My Odyssey of trying to play online, oh and hello

Come on in and introduce yourself to the community.
Slade
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Slade

My Odyssey of trying to play online, oh and hello

Post by Slade »

oh noes am I a new member? Yes, yes I am. When it comes to this forum I am a noob. When it comes to EE, I'm not a badass strategist yet, but I soon will be. But alas I am but a lowly noob with deadly ambition to crush his enemies and become Dictator of Africa. Since I have neither the resources nor the time to do either in reality I guess I'll have to stick with EE.

Now Why EE? mainly because I've been recently getting into RTS and started playing Dune 2 for months until I got sick of it and looked for something else. The thought of me starting off as a cave man and hours later ending up in the future is something defiantly worth checking out. So me, being a cheap and impatient bastard pirated the game and have been playing for about a week and a half. Yes I know how noobish that sounds.

Well the problem with EE, is that the AI is relentlessly difficult. At first I thought I just sucked so hard that I had to take it down to easy. And I still got my ass kicked by stupidly putting all of my resources into one colony and fighting with one of the computers for an Iron mine (I needed it badly) and leaving my main territory undefended from a naval assault and hordes of troops getting dropped off and having no soldiers to defend it. I got my ass handed to me on a silver platter, on easy!

Then I told the computer to go to hell and looked at the online. I figured that in that last game, had it been real people I could have made a deal for the iron mine, not put so many resources into that one colony and not gotten defeated so badly. But online was dead, and i'm pretty sure I needed a CD key as well. Then I found out that Sierra had pulled a very homosexual move a wiped the EE server. Then, shortly after, I found this site. After about an hour of trying to get the updates and the lobby running I realized that the updates were for the legit version of the game and not for pirated copies which sleazy people like me get. So now I'm about to spend $5 on a used one on Amazon with the product key so I can get the updates and actually play people who will no doubt kick my ass with such vigor that I will cry like a little girl.

Great to be a new member of the community I guess.

Moo
Spam4food

Re: My Odyssey of trying to play online, oh and hello

Post by Moo »

I REALLY hope I'm not too late, viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1206 EE for free
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2621 New user setup guide, but do donate that 5$ On the lobby :P

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Well thanks for stopping in. Hopefully you can get things up and running quickly! There's plenty of people around that are willing to help you get into a game as fast and as smoothly as possible.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Slade
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Slade

Post by Slade »

@moo: You came in time, thanks

@ghost:thanks I appreciate the helpfulness

ak_47
Basic Member
Lobby Username: ak_47

Post by ak_47 »

Hey, welcome to EE. if you need Training, just whisper me at the lobby [Ak]Madara Uchiha

White Fang

Post by White Fang »

you wont find people wanting to make a deal for that iron mine they'll just try to rape ya :D
"TŖĪÇĦŐΜĔҗ ҜąžŤєř җ: fang's the most sexy offer"

Return to “Say Hey!”