Mine Walling

Only for talk specifically about the Art of Conquest expansion.
lightnessking.
Nemesis

Re: Mine Walling

Post by lightnessking. »

And walling a good player is definately possible, it's just the way how you do it. And no I'm not going to explain you how to tower someone's base.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

AEnima
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: AEnema

Post by AEnima »

Le sigh.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

lightnessking wrote:@ghost, not every house at mine walling comes in morale area, therefore making the/some house(s) useless. (Unless you use expandionism in civ, but even then you can't place 6 houses in capitol range so instead of having 60% morale you'll have a spreaded morale.)
I've never played a Pre SH game where I've built ONLY 6 houses in my base. Spending the extra 42 wood and 34 stone, or whatever it is, is an excellent trade off for walling off a small area in a game where walls aren't available for another 2 epochs. If you need to add more houses around your cap because you don't have 6 bars yet, then just do it... there's always a good spot
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Elite
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: Elite

Post by Elite »

Part of the appeal of pre-space/nano is the contest of army control/conservation with clubs in the first 2 epochs - "clubbing" in a word. Properly done mine walling basically makes club massing pointless. You can't raid a good player that does this, its that simple. You don't even need to block off every resource spot, just protect your irons and mass a huge blob of clubs at your food so attacking it is suicide. If two opposing players do this with clubs it just becomes a pure massing contest because there's no way to raid them without a HUGE numbers advantage. This is a 10 year old game, we're not playing for money or fame, this idea that you need to take the shortest route to victory in every game is absurd when you consider it takes 10-15 minutes on average just to START a team game. Show off your big dick dog/prophet rush or mine walling skills in 1v1's, don't run team games with that nonsense. I stopped playing this great game because so many of the players are just fucking morons.

Elite
Advanced Member

Post by Elite »

Also I laughed when I read the rock throwers bit.

AEnima
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: AEnema

Post by AEnima »

You're a godsend Elite. Saying you've been a knowledgeable and rationale voice in this topic would be an understatement. And yes, people don't really understand how to have any form of integrity in games these days.

Jack1st
Novice Member

Post by Jack1st »

Elite come bk!We need some good pre players.

PS: if u wanna use rockthrowers u need to mass them and u need civ upgrades for them. otherwise they wont help you.

Elite
Advanced Member

Post by Elite »

Rock throwers still fail against a good club masser with +2 shock armor, I've found this out the hard way. That +2 makes a huge difference. The idea of making rock throwers on a club civ to harass mines is absurd for so many reasons I'm not gonna bother listing them all. Its just a question of efficiency.

Return to “EE: AoC Discussion”