Priest towers ....

Only for talk specifically about the Art of Conquest expansion.
Draco
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: Ðracø™

Priest towers ....

Post by Draco »

How do you defend against them ? Build temples every where ?

This was middle sh btw.

I played a 2v1 against " James1" and "Sam4u " and Sam went priest towers

I lasted 69 m f11, but my trebz with range bonus and tc spamming for sight enhancement failed in the long run onces his pt's / trebz got closer.

I should of had iron & or gold Eco bonus... But by time my armies were getting taking away and spent res, the gather rate wasn't good enough to keep up.

Jus seeing if there is a easy " effincant " way of making them less troublesome.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Re: Priest towers ....

Post by Arntzen »

Build Universities everywhere. Also Trebuchet's own Priest-towers.
Another thing, if you know your enemy is going for PT's you can always get Conversion Resistance in civilization for 50% more resistance.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

Haha wow!

Priest towers, as they currently exist, are balanced for pre games. They weren't especially good in middle before, although if established could be annoying, but now you shoudln't have any troubles crushing PTs in middle.

My suggestion is as soon as you know they're PTs, you just mad zerg with everything you have, and if its still early game, the PT guy will have been steamrolled.

Draco
Advanced Member

Post by Draco »

Ahhhh universities !!!! I was wondering why my temples weren't doing anything ;)... Everyday I get re taught something I once new... Wow...

But it was a fun game however :)

I use to allways 2v1. Not to pros one pro and a moderate players, would win some and lose some but the satisfaction of winning a 2v1 never the less is priceless :)

Jus trying to spice things up here !!!

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

a common strat i use2 do if i was sword slutting was save up most of my swords for about 8f11 and rush hes base most games u win outright, if u don't u should have crippled them. with ca the same deal applys but u don't build 1 or 2 of ur towers. this stone is used for an early uni forward in their base 1 of 2 things will happen, 1. they are forced to build early rams and trebs (alot sooner then they would like to) 2. this should put them on the defensive allowing u the time needed to gather the right resources to counter priest towers + rams + trebs.
i use2 almost always have siege range in civ for 2 points its really useful in these situations.
since you know their using pts, rarely will they transition into anything other then trebs, rams and mid/late game prophets so you should try and deny their mining gold mines with ur army forwarded inside a uni range.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

taco wrote:a common strat i use2 do if i was sword slutting was save up most of my swords for about 8f11 and rush hes base most games u win outright, if u don't u should have crippled them. with ca the same deal applys but u don't build 1 or 2 of ur towers. this stone is used for an early uni forward in their base 1 of 2 things will happen, 1. they are forced to build early rams and trebs (alot sooner then they would like to) 2. this should put them on the defensive allowing u the time needed to gather the right resources to counter priest towers + rams + trebs.
i use2 almost always have siege range in civ for 2 points its really useful in these situations.
since you know their using pts, rarely will they transition into anything other then trebs, rams and mid/late game prophets so you should try and deny their mining gold mines with ur army forwarded inside a uni range.
PT players like to treb/xbow mix.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

thinking of stopping an f11 8 push from a sword rusher with pt+xbow mix is just stupid
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Draco
Advanced Member

Post by Draco »

Problem is I didn't did out he was using priest towers til like 15 f11 lol .... So my civ was for ca only

MacroMicroMonster
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: MacroMicroMonster

Post by MacroMicroMonster »

Always scout to see what he's going. Either with your first two ca or a dog. That way you can switch to treb play.

Wizo
Advanced Member

Post by Wizo »

DRACO wrote:Problem is I didn't did out he was using priest towers til like 15 f11 lol .... So my civ was for ca only
I'd say that's the problem. Never let your opponents base untouched for 15 f11. Especially if its AoC Mid.
"Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof
We all must meet our moment of truth"

Return to “EE: AoC Discussion”