Shut down the Server ?

For all the off-topic discussion, nonsense, spam, or whatever you want to call it. Post it all down here. WARNING: Entrance may result in drop of IQ.
[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Re: Shut down the Server ?

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

game ranger has more players because game ranger is a place for all old games, they have much more advertisement than we do. When people ask on forums do you know anywhere where i can play online people only know game ranger thats why. We had alot of old school players leave thats true but they didnt go to game ranger they quit or went to other games. But soon we should have improvements too lobby ;)
-NeW-: ey idiot
-NeW-: triki
-NeW-: no
-NeW-: stupid
-NeW-: u are syndrom down
-NeW-: and retardet
simple_faith Assassin was pretty great
Kazter:Assassin was shit.

herik
Momma's boy
Lobby Username: herik

Post by herik »

U noob simple I was answering lenny question as he stated. What gr doing that lobby isn't I stated ee need an Indian and Mexican. Because that's wat gr is. Brothers sisters and cousins and friends all noobs and retards, but theres many of them. And half of gr are cheats, so lenny I guess u want to allow cheating as well?

Lancelot5
Lobby Username: Lancelot5

Post by Lancelot5 »

Hey,
simple wrote: To be honest i see more Germans begging for help , who most times avoid to speak english..
Yeah thats true. Not all understand english that well !

Tricky wrote:game ranger has more players because game ranger is a place for all old games, they have much more advertisement than we do. When people ask on forums do you know anywhere where i can play online people only know game ranger thats why. We had alot of old school players leave thats true but they didnt go to game ranger they quit or went to other games. But soon we should have improvements too lobb
Its true that GR is easier to advertise on that part. But its not true like they are only having new players. I think RC-, MW-, AOD-, Heroes-, EQ-, MiT- Guys etc. they all know about Lobby but are still playing there.Also the Lobby doesn´t get advertised as a better gaming community from these players.

Simple
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: VoE_sImpLe^

Post by Simple »

Its true that GR is easier to advertise on that part. But its not true like they are only having new players. I think RC-, MW-, AOD-, Heroes-, EQ-, MiT- Guys etc. they all know about Lobby but are still playing there.Also the Lobby doesn´t get advertised as a better gaming community from these players.
Me and Remi did lobby EE for nearly all of our Members and we are playing on Lobby aswell :P
herik wrote:U noob simple I was answering lenny question as he stated. What gr doing that lobby isn't I stated ee need an Indian and Mexican. Because that's wat gr is. Brothers sisters and cousins and friends all noobs and retards, but theres many of them. And half of gr are cheats, so lenny I guess u want to allow cheating as well?
Yes, true . But still i think there are more German guys who need help :p

herik
Momma's boy

Post by herik »

Really? Germans are still common. does Eis or lacri still play?

I've noticed lenny has stopped talking to me, to many correct facts for him to handle. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP
:)

Jodocus_
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Post by Jodocus_ »

I think it is time to say some words.

Despite the fact that I (obviously) really don't like Save-EE and the whole mod staff orangization I still think that closing down Save-EE now is a huge mistake. I really hate to say it but much of the heart of EE is very depending on it.

My work is to change that. Many guys here may be sceptical about my NeoEE project and yes, even I can't say if I will succeed. I reached a quite critical point which is pretty difficult to work on (cryptography), but when I get beyond it (and I think I will do it sooner or later) there aren't much "theoretical" borders left.
But as long as I (and RealForce of course) am working on it, you should be patient. Implementing the WONLobby means also implementing CDKey registration, distribution and much more stuff, not just the Lobby.

Unfortunately I am currently the only person I know so far that is able to actually program something like that since it needs both pretty good C++ skills and a good knowledge in discrete math/cryptography. Because I am studying physics and not IT sciences, it took and takes me quite much time to acquire knowledge about everything, but even if there are guys who may be no mathematicians but have programming skills in C++ (good ones!) they may be a good help for me.

Also, I don't have the capacities to host something like that. I dont even have the time to moderate such stuff. I think chatbots can do much of that work as well, but implementing them takes time as well.
Too bad that many of the old EE hackers left the game, is there anyone left?

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

hmm so basically if u succeed, which we all hope u do, you would like save-ee to host the server?

And no sorry I don't know anyone else who could maybe help u...
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

Jodocus_
Intermediate Member

Post by Jodocus_ »

Basically I dont care who will host it. I only know that I won't and can't. I will just try to set up the architecture and improve it from time to time.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

Well Im not the one with definitive say in this, but I think save-ee would be delighted to host the wonlobby servers and I think it would make good sense to have save-ee do it.

Jodocus_
Intermediate Member

Post by Jodocus_ »

I actually do not believe that Save-EE will actually host it. There are many bad memories in our relationship. :twisted:

the punisher
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: puni

Post by the punisher »

monpablo can help u im sure

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

Jodocus_ wrote:I actually do not believe that Save-EE will actually host it. There are many bad memories in our relationship. :twisted:
same :) I had the official title of "drama king" here for years, and yet here I am as moderator...

But I don't know man Im just guessing lol. megs or ghost can say whether they'll host it or not.

Jodocus_
Intermediate Member

Post by Jodocus_ »

Well, my position is clear. The sooner I know on what plattform I will work on the better. Currently the TitanServer system is Windows Vista/7/8/Server Versions only (x86/x64). It would be quite a little work to port it to Linux as well.

LacRimoSa
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] LacRimoSa

Post by LacRimoSa »

herik wrote:Really? Germans are still common. does Eis or lacri still play?
I do occasionally. However, im not german. ;)

herik
Momma's boy

Post by herik »

Austrians can still speak German cant they :p

Return to “The Basement”