Can this be done?

Only for talk specifically about the Art of Conquest expansion.
sporaTiK
Intermediate Member

Can this be done?

Post by sporaTiK »

I know this can be done b/c I just did it but 'Samsung' thinks it's impossible, so I just wanted him to hear how easy it is from the community...

Is it possible (in Mid sh-standard high) to get 18 swords in 4 f11 with expansionism in your civ? I did this easily in a 1v1 verse him while also building towers and grabbing hunt, etc. I also didn't even have Building-BTD in my civ. I'm pretty sure you could even get 20-23 if you're really focusing on army only and have building BTD.

Please help me prove that Samsung is a complete idiot.

Thanks,

SporA_

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Re: Can this be done?

Post by Omega »

You can have 18 by 3 f11 with a standard sword rush civ (no exp), and this would translate to 24 at 4 f11 as per sword build time.

You can definitely get 18 by 4 f11 with an expansionism sword civ, given the above, as long as you don't use a bad start or make cuts for expansionism that seriously reduce your ability to produce swords.

Then again, most players who play expansionism swords never get close to 18 swords by 4 f11. I'd estimate it's closer to 9... Which is pitiful. And then they wonder why they get run over in 5 f11 by a standard sword rush...

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

Lol spora, why did u even bother posting this? It's kinda obvious he's wrong, just say: "-,-" and move on. When ur owning ppl they gonna think u cheated anyways! :-)
Omega wrote:Then again, most players who play expansionism swords never get close to 18 swords by 4 f11. I'd estimate it's closer to 9... Which is pitiful. And then they wonder why they get run over in 5 f11 by a standard sword rush...
I like to minimize my swordproduction to the absolute needed cuz I'm greedy and want to maximize my citizenproduction. (Kinda the reason for going expan in the first place) but I'm more at like 12ish at 4f11.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Elite
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: Elite

Post by Elite »

18 in 4 without sword BTD? As it is you need to do everything perfect with your start to even approach 18 in 3 with a rush civ. You'd need a 2 iron start and pretty much perfect play to do it.

sporaTiK
Intermediate Member

Post by sporaTiK »

I'm talking about civ with expansionism and sword-btd. It's def possible b/c i've done it repeatedly... just needed some others to back me up b/c this kid doesn't believe it.

To Kaz: I normally wouldn't care and move on but since he was only one hosting mid all day and was kicking me b/c i "cheat", I kinda want him to see he is incorrect.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

sporaTiK wrote:I'm talking about civ with expansionism and sword-btd. It's def possible b/c i've done it repeatedly... just needed some others to back me up b/c this kid doesn't believe it.

To Kaz: I normally wouldn't care and move on but since he was only one hosting mid all day and was kicking me b/c i "cheat", I kinda want him to see he is incorrect.
Samsung probably isn't reading the forums, so might aswell link him to this page and tell him how wrong he is. Imo he's just kicking you because he can't beat you. (he did that to me and others for a while aswell.)

By the way, can you post your expand civ with sword btd :)? I would like to test it, since I haven't used a simulair civ ever lol.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

Elite wrote:18 in 4 without sword BTD? As it is you need to do everything perfect with your start to even approach 18 in 3 with a rush civ. You'd need a 2 iron start and pretty much perfect play to do it.
Not really. You mean u gotta do perfect play to do this AND get a proper eco, defend and attack properly at same time. In that case it is harder but simply massing out 18 in 3 isn't so hard all u need to do is max ur iron gather at 2 mines, get fast barracks and make a few manual dropoffs. Thats it. I don't normally do it this way cause I'd rather have some upgrades on my swords and I'd rather do a little less iron gather and get some more food in. Still get 15 in 3 every time tho.
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

sporaTiK
Intermediate Member

Post by sporaTiK »

Pretty straight forward civ but if u play it like a normal slut you can do very well. It is like a fast slut/turtle with emphasis at the start on full slut.

My Civ:
Expansionism
Hunting & Foraging
Buildings- CR
Swords- CR, BTD, ATK, HP, SPD

Thanks all for your inputs!
sporA_

eeralf_
Nemesis
Lobby Username: eeralf

Post by eeralf_ »

Elite wrote:18 in 4 without sword BTD? As it is you need to do everything perfect with your start to even approach 18 in 3 with a rush civ. You'd need a 2 iron start and pretty much perfect play to do it.
u speak the right, 18 never work in each game, its random, some times only 14, cuz fuck iron fields or so, or totaly drunk then need 1 minute see the iron fields (most me), np, i dont want record, i want fun, but 18 is posible on right map

lol, Btw see the Strategy Threads, hahaha, here i post, no dust on the keyboard or mouse dont have leaks, hahaha this is my most problem except alcohol

Ralf

Elite
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: Elite

Post by Elite »

Yes Nemo I mean in a real game situation getting 18 in 3 is not realistic, 15 is alot more realistic. 18 in 4 with BTD is obviously possible, I was just curious because people don't usually use BTD in exp. civs. I have the same civ as spora except farming instead of foraging.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

18 f11 3 sounds hard. Dno if I would get that when I play my best, but I allways uppgrade attack after I'm building the secound wave of swords, and speed right after. I do get 15 grens in f11 3 tho.

I allways have BTD in sword expan so I dont need to get 3 rax right away. Even my 4power sword expan civ has BTD. IMO BTD>ATK on swordcivs.

Also spora use H&F insted of farm cuz he plays it kinda like a slutciv. :-)
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

well I just did a quick test in single player and got 18 in 2:55. I was slowing a bit down towards the end due to lack of iron, so an iron tribute would make it easier. Anyway it's not something u'd normally do in a game, it was pretty tight with the manual dropoffs.

P-51
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Xfire: p51p51
Lobby Username: «•FRMB•»P-51

Post by P-51 »

I can get 9 swords out in 3 minutes.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Captain Nemo wrote:well I just did a quick test in single player and got 18 in 2:55. I was slowing a bit down towards the end due to lack of iron, so an iron tribute would make it easier. Anyway it's not something u'd normally do in a game, it was pretty tight with the manual dropoffs.
I force feed every game :P, pretty sure most grenplayers do it aswell.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

yeah but in the end I was doing it for every barrack lol. couldn't get 72, so barracks were out of normal order then. I normally only dropoff in the first few f11 with swords, after that Im busy with other stuff. Same for grenwar, tho that might be more of a laziness issue

Return to “EE: AoC Discussion”