Ligaset World Series (fictional)

For all the off-topic discussion, nonsense, spam, or whatever you want to call it. Post it all down here. WARNING: Entrance may result in drop of IQ.
Samuel
Lobby Username: _[eC]_SamueL_

Ligaset World Series (fictional)

Post by Samuel »

How many times have we found ourselves wondering about what would have happened if some of the greatest players had faced each other when at their peak?
I have, and I am therefore going to organize a (fictional) tournament where those players are going to compete.

TOURNAMENT RULES
1_ This tournament is entirely fictional, and will respect my personal view on each player's strength. Whilst I think I have got enough knowledge on each of the players (knowing what they will do at EVERY age), based on what I have seen, to make a judgement, I could obviously be wrong in results. Remember, it is fictional.
2_ The list of players (posted of below) will be inserted into binarybeast, and the drawing will be random.
3_ Matches will be at least a best of 3. Every game will be set at a particular age, decided randomly by Empire Earth (I'm going to let EE's single player decide each game's age).
4_ Some players are, in my judgement, better at some ages and worse in others, so making EE decide the age randomly might add some elements of unpredictability.
5_ Every game will provide a brief description of what could happen, as well as the age it takes place in.
6_ I am not going to include myself in the tournament.
7_ Since I am biased towards him (and consider him to be the best), I am not going to include _[eC]_KrasS_ in the tournament.
8_ As personally fictional as this is, I really have no idea on who's going to win it, and I am going to have fun discovering it.

List of participants:
_[eC]_Arntzen_
_[eC]_DavE_
MysT
_[eC]_Goldeneye_
_ViE_ras_
iB Splinter
_Wolvy_
_[eC]_Gurke_
_[eC]_KirAc_
_[eC]_Nafrayu_
_GoodGame_
_ViE_BE_ (2012)
[-Ts-] SKULLS
BGC
NW_Jaguar
Ws_nem

Brackets:
https://binarybeast.com/x1611090

Samuel

Re: Ligaset World Series (fictional)

Post by Samuel »

_[eC]_Goldeneye_ vs _ViE_BE_

Game 1: Prehistory.
Goldeneye starts with a considerably worse map. After two basic spear starts, the game goes for the long, and Goldeneye just barely manages to take it home upon reaching Copper Age.

Game 2: WW1
Once again, Goldeneye has an inferior map. _ViE_BE_ goes for a forward 1 settlement doughboy rush, and Goldeneye has troubles defending also due to his lack of wood. Goldeneye resigns

Game 3: Industrial
_ViE_BE_ attempts a forward rush with austria. Goldeneye is lucky enough to have a lucky forage + gold + wood spot, and manages to barely stop the rush. He resists just enough to add infantry into the equation, and gets the win in a rather complicated game.

Final Result: _[eC]_Goldeneye 2 - 1 _ViE_BE_

TzarKosta
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: TzarKosta

Post by TzarKosta »

Interesting thought but you miss Elfanor 2002-2003 he was the best liga
player at the time and better then vie_be.
he won 20.000$ the official Sierra EE Championship at that time!

he was characterized by very high speed and uninterrupted raiding!
He did not let you breathe :oops: :shock:

The final would be Arntzen vs Elfanor
The Perfection player vs Perfect unit control and very fast player

and Elfanor would win!
Have played against both and my feeling tells me Elfanor would win!
sry arntzen :mrgreen:

we need a Time Machine :mrgreen:

TzarKosta
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: TzarKosta

Post by TzarKosta »

Or with other words
Arntzen is Bruce Lee of EE
and Elfanor is IP MAN of EE
:mrgreen: 8)

Samuel

Post by Samuel »

_[eC]_KirAc_ vs Ws_nem

Game 1: Middle Ages
Kirac goes for a no food start, whilst nem starts calmly by settling his forage. Kirac's rush seems to quick for nem to handle. Kirac wins.

Game 2: Stone Age
Both players seem to have a good map, although nem's is slightly superior. The game goes on for the long and nem wins just slightly thanks to a superior economy. Nem Wins.

Game 3: Imperial Age
Both start out as Spain, but Nem's map is just way superior. Hippos standing beside irons, ostrich by iron, as well as elephants. Kirac's overall bad map proves to be fatal for him. Nem wins.

Final Result: _[eC]_KirAc_ 1 - 2 Ws_nem

Samuel

Post by Samuel »

_GoodGame_ vs _[eC]_Gurke_

Game 1: Copper Age
Both have great maps with double iron + gold, though Gurke has elephants as well. Gurke wins this pretty comfortably by reaching bronze much more quickly.

Game 2: WW2
_GoodGame_ picks France, against Gurke's Great Britain. GoodGame's fantastic map allows him an early advantage that he quickly transforms into a win, as Gurke is too slow to mix planes after his start with marines.

Game 3: WW2
GoodGame's typical France strategy is well helped by a double gold spot. Gurke this time attempts a planes start with Great Britain. Game goes pretty equal for a while, until GoodGame manages to forward AA (bases are pretty close to each other), and barely takes it home. GoodGame wins.

Final Result: _GoodGame_ 2 - 1 _[eC]_Gurke_

Samuel

Post by Samuel »

Wolvy vs [-Ts-] SKULLS

Game 1: Renaissance
With both players playing Austria and starting stable, Wolvy wins this game in a convincing fashion by outboomin his opponent, and killing it with an f11 25 push with hero.

Game 2: Middle Ages
Wolvy's classical 2 settlement strategy allows him to hold off SKULLS' attempt for a quick attack with a 1 settlement strategy. Game goes on until f11 15, when Wolvy outmasses his opponent and closes the series with two comfortable wins.

Final Result: Wolvy 2 - 0 [-Ts-] SKULLS

Samuel

Post by Samuel »

_[eC]_Arntzen_ vs MysT

Game 1: Modern Age
Both players going for a calm plane start. However, Myst's map is completely unplayable with awful mines position and a complete lack of wood. He ends up losing an planes fight at around f11 12, and Arntzen finishes him with a marine push at around f11 16. Arntzen wins.

Game 2: Dark Ages.
Arntzen has a forage + gold + wood spot with a really open map. Myst has an unattackable gold + wood spot along with elephants. Both maps have got their special perks, however Arntzen's inability to attack Myst's map gives Myst the lead after some nasty eco killing. Soon enough, Arntzen finds himself behind with citizens, and persians count. Myst wins.

Game 3: Copper Age
Myst attempts a horsemen start with 2 settlement, and manages to run wild in Kazter's base with spears following him, and manages to snipe a couple of citizens. However, elephants and a quick aging up quickly give Arntzen's the advantage. In spite of Myst's attempt to add archers, as well as some efficient eco killing with horsemen, Arntzen's infantry's mass give him the win by f11 20, despite a totally ruined economy. Arntzen wins

Final Result: _[eC]_Arntzen_ 2 - 1 Myst

Samuel

Post by Samuel »

_[eC]_DavE_ vs NW_Jaguar

Game 1: Nano Age
Jaguar's planes start is not quick enough to surprise DavE's TC boom. After countering with planes, Dave adds infantry from 2 raxes, and manages to weaken Jaguar pretty easily. A second, decisive attack by f11 20 give Dave an easy victory.

Game 2: Digital Age
Jaguar attempts a 2 settlement AT start, against Dave's TC boom. Dave's bad map allows Jaguar to get some momentum, but no chance for him when Dave adds and masses infantry. After a single swift counterattack, Dave takes the win by f11 17.

Game Result: _[eC]_DavE_ 2 - 0 NW_Jaguar

Samuel

Post by Samuel »

BGC vs iB Splinter

Splinter's attempt to forward rush with Austria is well favoured by an iron + goats spot. BGC's 2 settlement can't possibly defend it. Splinter wins comfortably.

Game 2: WW1
Equal maps and elephants for both in game 2. Game goes on for a pretty good while, with BGC getting a small economical lead early in the game that gives him a victory as soon as he ages up to WW2 and attacks with hero and marines by f11 25. BGC wins.

Game 3: Dark Ages
Splinter's easily defendable gold + forage + wood spot, along with elephants might prove to be just what he needs when up in game 3 against the chinese. BGC seems to take the lead in spite of his map disadvantage, whilst Splinter's extra citizens due to his elephants allow him to play for a quick switch to chariots. After an extremely suffered game, Splinter's chariots prove to be just enough to barely take the win. Splinter wins.

Final Result: iB Splinter 2 - 1 BGC

Samuel

Post by Samuel »

_ViE_ras_ vs _[eC]_Nafrayu_

With both players going for a standard 2 settlement stable start, Nafrayu soon finds himself with some wood issues, in spite of having a double gold mine. Elephants in Ras' base give him an early economical advantage, and with some good confident play takes the game home before f11 15, due to Nafrayu being too late in mixing. Ras wins.

Game 2: Prehistoric Age
In a match with pretty equal maps, Ras decides to go for a TC start whilst Nafrayu goes for a 2 settlement spear starts. Ras eventually adds slingers at stone age, and with a gold + ostrichs just near his forage, manages to win the game as soon as he reaches copper, thanks to an earlier aging up and a superior economy. Ras wins.

Final Result: _ViE_ras_ 2 - 0 _[eC]_Nafrayu_

Samuel

Post by Samuel »

How is the outcome of a game decided?
I will post here what I take into account when making a decision.

Step 1: I start a Liga 1v1 game on Single Player, to determine the age.
Step 2: I take a look at both maps.
Step 3: Starts are decided depending on who the player is (since some players are known to use some strategies/civilizations)
Step 4: How good is the player's map in relation to the start he's doing? How does his start interact with that of his opponent?

Example:
Let's imagine a Dave vs Wolvy game. Dave often plays forward rax (almost 50% of the times in ages like industrial). Let's say Industrial Age comes up. I will flip a coin to decide whether Dave will forward rush or just play normally. Let's assume it's forward rax. I will then look at Dave's map to determine how effective his rush is going to be. Hunt by iron, for example, is going to increase Dave's chances for a successful rush. Then I look at Wolvy's map. I know Wolvy often plays a 2 settlement start. How defendable is his map, if forwarded? Maps that have got horrible mines will decrease Wolvy's chances to successfully hold off the rush. Maps like forage + wood + gold/iron are the ones that give the best chances. After taking all of that into account, I will look at the invidual ability of each player (for example, micro-management). A player with really good micro will have better chances to make his rush succeed/defend from the rush (taking into account, obviously, map perks and downsides for each player).

Step 5: Players individual skills are taken into account when determining how they will manage the mid/endgame from the position they have achieved with their starts.

Example:
Let's imagine the game goes forward and we reach the long game with one of the two players being slightly ahead. The better the long game of the player being behind is, the more chances he will have to equalize.
Of course I realize that it is al fictional and done for the fun of it. A lot of this really depends on map, and map here probably plays a bigger role than it would do in an actual game. Trying to adapt the players individual characteristics to the map is what, ultimately, determines the outcome of a game.

Step 6: In some rare cases where I judge the information I have not to be enough to determine a winner, I will simply re-roll the map.

Oldspice
Lobby Username: Oldspice Guy

Post by Oldspice »

Kaz and Dave enter a game together. 1v1 Liga. It is Rennaissance, and they are alone together.

Kaz scouts with a dog and Dave lures a hippo. Dave blushes as Kaz's dog scout stops nearby to watch his citizens mine the carcass near the capitol.

X3 "Kaz-san y-you're not supposed to scout me this early guuu" Dave exclaims.

Kaz begins typing furiously. "Sorry Dave-kun, your base is so cute!"

Dave is taken aback "Bahh! shuttup Kaz-san, you're embarassing me!"

Kaz sends a "^_^ lol" and he then macros like a fuck.

Armed with arabesques and cataphracts, he marches over to Dave's base. "Surprise!" He types. He giggles with joy as he gets mowed down with horse guns and Daves own arabesques.

"X3 guu! Kaz-kun-san-chan you always let me win like this xD" Dave is now blushing and he feels warm in his lonely dark room. a slight erection beginning to emerge. One would call it a "chub" at this point.

Dave sends his army over to kaz's base, but stops before going in for the kill.

"Dave-chin, why did you stop?" Kaz askes, ready for Dave to penetrate him (only metaphorically unfortunately).

"Kaz-sin-pun, it's just... I don't want to fight you..." Dave is lost for words.

"I know Dave-chip, I feel it too...".

The next 4 hours involve a massive city-builder where the two bask in each others company. They create stories for their differing cities. One involves two citizens from different families being torn apart. Another simulates the political discourse involved in deciding whether the world should allow nations to have Coliseums or not. They gradually evolve to modern society, where they simulate the march of women and their right to vote.

Eventually they create world peace and live in a futuristic Nano-age utopia where peace reigns.

In the dimness of his room, Dave is suddenly struck with morning sunlight peering over his mountain-dew and cheeto trash pile. Morning. Mum will scorn him soon since it is a school day. A dark feeling sinks in for Dave. "Kaz-kun, when will I see you again?".

Kaz seemed sad. "I don't know Dave-chan, Maybe... maybe tomorrow...".

"Guu I can't I'm going to nana's :("

Kaz typed so delicately the dorito pieces wedged between his keys barely moved. "My dear Dave, if destiny permits us to have another game like this again, it will be so. I am always online. Always and forever."

A tear rolls down Dave's cheeks and chins. They bid each other farewell and Kaz is declared victorious because Dave dropped first. Kaz did not even mind the scorn of the observers who just witnessed the gayest and most boring event to ever occur to them. Not even the election of their nazi president was enough to quench their anger.

The End...?

_DavE_
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: _[eC]_DavE_

Post by _DavE_ »

Not even the election of their nazi president was enough to quench their anger.
1) Who the fuck is Oldspice
2) You clearly don't know we're both from Europe

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

HAHA nice! I want more stories like these Oldspice.. Amazing stuff
Laughed at the Dave-kun, Kaz-san, Kaz-kun-san-chan.. lmao
Well done Sir! :thumbsupl:

And I agree with tool, this should all be in the basement so I moved it here.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Return to “The Basement”