Connection error

If you're having any technical difficulties with EE, or installing or using the NeoEE patch, make a post here and someone will try and help you out.
Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Connection error

Post by Arntzen »

a.png
a.png (203.73 KiB) Viewed 3153 times
What a day.. I've been having freezes in scenario editor so I decided to fool around with all kinds of settings in EE, I eventually changed to a setting that made it impossible to do anything. EE would open and instantly freeze once I clicked setting. So after fumbling around a bit I decided to just do a clean reinstall. Which worked fine (I followed the steps in my own guide). EE was installed, I launched it and it worked again. Went back to desktop and enabled the anti-virus again. *Pling* Virus detected and removed.
So I've been trying the last couple of hours all kinds of exception rules, tried uninstalling AVG free and doing the same thing in Windows Defender (exception rules/disable/enable different options). Then I tried Avast free anti-virus and same problems as before. Now after many attempts I feel stuck and've no idea why it's not installing correctly.

I get to the "You've successfully completed the Wizard of NeoEE. The CD-key was successfully installed!" message with disabling AVG while download neoee patch and installing it. But the only shortkey I get on desktop is the "Neo Empire Earth" one, not the vanilla loader with normal resolution in lobby. Also Empire Earth.exe is missing inside EE folder.
Screenshot_1.jpg
So even tho I get the successfully installed message, obviously it didn't install correctly.
Opening NeoEE patch again gives me connection error.
Anybody got a clue on what to do? How can I completely enable neoee installer to do it's thing without interruption? This shit is driving me insane, specially since it worked earlier (except for that scenario editor part).
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Re: Connection error

Post by Jodocus »

That connection error is a time penalty of the NeoEE server. I believe it was something about 10-15 minutes, but that's not your real issue.

Are files missing if you completely uninstall any antivirus and then install the NeoEE patch?

Personally, I consider Antivirus programs only little better than virus programs. They usually do more harm than help. They block programs you obviously want to use and are in 99% of cases unable to remove a virus, if they actually detect it. Usually, the first thing a virus does is killing the antivirus program anyways.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Must've been the time-out that was the issue. Cause I was doing many different trial and errors fairly quickly. Did the right thing one of those times, but was already timed out.
All sorted now.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

What are the most played game modes @2k18?
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Team game is mid and p2n (and islands). But you'll see gren, liga and H&R every day.

Return to “Support”