Help Lightnessking

For all the off-topic discussion, nonsense, spam, or whatever you want to call it. Post it all down here. WARNING: Entrance may result in drop of IQ.
CusTomm_
Lobby Username: Adventure_

Re: Help Lightnessking

Post by CusTomm_ »

Missed my point. I think that games arent designed for adults, because they are addictive. A student or pupile got lots of time and many students will manage to play games and still focus on their uni or school.

I dont think many adults got that time, at least I think (basically all of that is just speculation), they shouldnt have time for games. Since people should work on their carreer, spend time with their family or take care about their social life. Of course adults can play some games sometimes, but they will never be able to focus on games that much without any conflicts in their RL. Thats just my oppinion, there might be some exceptions but to much gaming will collide with their RL a lot more.

Well light, I would have never gone so far to just accept a lower graded college cause a game. :P

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

CusTomm_ wrote:I would have never gone so far to just accept a lower graded college cause a game. :P
Unless you're a top graded student (or have a learning disability) you prioritized something over school. Generally for boys (as far as I know) that "something" is one/a mix/all of these: sport/friends/girls/drinking/parties/gaming/sleep/being lazy.
CusTomm_ wrote:The point is, games are not really designed for adults imo.
Computer games today are designed to make money, so obviously game designers have adults in mind (as well as kids).
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

CusTomm_
Lobby Username: Adventure_

Post by CusTomm_ »

Well, going out at nights, having a girlfriend while A-lvl or w/e is simply not the same. Everyone who has a lucid mind can combine it. I wouldnt compare it to a game addiction, since it is part of your social life and its not demotivating like an addiction.
Its a serious disorder, nothing to argue about.
"Video game addiction is an excessive or compulsive use of computer games or video games, which interferes with a person's everyday life. Video game addiction may present as compulsive game-playing; social isolation; mood swings; diminished imagination; and hyper-focus on in-game achievements, to the exclusion of other life events.[1][2][3] In May 2013, video game addiction was added to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders in the Conditions for Further Study section as "Internet Gaming Disorder".
(Wikipedia).
Well, I guess I expressed myself ambiguous. I didnt want to say that game companys dont design their games for adults, but that games arent designed to fit in an adult life. I stated my opinion the post before.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

If you have top grades, you're not prioritizing anything over school.

Trichome Indica
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: ΤŖĪÇĦŐΜĔҗ Į ŊĎįċą җ

Post by Trichome Indica »

Remember... no matter how bad your day is going... at least your not stuck in a fence getting laughed at by a cow

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Simple
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: VoE_sImpLe^

Post by Simple »

Oh man wie lächerlich. Habt ihr nichts Besseres zu tun :D

Black Star
Lobby Username: Die Gurke

Post by Black Star »

Indica :thumbsupl: :thumbsupr:
[22:23:06] [-Ts-] Tricky: i dont even know what my name is anymore

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

LOL @ that cow
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

MacroMicroMonster
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: MacroMicroMonster

Post by MacroMicroMonster »

Arntzen wrote:If you have top grades, you're not prioritizing anything over school.
Not a true statement. If you inserted "probably" in-front of not then I would believe you. People prioritize other things and do well in school. Someone's relationship could be the number one thing in their life and succeeding in school is byproduct of that affection, wishing to do well and provide for them later in life.

Someone could have spent years either working in software development or did it has a hobby. Then they could enroll in a CS program and dominate.

Someone could possibly be a genius and everything comes to them so that person prioritizes studying his bug collection.

Someone could also major in something really simple and easy like business and get high grades and prioritize volunteering.

Someone could have cheated in every class by paying his professors to give him A's (I think James Franco did this. :) )

All I had to do to prove a statement is false is find one instant where its false. I provided a few.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

So the point is herik, you can try to pay league of legends, in order to get a higher grade.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

ben55

Post by ben55 »

Hi all, you can donate here: http://www.autism-society.org/get-involved/donate/ to help lightnessking and herik with their issues :thumbsupl: I wish them the best in overcoming their disability.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Which kind of autism? The "i'm gonna yell and call you all bitches and being ignorant." or the "i'm a perfectionist and will do everything close to perfect."

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

lightnessking. wrote: or the "i'm a perfectionist and will do everything close to perfect."
That's gotta be a new vesion of autism hehe. I guess you're thinking of the "I'm only interested in 1 thing, and 1 thing only, so thats all I'm gonna learn/perfect and suck at everything else"

Example knowing all about which type/kind of railways there is in all of Europe, but struggeling to answer a question like "does trains drive 10 KPH or faster?".

Think Rainman, except that that's an highly unlikly useful thing to be interested in.
Point -> either way, it's not looking good.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

That's not a new version of autism. Autism can also make you do everything scheduled and best as possible. (aka, perfectionist.) Ofcourse this is only for your interests, if you like math, you'll perform extremely well. If you hate math, you'll perform extremely horrible. But if you struggle, but really want to learn it, it will be rather easy.

One of my coworkers at my previous job was like this.

Ben 360
Basic Member
Lobby Username: ben 360

Post by Ben 360 »

I found this post etertaining.
EE has probably one of the highest ratios of bullying in such a small cummunity. #gottoloveeeplayers

On another note...
Did you end up recieving help Lightness? Or did you take this message as spam?

Return to “The Basement”