Shut down the Server ?

For all the off-topic discussion, nonsense, spam, or whatever you want to call it. Post it all down here. WARNING: Entrance may result in drop of IQ.
MacroMicroMonster
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: MacroMicroMonster

Re: Shut down the Server ?

Post by MacroMicroMonster »

I agree with Zeke. Never thought I'd say it. Also to become a mod you basically had to be buddy buddy with the previous mods /admins. Because it those clowns who vote you In. Its like a barrier to entry. Communision is similar. It's kinda silly, we can vote for a patch but we can't vote mods. EE is dead and let it die. Play league of legends and have tricky carry you as hiemer.

herik
Momma's boy
Lobby Username: herik

Post by herik »

Cobra u noob, u still playing? I might b back when net get back on. Ps tricky is worst heimer player ever. Nida FTW.
Can't believe this discussion about mods has carried on. But as for me. I might b friends with admins and mods. But I've done plenty of time helping and trying to get players back into ee as your aware.

MacroMicroMonster
Intermediate Member

He never wards his lane and heimer pushes hard and he gets ganked. I've been playing some. Mostly lee sin. What I said still holds true. Being a mod is like getting into a exclusive country minus any perks besides Bowing down to High Lord Doosh Omega.

MacroMicroMonster
Intermediate Member

What sad is they consider that a perk! Haha I'd rather eat a dead babies tongue.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

herik wrote:people get it because they earn it
Is this just a poor choice of words or is this what you truly believe?
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

Lancelot5
Lobby Username: Lancelot5

Post by Lancelot5 »

Hey,
Captain Nemo wrote:Hey lance I can't find this example can u pull a quote for me or something?
It was that here 2nd post:

Just that u have moved now the threat into a topic with: mark "WARNING: Entrance may result in drop of IQ", an area most people won´t notice and even create there a new post so that most can´t reply on it, is an little example what is meant by that point.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

Lancelot5 wrote:Hey,
Captain Nemo wrote:Hey lance I can't find this example can u pull a quote for me or something?
It was that here 2nd post:

Just that u have moved now the threat into a topic with: mark "WARNING: Entrance may result in drop of IQ", an area most people won´t notice and even create there a new post so that most can´t reply on it, is an little example what is meant by that point.
I thought your point was that the status of being mod was abusive in itself. Not that we abused the powers we were given. Moving of a topic is a very small thing imo anyway. But trix moved your post he can explain why he did that himself. As for your suggestion to what the rules should be I can't sayI can agree with that at all.

Lancelot5

Post by Lancelot5 »

Captain Nemo wrote: I thought your point was that the status of being mod was abusive in itself. Not that we abused the powers we were given. Moving of a topic is a very small thing imo anyway. But trix moved your post he can explain why he did that himself. As for your suggestion to what the rules should be I can't sayI can agree with that at all.
Na it was more both. I said the status of being mod is abusive itself because it give u like certain rights (what already makes Mods ahead) that can be abused. Therefore this little example. I knew it was not that important but u asked for so i gave u that reply again.
What u mean with rules and why u not agree ?

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

I ment what u thought should be the only reason to kick or ban sum1.. Reconnecting players. Just that i don't agree with that.

herik
Momma's boy

Post by herik »

Captain Nemo wrote:
herik wrote:people get it because they earn it
Is this just a poor choice of words or is this what you truly believe?
Well I probably had a much better statement then im about to write now, unfortunately it didn't save on my phone -_-, anyway:
Yes i believe you should earn to be mod, not just because your friends with the admin... You should want to be mod because you love the game and enjoy it growing with new people, or like helping or don't mind helping people with there game's problems. I myself havent even muted any1 yet, so this moderation abusiveness your talking about lance is false, I'de say just no1 likes you, and enjoys harrasing you. As for myself nemo, I earnt it, I've helped many peolpe before i became mod, I don't brake the rules ect ect. The admins should not be picking people that will abuse there power, or simply people that are just friends. Tool is a classic example, he was chosen because he helps people not because his friends with admins and mods. Lance your thought on been mod is quite bad, i guess i beleived to a certain extent of what you did, MODs are made to waste there time to help the community, their game time is wasted, you get abused more by players (not me really :P but others do haha), wh're made to stick by the rules, srs you have it easy. Stop your whinging complaint about mods, and stick to topic, so far its the only thing that you've been able to fire back at us, and it's not even a solid argument, i'de say its more ignorance.

WARNING I KNOW THIS IS ALL OVER THE PLACE BUT I DON'T EVEN CARE. ENJOY THE READ FAGS

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

To be fair with lance, he's helped a lot more people than you think herik. It's not like he's done nothing for EE.
When it comes to his suggestions, not only this but stuff like "make isthar horrible" or "I just learned liga so bring back tributes because I die on wing and need tribs". I just can't take it too seriously, tho I know this comes from a ee-fan who want to make EE better, they are just not well thought-out suggestions.

Closing one server is never a good idea UNLESS you've already gotten EVERYONE over to another server. If the WONlobby gets up and running and GR/Save-EE crowd starts using it then I see nothing wrong with closing down the server.

All in all, I think everyone agree that having all players at one place would be great. Right now GR is the only server growing (slowly but surly). It also has a good flow with new players trying out EE (where someone sticks, and someone leaves). I'm pretty sure GR outgrew Save-EE about one and a half year ago. Captain Nemo's estimate of 200 is more accurate than yours Lance, but I'd argue they even have more. I mean, RC/Wolfs have about 30+ active members each, and MW around 20.

We had a hope before on GR, when we got 2.0 version working AND making GR automatically see if you can host or not (so if you can host, there would be direct connect like in Save-EE with less lagg) BUT the stupid "Evil" dude decided to take that feature away because he said it would make it so people moved over to save-ee for some reason. If that feature was back up I'd vote on moving over there, but it isn't and probably wont be.

So unless someone does a ton of work on Save-EE lobby the only hope for EE (if there truly is any) is if WONlobby comes back up and everyone on GR gets the brains to actually use it (yes I said "gets" because they clearly don't have it right now).
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Lancelot5

Post by Lancelot5 »

Hi,
Captain Nemo wrote:I ment what u thought should be the only reason to kick or ban sum1.. Reconnecting players. Just that i don't agree with that
Why not agree ? For me its like the only problem players cant solve on their own. Therefore a Modsstatus maybe is required.
Katzer wrote:When it comes to his suggestions, not only this but stuff like "make isthar horrible" or "I just learned liga so bring back tributes because I die on wing and need tribs". I just can't take it too seriously
Its ok if u have an other opinion when can give arguments why. But i dont like it when guys just say it can´t be taken that serious. All post i did have their point in it.
  • I not really remeber but i dont think i have said ishtar should be horrible. For me it is to strong earlygame and kinda ruin games in Pre (btw water said same). U can calculate that out and will come to same result.

Tributes would have been good for new players ,as me , in Liga because u wont lose that fast and so can still stay longer ingame. So its more attractive to play which leads to faster learning. Dont like wait 30 mins upto 1 hour for 1 game and lose it first f11 10-20. I mean no problem to lose games. Often i like to lose games, but not when I have to wait that long to get a new one running.
If all i post is bad, not serious, not needed etc.
How it comes that Gameranger without Mods, with tributes, lag, and noobs still is more successfull then Lobby ? Thats i think is what we have to ask ourself to improve Lobby.

herik
Momma's boy

Post by herik »

Well that's an easy question to answer lenny. All we need is a Mexican/Indian

herik
Momma's boy

Post by herik »

Kaz I think the dark age barbs stronger then guns was the funniest and stupidest suggestion he put up so far. Pres been played for how many years? Lenny no respectable pre player would even think up of such a thing.

Simple
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: VoE_sImpLe^

Post by Simple »

herik wrote:Well that's an easy question to answer lenny. All we need is a Mexican/Indian
To be honest i see more Germans begging for help , who most times avoid to speak english..

Return to “The Basement”