Hey guys! Old player here :P

Come on in and introduce yourself to the community.
NightArrow
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: NightArrow

Hey guys! Old player here :P

Post by NightArrow »

I'm a pretty old player from EE: AOC, and stopped playing after my CD broke. I was pumped when i was watching youtube grenwar videos for nostalgia and i came upon this site. My name was NightArrow. I last was a part of SK, but the glory days were when i was in Red Guard. Renegade taught me all that I knew, but I've lost most of it. I remember Destroyer and Sexacutioner, both of whom i saw were part of this forum which was cool. (www.freewebs.com/redgr , go to their "new members" and NightArrow will be there). I really want to play again, and maybe have a mentor to teach me indy sh and grenwar, and even start playing mod or ligas. How do I go about doing this? Do I have to torrent anything or buy the CD's online? How can i get started asap! Thanks!

Moo
Spam4food

Re: Hey guys! Old player here :P

Post by Moo »

Night Arrow I Dont Seem to Remeber you, Did you have a different name?
And Welcome Back :D

NightArrow
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: NightArrow

Post by NightArrow »

TurboDiesel was an old one of mine.. Just kiddin'. But yeah, I never talked much. How do I start up? My torrent is 22% finished xD

Moo
Spam4food

Post by Moo »

well we USED to have a EE and Aoc install kit + Pacth and all but link is broken
Edit: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1206 Is now Working

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

if u have any troubles u should download the lobby, talk to the mods. they are all pretty helpful.

USOLA
Global Moderator
Xfire: usola
Lobby Username: usola

Post by USOLA »

NightArrow wrote:I'm a pretty old player from EE: AOC, and stopped playing after my CD broke. I was pumped when i was watching youtube grenwar videos for nostalgia and i came upon this site. My name was NightArrow. I last was a part of SK, but the glory days were when i was in Red Guard. Renegade taught me all that I knew, but I've lost most of it. I remember Destroyer and Sexacutioner, both of whom i saw were part of this forum which was cool. (http://www.freewebs.com/redgr , go to their "new members" and NightArrow will be there). I really want to play again, and maybe have a mentor to teach me indy sh and grenwar, and even start playing mod or ligas. How do I go about doing this? Do I have to torrent anything or buy the CD's online? How can i get started asap! Thanks!

welcome back night arrow.......hope you have a great time at the new ee-lobby

devilridermax
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: devilrider

Post by devilridermax »

turbodiseal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh yeah!~!!!1
we are complete

time to take care of some old finsh business and destroy you

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

the download links are back working now

GOL][ATH
Lurker

Post by GOL][ATH »

Can't believe I'm on this forum, haha.

Night Arrow, this, as you probably guessed by my forum name, is goliath, co-founder of red guard.

Was doing research for some stuff about social gaming addiction, took a trip to my old RG forum for shits and giggles and found all this, haha.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

the starting topic is made 1 year ago, maybe he doesn't even play anymore :P.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

USOLA
Global Moderator
Xfire: usola
Lobby Username: usola

Post by USOLA »

it's two years actually :tongue:

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

You're right, I forgot it was 2012 lol!
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

eeralf_
Nemesis
Lobby Username: eeralf

Post by eeralf_ »

btw: i miss Turbo Diesel so (cool guy), i respect him in Indy, hmm in Mid sh he try very good, but in Indy i never can beat him, he is a Cult in Indy

Ralf

BoneZ
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: •ÐØGŽ™-©•¤ßöÑ€ž™¤

Post by BoneZ »

I know this post is an old one... but I couldn't help posting a few comments about turbo and the devil dogs.

I'm an old player too... started with ee in 2001 and played into early 2005.
Being an old guy.. I'm 47 now... I've played many games in my life, but none that i became addicted to like EE.
Being the leader/co-founder of the dogz clan back then, our 2 clans were always going at it... we always knew we'd have a great game when the 2 dog packs got together! :)
His clan and our clan pretty much dominated Indy TL and SH games back then.

My favorite civ was a killer bombard/drag civ... once i got it going.. nothing would stop it.

In a 4v4 game, we would sometimes have our inner players rush the outer players.. not always, but sometimes just to throw them off as this was not expected.. My cousin was known as snotts in our clan and he had a killer nader civ, but like my bombard civ.. took a while to get rolling... so he would be on one end, I would be on the other... and the 2 inners would rush the other teams outters... this would surprise them and they would need help from their inners to survive.. this allowed us time to get our killer civs rolling.. once that happened... snotts and I would clean house.

We had many civs and strats for different players/clans we faced... but my bombards/drags were my favorites.

We had some very good players in our clan... Blazen, IndyGod, Dymis, Draco, Sonic, Junkyard, Porkson, and many others... We always recruited and always shared our knowledge/tactics with all new recruits, after all, it would only make us collectively much stronger.

Our training program was very good and at one point we had more than 50 members.

Turbo and his clan were always good for a great night of EE... I miss those games, I played for several years... many hours each night.

Anyone know whatever became of turbo??
If anyone should run into him.. plz tell him I said hello. :)

If real life ever decides to let up... I may blow the dust off my old ee civs and spray some wd-40 on the old rusty fingers and come in and play a few.

Why they didn't just expand and build on the old EE - AOC I'll never know... that was a very big mistake in my opinion as this is one of the best games of all time! :)

I am a programmer by trade and I have moved on and created a 3d virtual world similar to secondlife which keeps me very busy these days.... but someday.. you may see me in a game again.

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Post by Jodocus »

Good to hear. People are playing now in the NeoEE Lobby (www.neoee.net), that is pretty much like that old lobby that hass been shutdown.

Return to “Say Hey!”