The foods

For all the off-topic discussion, nonsense, spam, or whatever you want to call it. Post it all down here. WARNING: Entrance may result in drop of IQ.
Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Re: The foods

Post by Arntzen »

Captain Nemo wrote:
Thats completely false. You can go for about 1½-2 hours (in the intensity u can do over a period for 2 hours) before u need to refill. There are probably alot of bad studies on this, and alot of other things. It's the world of diets and 90% of what u hear is probably complete bullshit. [/quote]
That's good to know. Where did you get this from tho:
Captain Nemo wrote:U can go for ages on fat reserves just not very high intensity compared to glucose metabolism.
Captain Nemo wrote:It doesn't go along with your low carb diet, but it's still not unhealthy food seen from a scientific view. Of course u shouldn't eat 100 pieces a day, but that goes for almost any kind of food.
Any type of carb gets broken down into monosaccharides and eventually glucose. That goes for your vegetables too. You want to try not to have too high a Glycemic Index (GI). Apple for example is the number one fruit in my fridge and tho it contains alot of suger, it has a surprisingly low GI of just 38.
The GI is basically whats responsible for your long time blood sugar (HbA1c concentration), which infact hasn't got much significance unless you have diabetes.
http://www.netspiren.dk/info/Glykaemisk ... 476l1.aspx (lots of examples of GI in food. in danish)
The higher your long time blood sugar is, the higher the insulin is. Insulin lasts longer. Your body wants the insulin and blood sugar to be 1:1. So when your blood sugar is on a downfall you want more sugar (or food if you're associating this feeling with only food, and don't understand it has to do with your blood sugar).
I only eat vegetables under 5 carbs per 100g. Basically it was only two I had to take out of the vegetables I used to eat (potatoes and corn). I was surprised when reading your link seeing that Tomatoes had so high GI. 21, only 4 away from chocolate milk lmao. Guess I need to read up on that, tho tomatoes has 2.1 carbs each 100g, and apple has 10,1. and WOW Banana has 73 same as sugar :O. Banana has also 18,1 carbs each 100g which is a lot too. Oh and if you compare the glucose-content in sugar bites with the glucose-content of a banana, you'll find that the banana correspond to 10-12 sugar bites. Now, that can't be too healthy mate. And those vitamins you can get through fruit, you can also get through vegetables. Why choose the least healthy option?
Not to mention all the acid in fruit. Is it really reasonable to believe that we're adapted to eating fruit when we have to use our specially made toothbrush with our specially made toothpaste to clean away the remainder of the fruit so we wont get dental caries?
Captain Nemo wrote:That is low carb yes, but vegetables probably average about 80% carb energy. Most of which have 3-10 g/100g. So you do get carbs that way when u eat alot of it. Bread will contain even more carbs of course, even tho you call it "low carb" you probably refer to whole grain bread (hope this is the right word). idk what u mean with much imposition. I was able to dig up a whole-grain brown bread with just 855 kj/100g and 86% from carbs. Alot of fibres of course. You can of course get even lower in carb% but then your energi intake will just go up, as you'd be filling it up with something else which has very high fat percentage.
As I said earlier I eat vegetables who have under 5g/100g carbs. I eat two low carb breads, one I make on my own (around 3-4g /100g carbs) and one I buy in stores which has 6.1g/100g. The one I buy I'm extra careful with of course. Both these breads has a ton of eggs, and cottage cheese/butter.

With much "imposition" (I dno a better word) I mean like if I want cheese on, I take 2-3 slices in stead of only 1 etc. Normally it's 2 slices of ham with mayonnaise. :)
Captain Nemo wrote:One of the reasons fibres are good, is that even though they give alot of "fullness feeling" they only contain 7-8 kg/g of energy. So you will get the full feeling without actually having consumed much energy. It's mostly found in vegetables and whole-grain products.
Fiber is something our bodies can't take up and use as nourishment. Yes you feel full and satisfied, but we don't eat to make us feel full, but to actually get nourishment. Fiber being healthy is a myth. A fresh study called Women's Health Initiative, where one group ate more fiber, shows that it didn't have any health benefits compared to the other group who ate normally. Saying this out loud is like suicide tho, since there is few things dietitians love more than fiber.
Captain Nemo wrote:Protein is what gives the greatest full-feeling (an english word for that btw?), next is carbs and finally fat. Fat however contains twice the energy, and doesn't make u feel very full. Thats why fat makes u fat fast;)
Low-carb diet also means much protein and much fat. So it'll in the end even things out I guess ;)
It's true that the energy density is highest in fat. But there is a difference between saturated and unsaturated fat. You can eat more unsaturated fat before you feel filled = more calories. Saturated fat on the other hand makes you feel filled for a long time. Which means less calories in the long run. Something that doesn't make you fat, but rather thin. Fat itself doesn't make you fat, but it's the hormone insulin, which is produced in your body when you eat carbohydrates.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Lavanger
Novice Member
Lobby Username: Lavanger

Post by Lavanger »

i like low fat/sodium diets, with medium carbs, dono why youd want to eat more fats then carbs, first thing you burn off is protein and carbs , fats are harder to burn i think and dont provide the energy subsitute that carbs provide idk

eeralf_
Nemesis
Lobby Username: eeralf

Post by eeralf_ »

hihihi, Iam Ben 666, and he is right, man u talk all shit, cuz my food is beer, ok some days i get real food, buts sauerkraut and some steaks and leberknoedel, damn, eat good , so all ok
and dont forgot Milk

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

chicken wings
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

ben55

Post by ben55 »

beer is all i need prooooooooooooooooooooooost
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

eeralf_
Nemesis
Lobby Username: eeralf

Post by eeralf_ »

btw: in old egypt they drunk more beer and wine than water, it was a basical food, no joke

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

ralf speaks the truth
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Return to “The Basement”