun with and spent a lot of time in the last 17 Years in this situation q.q

Edit: Aha, after i changed the compatibility settings from this:
to this
its working now and i could connect with both games to the server.

Jesus, its so easy if u know the problem AND the download works :D

If i get time to play, i look if that works too!

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

if you want admin kudos, compliment arntzen on his new profile picture and add: is that joey?
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Return to “Support”