Shut down the Server ?

For all the off-topic discussion, nonsense, spam, or whatever you want to call it. Post it all down here. WARNING: Entrance may result in drop of IQ.
Trichome Indica
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: ΤŖĪÇĦŐΜĔҗ Į ŊĎįċą җ

Re: Shut down the Server ?

Post by Trichome Indica »

I've been thinking about this a bit and need to take action.
Because if the thought of shutting down the server becomes reality,
and http://www.save-ee.com ceases to exist; well then nothing more than memories could be retained. It is because of this concern that I would like to send Lancelot5 a save-ee, Empire Earth Black T shirt. Lancelot5, please accept this on behalf of the staff at save-ee.com as gratitude for your donations and love of the game. Please send me a mailing address and your size
(private message)
We recognize your plea, and honor your commitment to Empire Earth,
and save-ee.com.
Thank you.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Oldspice
Lobby Username: Oldspice Guy

Post by Oldspice »

Omega wrote: Jossos, although it might look like it, we didn't do the mod/admin thing for status.

The way we did it, every user can see who the staff members are, and where that staff member falls on the hierarchy, so there aren't any issues with who does or doesn't have authority.
Basically, we must kiss your ass, and treat you special as opposed to every other player? I don't mean you personally, I think the Admin's should keep their titles(mainly because of the work you guys have done for this game), but the mods, fuck them seriously. Most mods are degenerate morons and I really don't enjoy being forced to listen to their shit, especially indica's conspiracy crap, and sexa's shitty taste in music.

Like I said, allow us to ignore your chats and/or whispers, but force warnings through for banning or whatever purposes.

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

ive been gone for 2 years and i havent posted any music on server since ive been back for about 1 1/2 months now and i would usually only post things people requested so your flawed information just makes you look moronic

why mods dont get along with you ?
well youve been banned for cheating, you constantly insult pretty much any player you see in the lobby and when warned to settle down you just tell mods/admins to fuck off then when muted you just post game titles then ignore further warnings of doing so then you piss and moan about being banned again when in fact its only ever been your fault

and the same goes for most the other crybabies that are constantly complaining about the same stupid shit over and over

Lancelot5
Lobby Username: Lancelot5

Post by Lancelot5 »

Hey,

Trichome Indica = "I would like to send Lancelot5 a save-ee, Empire Earth Black T shirt"
  • Wow men thx , good offer i will write u :D . How is it when I donate now 20 dollars would i get 2nd one that u can send to an other player ? I would like to send earth one but not sure if i find out his address.

To topic:

Captain Nemo = "h and 70 players? it's alot closer to 200 i think if there was a lobby. At good hours"
  • 200 ? I never saw there that many players. Partly it looks like that much because its easy to host on GR . They also dont have that kind of Lobbyroom to wait.

simple = "I would suggest to shut down the Save-ee Lobby server if the old Sierra Servers are back online again"
  • Althought i partly have some issues with the creators of that feature because some where spamming and hacking lobby i still think that they are the only hope ee community have right now. They look like the only ones that have the knowledge do to some important changes. But while i am thinking the programming part will be pretty hard my hopes arent that high on their project.

Omega = "I still don't take your suggestion very seriously"
  • Yeah u dont have to. The post itself is just an suggestion but the topic that suggest creates, the question how to keep on going with ee, is pretty serious. Within the days we have 30 players european primetime. I partly not even get any 4vs4 on any set. I think in a half year u maybe have 10-15 players online. Will u still keep on running the Server ?

And since most post here about the Moderator Status i will just post my thoughts about that.
  • For me Moderators Status would be only good for 1 think and that is to punish/ban reconnecting players. But i am not sure, if they even have the rights to do that. You can say whatever u want but thats the only thing such status is required. I am not saying that we dont need the players that help others, advertise ee or organize forum etc... .Its just u dont need to have a Mod Status to do that. Also if someone use bad language or spam etc players just can decide on their own if they want to ignore that person. It only becomes annoying when someone reconnects and u cant ignore it.

CusTomm_
Lobby Username: Adventure_

Post by CusTomm_ »

Everytime Jossos posts somewhere we should move the topic to basement

Oldspice

Post by Oldspice »

Sexacutioner wrote:ive been gone for 2 years and i havent posted any music on server since ive been back for about 1 1/2 months now and i would usually only post things people requested so your flawed information just makes you look moronic

why mods dont get along with you ?
well youve been banned for cheating, you constantly insult pretty much any player you see in the lobby and when warned to settle down you just tell mods/admins to fuck off then when muted you just post game titles then ignore further warnings of doing so then you piss and moan about being banned again when in fact its only ever been your fault

and the same goes for most the other crybabies that are constantly complaining about the same stupid shit over and over
Alright listen up you fat hairy pedophile - When I got banned for cheating - I didn't even cheat, I was observing the game I got banned for (im sure you could dig up the topic and have a look yourself). To this day I won't admit to cheating coz it didn't happen, and your assertions are just false. Of course you're too retarded to understand that, so I'm speaking to everyone else.

Also, I was very glad when you were gone. I thought you died or something. Unfortunately this was not the case. HOWEVER it would be GREAT if i could put you on ignore, so that I can pretend that you are dead.

- Also
The only other time I ever got banned was for saying the word "nigger" - a punishment that has not been used on any other user of the lobby. Seems like there are special rules only applicable to me, so that later on you fat ugly bastards can group up in your mouldy basements and say things like "Jossos yew gut bant rember? u ar bad playr pls not be mean"

herik
Momma's boy
Lobby Username: herik

Post by herik »

*********WARNING HAVEN'T GOTTEN TO FLAME AT PEOPLE FOR 3 WEEKS (RECORD)********
****************READ AT OWNS RISK**************
This post seemed serious then went downhill from there LOL, Jossos number 1 troll, haha.
lance why complain about mods and admins, when you had just stated that game ranger has No punishment for retards.
then said no abusive mods in gameranger. LOL I'm pretty sure i talked crap to you b4 i went mod, 80% players have abused you and 10% were mods.
Not much smurf issues- LMAO you must be kidding me just as many smurfs if not more, (also have to worry about cheaters glitches, they block account(email) not ip)
Less competition(players more equal)- you just complained in another post after that one, not enough competition in aoc mid. Make it clear what you want. equal noobs or competition where your learning and growing in the game? #1 idiot.
If the new players had a brain, they can "easily host" to. I've lost count at how many times I've told noobs what to do, they either ignore it, not follow instructions in order, or think there idea on what to do is better.
Both games lag, not much you can do about that.

Thats enough for a today.
Lance when you going to learn how to play pre???????

Oldspice

Post by Oldspice »

herik wrote:Lance when you going to learn how to play pre???????
U kidding? he's pretty good at pre

herik
Momma's boy

Post by herik »

My opinion won't change until he understands the importance of a temple before 30-40 fll ^.^

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

LoL jossos that was classic lol

Jossos:Alright listen up you fat hairy pedophile - When I got banned for cheating - I didn't even cheat, I was observing the game I got banned for

LOL that is good lol rofl
-NeW-: ey idiot
-NeW-: triki
-NeW-: no
-NeW-: stupid
-NeW-: u are syndrom down
-NeW-: and retardet
simple_faith Assassin was pretty great
Kazter:Assassin was shit.

ben55

Post by ben55 »

I believe excessive moderating and censorship is what ran many people off. On the WONLobby you had to really really try to get in trouble (outside of cheating of course). I still can't believe people got in trouble over {MAB} tags.

As for what to do with Save-EE; As long as someone wants to fit the bill why not keep it up? I understand why this will never happen, but putting a GR link on the announcements in the lobby, might keep a discouraged player interested when he sees there is another community rather than just the 15-40 that are on.

As an experienced player, I found GR really boring because most games I could win 1v4 or 2v6 with ease, but a new player or old rusty player might find it more enjoyable.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

@ lance. At peak hours there can be up to 50 EE games, and that makes it at least 50 people right.. And probably about 3-4 in each game on average. thats 150ish. And with all the people not in game I'd say thats at least 100 then based on previous lobby experience. It's just guessing, but 200 on a good evening is a good guess I think and 70 is way off, we have that in lobby on sunday evening still.

@ oldspice: Just to clear up. When u're a moderator u get special treatment true. But not in the direction u think, it's the opposite. You receive about 300% more insults when u become moderator as opposed to regular user. It's not always easy as to what u should react on and what not. On one hand u wanna give the silent treatment and avoid making a big drama out of something. On the other hand u can't be too weak or it will definitely happen more often. Publically it's obviously alot worse than if it was in whispers, as in lobby all can see it. People are intentionally testing your boundaries just to make a big drama out of it, if u take action. It's much easier being a regular user, then u can just ignore that person and not deal with it at all. I think binary is a good example of someone who did not find the right balance with this and ended up in a disaster.
And as for newcomers not whispering mods. Well what the fuck do u know lol? I'd say about 90% of the new users whisper mods for help and 80% of these users have not bothered doing ANY work at all before asking for help. I mean if u just read the lobby intro text you've come a long way but most don't do this. Hence, we definitely need it clear who is mod and who is not. Although I'd agree with the ignore mods thing, but I think there are alot more important things to turn attention to if some work was to be done on lobby.

@ zeke: Totally agree! I often tell people about GR so that they don't run off and think EE is completely dead.
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

Lancelot5
Lobby Username: Lancelot5

Post by Lancelot5 »

Hey,

Here some food for the Troll herik

I think its recommended to be at least 12 years to play Empire Earth. If u dont have achieved that yet, just wait unitl u got that certain level.
  • why complain about mods / admins ?
    • I didnt really complain at all. Just compared advantages from GR with Lobby. For me, as i already said, Mods (the Status) are only usefull to ban reconnecting players and thats a feature u dont have on GR. Thatswhy i said GR has "no punishment for retards". On the other hand the status of being a Moderator gives u some rights with makes u ahead compared to normal players (so its abusive and i gave alreay and example for this). Thats what several players dont like.
  • Not much smurf issues- LMAO you must be kidding me just as many smurfs if not more ?
    • Yeah i said that the players on GR are more equal in their status because there are no Mods / Admins. So everyone can smurf everyone. So its kinda fair and wont endup like here.
  • Less competition(players more equal)
    • Where i wrote that ? players more equal was refering to the Status within the players on GR compared with the Status within players on Lobby including Mods/Admins. And the missing competition was refering to my own situation now in Lobby. To Gameranger i said its full of Noobs so even worser on that point.
  • If the new players had a brain, they can "easily host" to
    • Yeah i would that easily do too but not all are that good into electronics. And such answer just piss me off. I think your fucking help is just posting "open 33334-33336 in router". And its not that easy to open ports for unexperienced players. How they can know that e.g. windows firewall rules still active althought firewall turned off or if they added portrules that they have to scrolldown whole rules and delete oldones. You are not even able to install EE so no clue what u wanted to say.

P2N tip for free: You build a temple when u like to get a pro or when the enemy is going to build one !

All in all was last time i give u some reply. If u not able to write in an certain level i wont answer anymore. I have no problem if someone cant write that well or not understand everything etc ... But you just post shit for the lolz which is mostly completely stupid. Its not only in this threat nearly its every post. I dont have time for that shit.

Topic :
Captain Nemo wrote:At peak hours there can be up to 50 EE games ...
Wow pretty impressive. I mean for me its no problem if it has more players. The more the better. It´s just a good sign.
ben55 wrote: As for what to do with Save-EE; As long as someone wants to fit the bill why not keep it up? I understand why this will never happen, but putting a GR link on the announcements in the lobby, might keep a discouraged player interested when he sees there is another community rather than just the 15-40 that are on.
Think this is a good argument too better have Players playing on GR then leaving the game. On the other hand its also like when some switch to GR while others stay here they wont get their 4vs4 games full. So its maybe a problem too. But what i somehow notice is that the community partly is splitted. Some guys really hate lobby. I dont know why. They should work Together.

herik
Momma's boy

Post by herik »

I really can't believe anyone would be that stupid to care about a status, people get it because they earn it, and are then made to waste there time helping noobs on how to play, start game and fix problems ect. (AS NEMO STATED ABOVE). You're probably the most thick minded person on here, that has the most stupidest ideas. Equal players, i don't understand this at all. We have no advantages in a game from been a mod, I think you just found a stupid thing to bitch about.

About this, we just tell them port numbers and leave it that. you are dull, I'm pretty sure I just told you what happens, they either go off with there own thing and dont listen, don't want to listen. and lets see oh YEA, can't follow step by step instructions. I even made this for them that I post to them, for them to follow:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4316
apparently it's too hard

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

On the other hand the status of being a Moderator gives u some rights with makes u ahead compared to normal players (so its abusive and i gave alreay and example for this).
Hey lance I can't find this example can u pull a quote for me or something?
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

Return to “The Basement”