Shut down the Server ?

For all the off-topic discussion, nonsense, spam, or whatever you want to call it. Post it all down here. WARNING: Entrance may result in drop of IQ.
LacRimoSa
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] LacRimoSa

Re: Shut down the Server ?

Post by LacRimoSa »

Na, just a coincidence that our languages are both named "german" :P

herik
Momma's boy
Lobby Username: herik

Post by herik »

Hahaha

Warmonger
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Warmonger

Post by Warmonger »

Jodocus_ wrote:I think it is time to say some words.

Despite the fact that I (obviously) really don't like Save-EE and the whole mod staff orangization I still think that closing down Save-EE now is a huge mistake. I really hate to say it but much of the heart of EE is very depending on it.

My work is to change that. Many guys here may be sceptical about my NeoEE project and yes, even I can't say if I will succeed. I reached a quite critical point which is pretty difficult to work on (cryptography), but when I get beyond it (and I think I will do it sooner or later) there aren't much "theoretical" borders left.
But as long as I (and RealForce of course) am working on it, you should be patient. Implementing the WONLobby means also implementing CDKey registration, distribution and much more stuff, not just the Lobby.

Unfortunately I am currently the only person I know so far that is able to actually program something like that since it needs both pretty good C++ skills and a good knowledge in discrete math/cryptography. Because I am studying physics and not IT sciences, it took and takes me quite much time to acquire knowledge about everything, but even if there are guys who may be no mathematicians but have programming skills in C++ (good ones!) they may be a good help for me.

Also, I don't have the capacities to host something like that. I dont even have the time to moderate such stuff. I think chatbots can do much of that work as well, but implementing them takes time as well.
Too bad that many of the old EE hackers left the game, is there anyone left?
Easier said than done, without official servers you'll have to reverse the packet parser to see what the client expects back from the server.

There is no place like 127.0.0.1 except for ::1 Image

Jodocus_
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Post by Jodocus_ »

Don't worry, I already started the project (at about 5000 lines of code now) and analyzed the packet structure, it is completely known to me. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LntWpXufoxs
I only need to get behind the cryptography (some minor problems) and there are no more problems except the quantity.

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

so whats the plans of banning cheating everyones abit weird on this idea because you hacked lobby client and did you hack sierra servers back in the days too? so how come the change of heart too save the game we love so much?

Dont get me wrong we all are here because we love ee and aoc and we want it too keep going and i would love too have the old multiplayer back. Stopping cheaters has too be a main thing tho cus it ruins it for many people.

Also will new players be able too log straight in? or they have too get a patch or something before they can try?
-NeW-: ey idiot
-NeW-: triki
-NeW-: no
-NeW-: stupid
-NeW-: u are syndrom down
-NeW-: and retardet
simple_faith Assassin was pretty great
Kazter:Assassin was shit.

Jodocus_
Intermediate Member

Post by Jodocus_ »

What does hacking to do with cheating? :twisted:

Ahaha, you remind me of good old days. :D
Oh the poor Buddha. :)

>> so how come the change of heart too save the game we love so much?

There is no change of heart. EE is fun. But Hacking is fucking funny as well, if you can do it. It is all just for the lulz, as always. :)

>> and i would love too have the old multiplayer back. Stopping cheaters has too be a main thing tho cus it ruins it for many people.

So what is the problem to ban their CD-key?

>> Also will new players be able too log straight in?

No, except you buy the sierra.com domain (for few thousands if at all) from Activision, and I strongly believe that won't happen. So in order to play, you have to install a patch (basically changing some lines in WONLobby.cfg).

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

wow ws_jen is in that chat ;o oo
-NeW-: ey idiot
-NeW-: triki
-NeW-: no
-NeW-: stupid
-NeW-: u are syndrom down
-NeW-: and retardet
simple_faith Assassin was pretty great
Kazter:Assassin was shit.

Jodocus_
Intermediate Member

Post by Jodocus_ »

Finally, I did it. I am beyond encryption.
Tonight it has become VERY likely (about 90%) that this project will succeed. The biggest problem is solved.

Behold Empire Earth Community, WON will be back!

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

Sounds good, what's left now on the to-do list?
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Jodocus_
Intermediate Member

Post by Jodocus_ »

70% of work I think.
Next comes small stuff like password recovery etc.
After this login. And the chat system. But this is only analyzing and typing work, much easier than cryptography (problems are caused by a bug in Empire Earth for what I had to find a workaround).

herik
Momma's boy
Lobby Username: herik

Post by herik »

Sounds great!

monpablo*_
Novice Member
Lobby Username: monpablo

Post by monpablo*_ »

sharing a project always seems dangerous to me. feel free to pm me if you need a hand

btw.. why would someone calling himself buddha host games named "i kill you all"

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

cause it wasn't buddha...
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

monpablo*_
Novice Member
Lobby Username: monpablo

Post by monpablo*_ »

sure.. still *someone* decided to take his name instead of any other. i highly disrespect with people taunting the religion of freedom and piece.

banning the CD-key wont really work since ALOT of players use the EE-COMPLETE Version.

Also you have to replace your WONLobby.cfg file.. which means this update will only reach the save-ee community.. or how do you plan to make gamerangers install your patch?

i think we should just hit gameranger database since youve hacked the sierra servers too. unfortunately i couldnt figure out how to do so yet... and theyre not responding me to the idea to remove empire earth to make all people join in the same place

edit: no offense but i think youre wasting time. wed better check out bugs that make the game crash. this will make people join here i really think so.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

monpablo*_ wrote:sure.. still *someone* decided to take his name instead of any other. i highly disrespect with people taunting the religion of freedom and piece.
No this is merely a screen of buddha name, alot of names were taken, most known player's names infact. It's not taunting the religion it's taunting the player "buddha".

Besides, no religion is for freedom, especially not buddhism.

Jodocus those hack adventures some of u guys had led to ALOT of people leaving EE. So if u wanna get rid of cheating u might wanna look into that mass game thing cause imo the mass games led more people to leave than cheating.
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

Return to “The Basement”