EE-AOC reload time bug

Only for talk specifically about the Art of Conquest expansion.
_CR_
Forum Noob

EE-AOC reload time bug

Post by _CR_ »

hello everyone!
I recently tried to install the game on my new windows 8 computer, after some problems I managed to get it work (setting the compatibility to windows 7), but I have a problem: nearly always all the units have no reload time! some units like the artillery don't have to reload (that's really destructive) other like the citizens doesn't shot at all. I already had a similar problem with my ptrevious XP computer but it happened very rarely and only with the bombard.
Sometimes it works but it's maybe one time on a thousand....
the normal game works fine but it would be nice if also the expansions works.
thanks in advance for your answers

_CR_
Forum Noob

Re: EE-AOC reload time bug

Post by _CR_ »

any ideas?
it's a known bug or it happens only to me?

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

1. If you're using a torrent, please download EE unlimited and do step 2, but by using EE unlimited.
2. Uninstall, delete the Sierra folder and then reinstall (this fixes like 99,9% of the problems).
3. Try compatibility of win xp service pack 3.

The bombard bug happens to everyone. It only happens due to minor lagg, and once the bug has happened the bombard wont shoot again.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Kazter wrote:1. If you're using a torrent, please download EE unlimited and do step 2, but by using EE unlimited.
2. Uninstall, delete the Sierra folder and then reinstall (this fixes like 99,9% of the problems).
3. Try compatibility of win xp service pack 3.

The bombard bug happens to everyone. It only happens due to minor lagg, and once the bug has happened the bombard wont shoot again.
It will shoot after f11 ~ 10-20 minutes. (depends how long it has been shooting for lol.)
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

_CR_
Forum Noob

Post by _CR_ »

I discovered the problem happens only if there is a world pop mod (like 5000 world pop or 13200 world pop). If I remove that aoc works fine (the normal ee works fine also with the mod).
I tried reinstalling all but nothing changed, I tried to use windows xp sp3 compatibility but there's the same problem (and also that the screen freezes after some seconds, that's why i'm using windows 7 compatibility). I also tried changing the video settings but the problem persists. If nobody has a solution I'll simply use the normal EE or aoc with the classic 1200 population limit...

thinking that lowering the world pop limit would have made the game work I tried modding the mod so I created a 2400 world pop mod but it didn't work :cry: . If someone is interested I also made a 65500 world pop mod... :mrgreen:

EDIT: ah, I'm using an original CD from a gold edition pack (actually the aoc CD is a copy of my original cd 'cause it has broken some years ago)

Return to “EE: AoC Discussion”