Hey bros

Come on in and introduce yourself to the community.
Geroge
Novice Member
Lobby Username: Geroge

Hey bros

Post by Geroge »

Hello hello,
I am a player formerly known as g219, who played on the Sierra servers until they went down, and regrettably never made the switch to save ee until now. If you dont remember me from the lobby, dont worry because I was never really good at the game and wasn't ever very active. I think its ineffably awesome that a community still exists for this game, and would maybe like to join it again. I was wondering how many people would you say are still active. Also, I've noticed a small community on gameranger, does save-ee play through them or communicate with them?
Anyways, its cool to still see people playing this game whos mechanics have survived in the A.D.D. driven graphical gaming community. Hoping to play in the future,
Geroge

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Re: Hey bros

Post by Sexacutioner »

gr and save ee are 2 dif entities, between the 2 there is a descent following, it all realy depends on setts you play and style your used to playing to, ive never been on gr myself as im acustomed to the old sierra play style so ive never had a need to go to gr which from what ive heard has been mostly based on a mid game style

im realy only posting this because im hammered and have nothing better to do and sometimes its fun to type, sometimes

,,l,, -.- ,,l,,

Manni
Lobby Username: Manni

Post by Manni »

-
Last edited by Manni on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geroge
Novice Member

Post by Geroge »

thanks all, good to know

StatsZero
Intermediate Member
Xfire: EXTINQUISHER
Lobby Username: Zero. Dont forget all the fancy marks. lol

Post by StatsZero »

gr and save ee are 2 dif entities, between the 2 there is a descent following, it all realy depends on setts you play and style your used to playing to, ive never been on gr myself as im acustomed to the old sierra play style so ive never had a need to go to gr which from what ive heard has been mostly based on a mid game style
@ That's indeed only from what you've heard of clearly. That would mean i can say P2N and evening liga's is the basis of Lobby, which it isn't :P
And yes, it's true GR lags alot, and they ALT-F4 alot but it's all chosen by what you are used to and feel comfortable with.

If you're a noob you can probably go to GR to get some muscle.. If you're pro you probably feel more comfortable here as you're understand by the Lobby crowd in general..

One thing is certain.. Joining games is going smoother and swiftlier but oh well..

Geroge
Novice Member

Post by Geroge »

Ah, especially because of the amount of players have dwindled, I bet I'll be a lot less picky in game settings than before. I'm not sure where I am skillwise, I havent played in four or five years, I wasn't good then, but I've played a lot of RTS since.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

StatsZero wrote:

One thing is certain.. Joining games is going smoother and swiftlier but oh well..
No, it's just invented for people who are too lazy to start up a game. It's like the xfire idea, but WAY slower.

If you join a game, and it won't automaticly run, your gameranger will crash, and won't allow you to rejoin the game since gameranger blocks late joining.

If you join a game, it will load EE & the game slower, then manually running it.
If you write a "-" in ur name, EE will automaticly boot, but will it join the multiplayer game? No.

I've seen many team cheats (resource glitching with 2 persons, since you can't right click anymore.), building glitchers and hex civ users. But what's worse then cheaters? Laggers, Alt f4 mexicans, and crashers.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Oh and mexicans is not based on racism, it's a fact that most mexican/spanish players in gameranger can't speak english, so whenever you tell them "don't press alt f4", you'll get to hear: que? And then they alt f4.

Geroge
Novice Member

Post by Geroge »

:) I hope your not confusing them with BR's. I remember thats another thing that drove me away was all the resource glitching gimmicky stuff and crashers. I heard that custom patches were made for save ee, was this stuff taken care of?

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Geroge wrote::) I hope your not confusing them with BR's. I remember thats another thing that drove me away was all the resource glitching gimmicky stuff and crashers. I heard that custom patches were made for save ee, was this stuff taken care of?
The patches in save-ee prevents you from using the tributes, you can access the tribute screen, but you can't tribute resources. Therefore the only way you can cheat is by using a trainer, but most trainers will get you out of sync ingame.

Geroge
Novice Member

Post by Geroge »

sounds good to me.

StatsZero
Intermediate Member

Post by StatsZero »

No, it's just invented for people who are too lazy to start up a game. It's like the xfire idea, but WAY slower.
Ofcourse Scott Kevill made it with that as the main idea! X'D Wud have been funny.
If you join a game, and it won't automaticly run, your gameranger will crash, and won't allow you to rejoin the game since gameranger blocks late joining.
Lobby also refuses late joining or did i miss something?
And it's basically just on you're computer from what i've seen so far :o
If you join a game, it will load EE & the game slower, then manually running it.
If you write a "-" in ur name, EE will automaticly boot, but will it join the multiplayer game? No.
True, You can't use a nice fancy name.. because GR blocks most of the weird and most of the times cooler looking ones.
But if you got a ''-'' in you're name.. you have to click on the Blue bar @ Multiplayer... It will allow you in.. unless you're slow as fudge.. Just saying :roll:
I've seen many team cheats (resource glitching with 2 persons, since you can't right click anymore.), building glitchers and hex civ users. But what's worse then cheaters? Laggers, Alt f4 mexicans, and crashers.
Crashers do not happen ALOT though because it's more believeable to just alt f4 and say GR fudged up on you LOL. And yes true.. the most meditereanen country + south america don't have providers who are doing well i guess...
But then again you can refuse them to join you're game..

Lobby is way better infrastructered but still.... the first thing u see on google/bing when u type '' Where to play Empire earth online/after server closure?'' is Scott Kevill pushing his product down everyone's throat.... His marketing is better... As Ghost said he has more time because he is doing it on a probably paid and full basis.. :roll:

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Lobby also refuses late joining or did i miss something?
And it's basically just on you're computer from what i've seen so far :o
What I mean is, you join a gameranger room, and when host presses start, you'll go to a simular room but ingame. If gameranger crashes, but the game haven't started yet, there's no way you can get back and/or message the host, since a fucking popup will say: "HERPADERP HE'S INGAME AND DOES NOT WISH TO BE DERPED." 0.o.

In direct connect, you can join/leave whenever you want and you can even close lobby while playing. Which you can't do with gameranger since it's VLAN. -.-

StatsZero
Intermediate Member

Post by StatsZero »

Just buy a new computer Marcel, please. :lol:

StatsZero
Intermediate Member

Post by StatsZero »

But on the real though... You should reinstall GR... Not for the sake of GR but just for sake of unanoyying/ness/ment.... lol

LOL You know i actually LOL when you herpaderp :lol:

Return to “Say Hey!”