Heros History

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Heros History

Post by Captain Nemo »

Heros History

There once was a Zeus who wanted to make an EE clan. In 2001 he and a friend founded the clan Heroes which didn’t last very long. Already in early 2002 Zeus had a dispute with his friend and they dissolved the clan. From the ashes of Heroes, Zeus founded the Heros Clan which turned out to last a little longer, despite the obvious spelling mistake. Heros specialized in Indy SH setting, which was a very popular set in those days. Suddenly though in 2003 the founder and leader of the clan Zeus disappeared.

It was decided that some early members Steve O and SynTaX were to lead the clan on without Zeus. They did so with much succes and the clan thrived with many very loyal members such as FreSH_PrinCE, Bulivy, Herr_Vorragend, exploidet, Future_Soldier, and many more. Heros improved their skills in these years and expanded their settings to include Liga aswell, and participated in the ESGL. Though far behind the leading ligaclans, it was a time where Heros improved a lot. ESGL also added Indy SH to it’s supported settings and here Heros did much better.

SynTaX left EE in late 2004, and FreSH_PrinCE was bumped up to co-leader to assist Steve. Over the year in 2005 a change occurred in Heros where many old members got increasingly inactive, and new members had to step up and carry the clan on. Over the year 2005 Steve O left EE and for a short time Fresh became leader, but he also left and in the end Captain Nemo took over. This guy proved to be a more permanent solution.

Late 2005 was a tough time for Heros as many members either left EE or faced serious inactivity. Of those were Fresh, Herr, exploidet, FS, Nemo, rainbow, Lovely, and more. There were even talks of Heros dying at this time and some members left the clan for this reason. That didn’t happen though thanks to the good friendships in Heros where we stayed in contact. There was another thing that saved Heros here which was the very sudden return of the old founder and leader: Zeus. Zeus’s appearance gave new hope and some old players even returned because of it. As he was extremely rusty he had to undergo much training from many of the members, but he eventually became pretty good and fitted back into the clan with all it’s new members with ease.

This was also the time Nemo decided to add his much beloved Mod DM setting to the clan’s repertoire and though Heros had a slow start in this setting, it eventually became the set where Heros were most dominating. One of the early all-Mod DM players were SUPERFLY who became a great win for Heros training many members in Mod DM and also later became co-leader.

Following Zeus’s return a golden period came for Heros the next years, where there were many members having a good time together playing many different sets with each other. Heros was also running a very successful EE-Ladder at this time created by Future_Soldier who barely played EE anymore but still had a presence on EE and in the clan, but especially as webmaster for Heros. He was later assisted by BwK, an early member back from the very beginning of the clan.

In this time some long time Heros members were recruited such as €vo, Deathlord, ArmageddonNY, cis, Jack Oneill, and more.

It was also around this time in late 2006 that a certain Wizo joined the clan and he was determined to open an AoC-division for Heros. Though the AoC-division never reached the succes the EEC-division had it was an exciting project that also brought some good relations between EEC and AoC players.

The shutdown of the lobby in 2008 was a tough one for all clans and Heros was no exception. Many members were lost, but Heros survived and lived on in the Save-EE lobby.

Heros continued to play nearly all setts with the exception of pre2nano, and everything was good untill slowly Zeus lost activity and sometime in 2009 left EE again. Nemo still kept the clan going, but he also went inactive over the winter of 2010. After 6 months in the dark, however he rebooted the clan and kept it going for about a year only to take another 6 months inactive and to reboot the clan again in summer 2012. This time however opening the clan on GameRanger aswell with €vo as a co-leader, which opens up new opportunities!

To be continued...

Timeline:

2001: Heroes founded

2002: Heroes dead and Heros founded. BwK, Future_Soldier, Herr_Vorragend, pimmelkopf, exploidet, FreSH_PrinCE, and Steve O joins.

2003: Zeus disappears. SynTaX joins and later became leader with Steve O. nextothedark and Gold Marine joins.

2004: Heros expands to Liga and participates in ESGL. Suker, Bulivy, BaBaR, DancingTears, Dark Prince, Fearless, rAiNbOw, and Lovely joins.

2005: Syntax, Steve O, and FreSH_PrinCE all leave EE over the year and new member Captain Nemo takes over. Many other members also go inactive over the year. Zeus makes his big comeback. Heros expands to Mod DM. TzarPicasso, Slipknot, Blink 182, cis, and Captain Nemo joins.

2006: Website established: herosgaming.com. €vo, Mortal, Wolvy, SUPERFLY, Wizo, Mary Poppins, and Deathlord joins.

2007: Heros hosts the EE ladders. AoC squad opened by Wizo. Buddha, ArmageddonNY, Himmelfighter, GeN, and Jack Oneill joins.

2008: Lobby shutdown. Dave joins.

2009: Zeus leaves EE. Major decline in Heros activity. Confused and Player joins.

2010: Nemo leaves, Heros go inactive. Rebooted in the in fall. Selva joins.

2011: No major events.

2012: Clan gone inactive in early 2012 and rebooted again in the summer by Nemo. Expanded to GameRanger. Tarms joins.

2013: Happening.

------------------------------------------------------

I've tried my very best to remember things, but there are many things Im unsure of, especially in the early days when I wasn't a member. It's hard to remember exactly what happened in each year and some of the dates may be wrong.

Please contribute with what u can, both corrections and events I've forgotten or don't know about.

If you're unhappy your name isn't mentioned anywhere and you think it should have been, it might be because you weren't significant enough to make a mention in history, or the far more likely: I forgot! It's very hard to remember everything from memory and a few random screenshots.
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

Evo
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: >Heros<= €vo*

Re: Heros History

Post by Evo »

hm nice story nemo! good thing :)

Ephialtes
Basic Member
Lobby Username: mücke

Post by Ephialtes »

Mhh is there anyone currently attempting to create a website? Otherwise I might try to get my hands on that.
Sich selbst bekriegen ist der schwerste Krieg, sich selbst besiegen der schönste Sieg

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

Steve was working on something a while ago but idk what happened to that project, try to ask him. Otherwise go ahead :)

>Heros<=Steve O*
Basic Member
Lobby Username: FxONr1

Post by >Heros<=Steve O* »

still have our domain, but was waiting for help from a friend all the time, that hasnt come....
so herosgaming.com is still ours!

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

hmm yeah I see. So I guess thats a green light for u dickus longus!

>Heros<=Steve O*
Basic Member

atm im tryin 2 organize another option 4 creatin a nice clan homepage

>Heros<=Steve O*
Basic Member

need a header for our homepage, if anybody has skills with that, or has any ideas, let me know plz

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

>Heros<=Steve O* wrote:need a header for our homepage, if anybody has skills with that, or has any ideas, let me know plz
Here is a blank header, you can put in it whatever you want:

Code: Select all

<HEAD></HEAD>
Just kidding.

herik
Momma's boy
Lobby Username: herik

Post by herik »

Google images are the new banner hehe

>Heros<=Steve O*
Basic Member

Thats really amazin @ omega, exactly what i was searchin 4 :thumbsupr:

Wizo
Advanced Member

Post by Wizo »

>Heros<=Steve O* wrote:Thats really amazin @ omega, exactly what i was searchin 4 :thumbsupr:
Nice to see you working on it Steve.
I really loved the old page. Especially with the monthly swapping bunnies :D
"Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof
We all must meet our moment of truth"

ArmageddonNY
Novice Member
Lobby Username: ArmageddonNY

Post by ArmageddonNY »

OMG just found this Post, it has been almost 20 years now since playing this game, is any of the sithlords and heros clan still playing?

Return to “Public Contact”