Shut down the Server ?

For all the off-topic discussion, nonsense, spam, or whatever you want to call it. Post it all down here. WARNING: Entrance may result in drop of IQ.
Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Re: Shut down the Server ?

Post by Arntzen »

Arntzen wrote:FYI: 9 citizens on mines is stupid
Let me refrase. 9 citizens on mines will change the whole game. I DON'T WANT TO CHANGE THE WHOLE GAME. To test this will take about 100 hours. Because of this, I think it's a stupid idea.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

herik
Momma's boy
Lobby Username: herik

Post by herik »

I can tell u right now, I'm glad that you found a way to get serria back up, but if your planning to change something, no old school player is going to return. As I said, it's best to leave it as it was in 2007, where every1 knew wat was up, its much harder for a old school skilled player to play a game that has changed so much, then a non-skilled player to except the patch change, (They have experienced many patch changes).

I'm sorry omega I ain't getting at you here, but I think we all know the huge mistake of moorish cav, and then non tributes. This is just an example of when some1 fiddles around with game, all old school players left. And the ones that did stay get pissed at the newbs that don't know how to play, and then newbs are forced to leave game. So seriously dont mess the game up man, You'll be a hero if u get it back up, but a faggot if u change the game.

herik
Momma's boy

Post by herik »

Arntzen wrote:
Arntzen wrote:FYI: 9 citizens on mines is stupid
Let me refrase. 9 citizens on mines will change the whole game. I DON'T WANT TO CHANGE THE WHOLE GAME. To test this will take about 100 hours. Because of this, I think it's a stupid idea.
Why do you want any of the game to change?

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

some of the changes what i seen on aplha patches are stupid e.g. liga ww1 someone who aint smart will make doughboys but the person who is smart will make the marines what cost the same what got added in and thats kinda gay. I dont mind cus i own at wing but i think its unbalanced.

Also they made x bows so cheap its crazy dunno why they done this but pro players can abuse the shit out of that.

Best person to ask about how to balance is omega he used too run test all the time and understands the whole game fully. Tributes will be good to have back and maybe the optional changes to higher population if people choose it.

But i think omega`s patch is best one and if you use that one but are able to put tributes and optional populations in then i think it will be fine because omega patch is only balanced one we have out of all the other patches
-NeW-: ey idiot
-NeW-: triki
-NeW-: no
-NeW-: stupid
-NeW-: u are syndrom down
-NeW-: and retardet
simple_faith Assassin was pretty great
Kazter:Assassin was shit.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

lol trix u suckup :)

The alpha patches and RC patches on GR all built on top of previous patches, Omega's 1.2. There were some changes in there that caused some changes to the game and OP units (zooks). The patch most people are happy with is probably the one with least changes to the units, but holds other OPTIONAL opportunities like bigger pop cap, more maps etc.

More generally about units changes, I don't think there should be alot at all. Just about the only one people can agree on is lowered HP on siege towers. It's hard to make any other improvements that wont change another set. Like increased attack on nukes makes good sense in pretty much anything but 60f11 islands. Moorish cav is a good example of a change people didn't like cause people don't want this unit to be one of the dominant ones. Was it OP? I don't think so, but it definitely would have changed the set, which people don't like. People are okay with longswords being OP cause thats how the set is u almost always go swords on wing. People don't like big changes, me neither.

Oh trix I don't think the lowered cost on x bows is OP or abused, they're merely a useful option unit now.
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

RealForce
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: RealForce

Post by RealForce »

Well,Changes happened about units in Alpha,i dont think i know about it ,i just saw trix said
about that of marine shit and dough..maybe it was done by mistake!
even you could see ,i did not mention that in units changes which means happened without
my knowledge..I made alpha 1.5 with changes required by Ras!! i think it was real EE
just increased the Anti cheating ,added many things! which may makes fun into the game!...Well ,i think it was mistake to do such thing of that Series of patches and (I don't think that Omega's patches better than alpha 1.5 if Alpha was as Sierra exactly without that mistake)
but i just by mistaken i may change that dough boy or marines...
The thing which i can not understand people are discussing details which are not yet discussed while there are many important things to be discussed...
Good Luck

herik
Momma's boy

Post by herik »

Captain Nemo wrote: Oh trix I don't think the lowered cost on x bows is OP or abused, they're merely a useful option unit now.
Wrong! please verse lav when he did xbow agasint me, stupid start in the world.

...Perhaps I didn't make myself clear trix, players don't want changes from 2007. But like nemo, i dont think any1 will care about seige towers, its just gay to make more then 2 in a battle, unless swords agianst xbow...

Real force, this is being discussed and it is important. Both patches yours and omegas were bad for the community, I really think u just need to be humble about it. Reason why discussing this is important, is that this will decide if old players will return to ee. You understand this? If you make a wrong move in patch, noobs all that are left. and what is it now nemo, 5 skilled palyers a day?

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

x bow start may now beat swords in 1v1 sometimes whats wrong with that? As I said it's an option. There are PLENTY of things that can beat an x bow start in 1v1, which I can't say about a swordstart. So what is really OP here? Are knights OP cause they beat swords in 1v1? Im also sure that had u gone x bows and lava swords he'd probably have won, cause the bottom line is he's a better player, and he can adapt very well. Don't feel bad btw he's really good lol.

Im of course assuming u went swords vs him.

RealForce
NeoEE Developer

Post by RealForce »

herik wrote:
Captain Nemo wrote: Oh trix I don't think the lowered cost on x bows is OP or abused, they're merely a useful option unit now.

...Perhaps I didn't make myself clear trix, players don't want changes from 2007. But like nemo, i dont think any1 will care about seige towers, its just gay to make more then 2 in a battle, unless swords agianst xbow...

Real force, this is being discussed and it is important. Both patches yours and omegas were bad for the community, I really think u just need to be humble about it. Reason why discussing this is important, is that this will decide if old players will return to ee. You understand this? If you make a wrong move in patch, noobs all that are left. and what is it now nemo, 5 skilled palyers a day?
Dude_Alpha 1.5 was made to make it exactly as old patch!!! +adding new feature..but that mistake of doughboys and marines happened without knowing it that i did it!,well ,you are not the one who is deciding if it is good or not,since EE got most players in gameranger while people using alpha patch 1.5..(Were many hosts more than 40 daily at a time)
True that EE in gr is used by mostly nooobs ,but this is not just from nowadays,this was since gr supported EE..and that patches for gr nooobs!! not for Lobby!

herik
Momma's boy

Post by herik »

Captain Nemo wrote:x bow start may now beat swords in 1v1 sometimes whats wrong with that? As I said it's an option. There are PLENTY of things that can beat an x bow start in 1v1, which I can't say about a swordstart. So what is really OP here? Are knights OP cause they beat swords in 1v1? Im also sure that had u gone x bows and lava swords he'd probably have won, cause the bottom line is he's a better player, and he can adapt very well. Don't feel bad btw he's really good lol.

Im of course assuming u went swords vs him.
Knights cost food, therefore (still bit of food too), there foreboom is not good, whats stopping from massing xbow? cheap xbow, gg. also u can easily convert to longbows which are of course cheaper to. xbow are fine without the cr, windmill showed me strat long ago, WITH NORMAL PRICE, xbow are just stupid now. And i'm sure you would b pissed about xbow just as much as me, if u vsed lav and saw the difference.

herik
Momma's boy

Post by herik »

RealForce wrote:
herik wrote:

Dude_Alpha 1.5 was made to make it exactly as old patch!!! +adding new feature..but that mistake of doughboys and marines happened without knowing it that i did it!,well ,you are not the one who is deciding if it is good or not,since EE got most players in gameranger while people using alpha patch 1.5..(Were many hosts more than 40 daily at a time)
True that EE in gr is used by mostly nooobs ,but this is not just from nowadays,this was since gr supported EE..and that patches for gr nooobs!! not for Lobby!
Well your going have to get over it bud and accept that we are combining community. And lol, you want a medal? only reason people use gr was because of hosting and u can cheat without getting banned properly. (make another account). Your argument is invalid bud. Old players are what have kept this game alive, not new players, therefore there say is over yours.
As for it like old ee, thats a lie, u have new units if i remember? hippos kill cits easy on easy. xbow.. (all i can remember since i havent played gr for long time)

RealForce
NeoEE Developer

Post by RealForce »

!! well i am not here for ur trolling (herik).annoyying
Last edited by RealForce on Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

herik
Momma's boy

Post by herik »

What do you the lobby has been doing it for? LOL seriously you think any1 of us gets paid? f me dead.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

Herik I don't think alot of old players will be coming back no matter what. The future is definitely in 3rd world countries and not in america/germany as the traditional EE countries. People from "our world" have moved on to newer games. As much as I'd like old players returning I fear it will only be for a short visit, since if u really want to play EE it's actually very easy today aswell.

herik
Momma's boy

Post by herik »

i agree on some level with u nemo, so how bout this? you guys can do w/e u want to eec, just leave aoc as it was? thats the only old players i care about coming back.

Return to “The Basement”