Politics: Obama vs Romney

For all the off-topic discussion, nonsense, spam, or whatever you want to call it. Post it all down here. WARNING: Entrance may result in drop of IQ.
P-51
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Xfire: p51p51
Lobby Username: «•FRMB•»P-51

Re: Politics: Obama vs Romney

Post by P-51 »

Fuck Obamney

eeralf_
Nemesis
Lobby Username: eeralf

Post by eeralf_ »

P-51 wrote:Fuck Obamney
yeah P-51, now iam be little assured , Navy doest get many new ships, ahahaha

like Obama said, we live 21th century, so we havnt muskettes

Prost!! hope Obama doest break his friendly line

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

nuff said...
Attachments
409201_10151336317022835_875435727_n.jpg
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

P-51

Post by P-51 »

I can assure you based on experience, the Obama supporters in Connecticut are most often poorly informed people.

Educated =/= Intelligent

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

A lot of college degrees are arts degrees. Based on personal experience, people who have arts degrees or are pursuing arts degrees tend to hold social issues higher than economic issues and they vote Democrat because of it. I've met a lot of stupid people with college degrees in all fields. If you said that a college degree makes you a better or more qualified voter, I would disagree. Again, this is all based on experience and indeed could be considered fallacious if I said it was fact that applied to everyone. Which brings me to my next point...

Nemo, your "statistic" is made up of several fallacies, most notably http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denying_the_antecedent and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasty_generalization

I could come up with at least a dozen different fallacious reasons why people blindly voted for Obama.

As I previously said, I think that right now economic issues are more important, especially now. I hold liberal social views, but over time social views will become more liberal regardless of who is elected to any government seat. I voted Romney because I believed he could push policies that would prevent deficit spending (going over budget, increasing debt). Regardless of how crazy stupid his social views are, the people would never have for it and any change that would make social policy more conservative would easily get defeated.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

P-51

Post by P-51 »

Definitely. When we are moving towards another economic depression people shouldn't care about abortion, gay marriage, or funding programs like education and health care that the federal government isn't supposed to be involved with anyway.

It really amazes me how many people refused to vote for Gary Johnson even though they knew he was the best candidate in this election. If everyone who shares his views actually voted for him, he would have easily gotten the 5% of the vote that would allow the Libertarian Party to qualify for permanent "major party" status.

But I guess in America voting for change means maintaining the status quo.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Gary Johnson's platform was pretty good, no doubt. BUT the GOP knows it has to change its game and over time they will adapt some of the views that Libertarians hold now. I didn't vote Libertarian because I wanted an immediate change in economic policy and a vote for Romney was the better bet. Going into it I knew the election would be close, so I didn't want to sacrifice my vote "for the greater good." Romney still sucks though... I really wanted to see Ron Paul out there.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

P-51

Post by P-51 »

If the Republicans knew what was good for them they would have had Ron Paul run. Romney is too similar to Obama. His economic policies may have been slightly better but would have still done nothing to help us. I did go with Republicans on a local level but for the Senate and President I had to vote Libertarian because they tend to have the best platform. The only way to get real change is to vote for other parties because the Democratic and Republican Parties are almost exactly the same now. If Johnson got that 5% he needed it would have changed American politics forever. "Lesser of two evils" politics will only prolong the suffering.

AnonymousMadScriber
Basic Member
Lobby Username: AnonymousMadScriber

Post by AnonymousMadScriber »

AnonymousMadScriber
Basic Member
Lobby Username: AnonymousMadScriber

Post by AnonymousMadScriber »

Romney own's the voting machine company that they are using. The votes are collected and tallied outside of the U.S.A. on foreign soil. We need something NEW, this old act FAILS !

Here's something new for considerations.Imagehttp://www.scribd.com/doc/119649945/OPP ... on-Rev-3-3Check it out, it's worth a look.

eeralf_
Nemesis
Lobby Username: eeralf

Post by eeralf_ »

usa spend so many money on fuck polical fight, hahaha and some die on hungry, grrrrrrrr, stop it, also the shit weapons, they never learn, ok, we dont must learn we die next 50 years, but the Kid's?, ok, it's........

Return to “The Basement”