The God debate

For all the off-topic discussion, nonsense, spam, or whatever you want to call it. Post it all down here. WARNING: Entrance may result in drop of IQ.
SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Re: The God debate

Post by SlipKnoT »

I have no interest in reading all that bullshit.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS GOD.

DEAL WITH IT.

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

From the Wikipedia article:
Many years after the 1989 experiment, cold fusion researchers still haven't agreed on a single theoretical explanation or on a single experimental method that can produce replicable results [139] and continue to offer new proposals, which also fail to convince mainstream scientists.[76]
Cold fusion research hasn't advanced. There are a handful of people who still study it, but no one can even reproduce their results when they try to do so in other labs, following the exact same procedures, which is a big red flag. They can't even reliably reproduce their results in their own lab, following their own procedures that supposedly worked the first time, which is again, another big red flag, and what's even more troubling is that instead of trying to find out what's going on (like say, looking for some kind of hidden variable explaining when it supposedly works vs when it doesn't, which is what real scientists do all the time until they can get a procedure that always works), they pretty much just go try other stuff at random until they eventually get another result they like, and then the process repeats when no one can replicate that result either. This isn't even close to how good science is done, which is part of the reason why cold fusion research is generally regarded as NOT being real science.

Furthermore, very few of the papers published by cold fusion researchers can make it past peer review (which primarily looks at the quality of the methodology, and if the data presented supports the conclusion), because they're not using a rigorous methodology. Instead, they generally publish in non-peer reviewed journals, or in journals which claim to be peer reviewed but are so un-reputable no one takes them seriously, like those from Bentham that aren't really peer reviewed, and are really a joke (thus no one takes them seriously). How big of a joke? Some of the Bentham journals have published papers that are deliberately full of intelligent sounding nonsense cobbled together along with random data that has no relation to anything, such as papers that were generated using SCIgen: http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/scigen/

These are the reasons that I'm fairly skeptical of the link and the author of the link, because of the statement "Nevertheless, Cold Fusion is very real". It's certainly possible Cold Fusion is real and no one has figured it out yet, and if anyone ever does they'd definitely win a Nobel prize for it, but there's no good evidence suggesting that it's real.

eeralf_
Nemesis
Lobby Username: eeralf

Post by eeralf_ »

Trichome Indica
human life energies exist only in the Movies u watch,
human emotion, thought waves & thinking, yeah its Chemical and Biological processes (this is real Science)
phenomenon of Ghosts and Spirits , lol cant all explain about this (my english to weak), watch stone age, mid age , Rene and until today, nobody detect a Ghost, its figment of your imagination/fantasy/mind

Trichome Indica
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: ΤŖĪÇĦŐΜĔҗ Į ŊĎįċą җ

Post by Trichome Indica »

eeralf_ wrote:Trichome Indica
human life energies exist only in the Movies u watch,
phenomenon of Ghosts and Spirits , lol cant all explain about this (my english to weak), watch stone age, mid age , Rene and until today, nobody detect a Ghost, its figment of your imagination/fantasy/mind
ImageThis electromagnetic energy is the life force i was referring to. ImageIt has been measured and documented that a properly trained human can project his/her field up to 2.5 kilometers in any direction.

The human energy field.

"It has long been known that activities of cells and tissues generate electrical fields that can be detected on the skin surface. But the laws of physics demand that any electrical current generates a corresponding magnetic field in the surrounding space. Since these fields were too tiny to detect, biologists assumed they could have no physiological significance.

This picture began to change in 1963. Gerhard Baule and Richard McFee of the Department of Electrical Engineering, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY detected the biomagnetic field projected from the human heart. They used two coils, each with 2 million turns of wire, connected to a sensitive amplifier.

In 1970, David Cohen of MIT, using a SQUID magnetometer, confirmed the heart measurements. By 1972, Cohen had improved the sensitivity of his instrument, enabling him to measure magnetic fields around the head produced by brain activities.

Subsequently, it has been discovered that all tissues and organs produce specific magnetic pulsations, which have come to be known as biomagnetic fields. The traditional electrical recordings, such as the electrocardiogram and electroencephalogram, are now being complemented by biomagnetic recordings, called magnetocardiograms and magnetoencephalograms. For various reasons, mapping the magnetic fields in the space around the body often provides a more accurate indication of physiology and pathology than traditional electrical measurements."
http://my.opera.com/Changing_woman/blog ... ml/4383131
I thought it was pretty amazing when I learned about this.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Trichome Indica
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: ΤŖĪÇĦŐΜĔҗ Į ŊĎįċą җ

Post by Trichome Indica »

Some Christian Mythology Revealed
Image·
-Without the sun, all life on Earth would perish. And, in Christianity, without Jesus (the son/sun), all souls on Earth would perish.
-In Christianity, Christians go to church on SUNday in order to worship Jesus--the son/sun.
-The Christian "son on a cross" myth/symbol was simply borrowed from the ancient "sun on a cross" symbol:The Ancient "Sun on a Cross" Symbol ImageImageImage

The Christian "Son on a Cross" Symbol
(In addition to Jesus being a son/sun on a cross, note
how his arms are also spread out like a shining sun.)Image

·
-On Earth, the sun rises in the East. And, in Christianity, the resurrection (the rising) of Jesus (the son/sun) is celebrated on EASTer SUNday.
·
-On Earth, the winter solstice is the symbolic "rebirth" of the sun. And, in Christianity, it is claimed that Jesus (the son/sun) was born on December 25th--the date on which the ancient Romans marked the winter solstice. (Note: In ancient Rome, the winter solstice occurred on December 25th. But, due to calendar slippage, the winter solstice now falls on either December 21st or 22nd, depending on the year.)
"The Christian religion is a parody on the worship of the Sun, in which they put a man whom they call Christ, in the place of the Sun, and pay him the same adoration which was originally paid to the Sun."

—Thomas Paine (Anglo-American revolutionary and writer, 1737-1809)
Truthism
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

jackson
Novice Member

Post by jackson »

A Gamer's Guide To Christianity

Q. What's heaven like?
A. Heaven is a cross between Final Fantasy, Might and Magic, Sim City, and EE (just take away all the fighting)

Q. What's hell like?
A. Hell can be defined as a subterranean region deep underground; Hades is the place with all the fire and torture and stuff like that. The best comparison to the environment of hades can be found (I think) in the Max Payne video game where he wakes up in Hades and has to fight his way out, blasting through tons of different types of demons along the way.

Q. What's life on earth like?
A. Try playing any rts on its most difficult setting

Q. What should a Christian be like?
A. A cross between Gandalf and Aragorn

Q. What is the Christian God like?
A. The secret is in knowing Him not just knowing what His name means; however,
if I had to describe Him, the best way I could is From Dust. Simply because
the main focus is using power to try to help people--and that's what the Christian God does.

:arrow: Q. Why did the Christian God command so many people to be killed?
A. Played any good rts's lately? The game is specifically designed so that you have time to build and improve your civilization and things like that before you are attacked. If you lose your entire civilization, is it the programmers' fault? No; it's your own. You wasted the time you were given and as a result, you died. Unlike an rts, God didn't create life to be a game; but like an rts, God gives everyone time and chances. Now, there's something called repentance; this is the most important thing that God gives everyone time and chance to do--to turn from their old ways and have their relationship with Him restored back to normal. Here's a picture of what repentance looks like: http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4919353489098627&pid=1.9

:arrow: Q. Didn't God make the world the way it is today?
A. God created nature, all the laws that govern it, and all the animals and people and the earth (among other things). Of course, when God first created the world, animals didn't even eat meat! Lots of things were different then...unfortunately, disobedience to God is what caused the human race to inherit a sinful condition which resulted in separating them from God--as a result, a lot of things changed and will still stay that way until the day Jesus comes back, and other things (like the sinful condition) don't have to wait until then and can be changed. That's the good news!

:arrow: Q. Where does evil come from?
A. Let's face it folks; evil things happen in rts's all the time. Is it always because of "divine intervention"? 8) No, obviously not; it can come from weather conditions, enemy brigands, or units that you try to move, and instead, end up attacking your base! Depending on the rts, it could also come from wizards sending magic points against your city or secret spie. In somewhat the same way, evil comes from lots of places but it is very important to remember that one of the places evil comes from is from our own hearts; Anton La Vey once said, "Satanism is the religion of the beastial nature of man". He then went on and encouraged people to embrace it; of course, the problem is simple--going around and not restraining your beastial nature is a guaranteed way to end up out of control! But I digress. Does the fact that God allows evil things to happen mean that He is evil? Well, are all programmers maliciously evil just because they don't shield us from the evil things that happen when we play rts'? :tongue:

Q. But programmers design the evil things in the game!
A. Yes they do...and?

Q. Then that means that our existence is predestined [determined beforehand]
A. Bjarne Stroustruppe, the guy who created all of the major computer languages (ie C, C+, C++) had this to say in his book Programming Principles and Practice Using C++, page 24
"An essential part of writing a good program is to understand the needs of the users and the constraints that those needs place on the implementation (ie the code)."
Think about it; if MPOTU (Master Programmer of the Universe) created everything and had already decided the "ultimate destiny" of everything in advance, then we wouldn't have free will. A bad program is one that forces the user to do the things that the programmer wants the user to do (or a game that forces you to do certain things like some of those pixel hunting, really strict graphical text adventures some of us used to play and hate with a passion). A good program (or game) provides the user with the liberty of doing things the way the user wants. We can see quite plainly that God forces no one to do His bidding; look at the thousands of people in the world today who curse Him every day and go around hurting others (and the Bible even says that God holds their breath in His hands!) Because God is all wise, good, and MPOTU, He gives them time and chance to change and repent.

Q. How can we know that God exists?
A.
Good software is invisible. You can't see it, feel it, weigh it, or knock on it. Software is a collection of programs running on some computer. Sometimes, we can see the computer. Often, we can see only something that contains the computer such as a telephone, a camera, a bread maker, a car, or a wind turbine. We can see what that software does. We can be annoyed or hurt if it doesn't do what it is supposed to do...[computers] are 'small parts' embedded in the kind of equipment we use...[a] car has nothing that looks like a computer [but] its engine contains quite a few computers, doing things like fuel injection control and temperature monitoring..."
Look at the world around you and how it functions; even though a lot of bad things happen on our tiny little planet, it's still a place where we can live, move around in, and be content and happy in, despite the circumstances.

:arrow: Q. If this is all true, then why do you think that your way is the only way?
A. There's a very old game called Sid Meier's Colonization; ever played it? It's really nice. I also like Empire Earth for the same reason I like Colonization--and that is because even though you can do a thousand different things a thousand different ways, there is only one primary goal for you to achieve in order to win the game. In order to win the game, you have to survive ALL the epochs from the Prehistoric Epoch to the futuristic sci fi world (at least, I THINK that is the goal of EE if you decide to play it all the way through). In somewhat the same way, there is only one way to get your relationship with God restored and after its restored, if you keep your faith until the end, you will be rewarded.

...Kinda like getting your name written in the High Score book that pops up at the end of your campaign or game in Civilization.

8)
Rubikon:
Command & Conquer started going down hill after they went to 3D

Matous Vales:
Games started going down hill after they started using graphics.

I WANT MY TEXT ADVENTURES BACK!

msl86:
BRING BACK TEXT FPS!!!

bosshaft
Intermediate Member

Post by bosshaft »

Arntzen wrote:Since this topic kinda was mention in another thread, and it's quite an interesting topic I wanted to get it started for full on here with it's own thread.

Are you religious? Why? Why not?
Does god exist? Why? Why not?

I'm not gonna start out saying a whole lot but I'll leave you with this:
Jimmy Carr wrote:If we’re all God’s children, what’s so special about Jesus?
el hamdulilah, i am muslim.
yes god (allah) exist
jesus is a prophet in islam

to all no religious guys
Be honest:
imagine u sit in a plane, the plane is suddenly on the way to crash.
Whats one of the first things u do? Yes u are going to pray
Deal with it

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

bosshaft wrote: to all no religious guys
Be honest:
imagine u sit in a plane, the plane is suddenly on the way to crash.
Whats one of the first things u do? Yes u are going to pray
Deal with it
This may be hard for you to believe especially since u're american, but I have never ever prayed, nor do I think I ever will. I wish for things etc but that's really not praying. When in your deepest core really don't believe in anything supernatural it doesn't make any sense to pray. And I have not been brought up to pray, nor is anyone around me really religious.
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

eeralf_
Nemesis

Post by eeralf_ »

lol, all bullshit, science see Atoms, or quarks, man, what matter is god?, they all say he exist, but never see him or any can proof him?, sry, it's a brain mistake, hahahahhaha

eeralf_
Nemesis

Post by eeralf_ »

oh forgot: reli is waste of time or?, ok, sometimes help for unkowing peeps, so i love my ee

eeralf_
Nemesis

Post by eeralf_ »

eeralf_ wrote:lol, all bullshit, science see Atoms, or quarks, man, what matter is god?, they all say he exist, but never see him or any can proof him?, sry, it's a brain mistake, hahahahhaha

ok all romes have god's, all greeks's also, and later come monetheismus, hahaha, = Dictatur = Hitler, sry, no one can do best, we are all, sry

bosshaft
Intermediate Member

Post by bosshaft »

seriously u drink to much Oettinger, get a Job and stop wasting your time here

eeralf_
Nemesis

Post by eeralf_ »

bosshaft wrote:seriously u drink to much Oettinger, get a Job and stop wasting your time here
u never get it, u never will get it, and u never cant get it, and also u havent get it for all time

eeralf_
Nemesis

Post by eeralf_ »

and u are wrong , i drink Bitburger, hahahaha, maybe u Oettinger, before iam of Topic, think about this, a x build a universe, hahahaha, and the x have so many rights, cuz can buld a univers, why he build a People like bosshaft, hahahahahahahaha, sry a mistake

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Are you religious: No, why not: My brain is capable of thinking, I don't need a god / priest / Jehovah Witness to do it for me.

Does god exist: I don't know. It's not proven he is, but it's not proven he isn't. Therefore I can't know. However, I do not believe he exists.

PS All religions are crap, especially the Islam. (Islam is about peace right? Why are they blowing up each other?)
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Return to “The Basement”