-

Only for talk specifically about the Art of Conquest expansion.
Manni
Lobby Username: Manni

-

Post by Manni »

-
Last edited by Manni on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elmer Fud
Novice Member
Lobby Username: «{Co}» Elmer Fud

Re: Pre to Stone Age

Post by Elmer Fud »

I do not particular care for this setting, as I much prefer beging able to advance through all epochs. But Manni asked me to post a strategy and well, I'm a nice guy! So If I play, I'll do one of a few different strategies. 1. I might use my normal Pre to Space civ that has Both attack and range on towers, with expansion, all club upgrades, cit speed and health, profet cost reduction and hunt forage and use normal pre to space tactics which include rushing enemy killing as many cits as possible, massing clubs and gathering stone for forward building. However, the limitation of not being able to advance to copper age and make farms, makes me want to use a Cloaking Civ and for this I have two differnt cloaking civs I use. 2-3. The first cloaking civ is for Agnostic Jedi's Tiny FFA X-Map, which I do not care to play but will when I get bored...:-) It has Cloaking, Hunt Forage, Stone Mining, Building Range, Attack, and Hit Points, Cit Speed, Priest Cost Reduction Range and Hit points, and Seige Weapons rate of fire. Cloaking to hide my cits when clubs spears or sampsons come in range, quick to stone mines; as many as I find in my initial scout. if I only find one stone mine then I go for that one and pop it quickly to make town center for even faster stone gathering rate put 6 on stone. Hopefully I get a stone gold combo, if not I put 6 on the closest gold mine as well. Drop a temple at start and make two priests, so they are out and charging to convert the enemies clubs when they come in. Cloaking helps but smart players fake a rush and then come back when cloaking ends so the added protection of priests is quite helpfull, along with the Tower attack and range as two hits kill a club with only one health upgrade. Massing about 10 priests I go for enemy hunt with forward towers and priests, securing enemy hunt at start is key in being successfull in this setting as hunt is limited and key to survival. If you can manage hunt properly and micro your cits so they do not kill all of one species then you can play in stone age for a long time, long enough to mass sampsons that have faster fire rate and are upgraded as you gather resources, you can manage to forward build temples towers and make a Capital near enemy base... Then it's pretty much over for the enemy if you protect your temples and forward Capital as you can cloak thier base when you rush with your sampsons priests and profet. The other cloaking civ is pretty much the same but with spears instead of priests. I find that hte priests are more effective than the spears as that priest civ has building hit points, which makes my towers temples and capitals very difficult to destroy.
I personally think that priest towers should be banned from this setting as time allows them to be massed and if you can't get to copper age to make university then it's pretty much GG.
I recommend you try the Cloaking Civ with Priests and upgraded towers... it's highly effective. I do have a counter civ for this as there is a counter for every encounter. :-)

Past
Novice Member
Lobby Username: Past

Post by Past »

I generally just destroy and kill everything I come across. It works for me.

Manni

Post by Manni »

Cloaking
Imagine you would wake up in Prehistoric Age somewhere in the jungle. You are no good fighter.
First, you make your civ which contains 1.) buildings: range and healthpoints 2.) siege: fire speed and attack 3.) stone mining 4.) spears.
When you build your base within the deep forest, make towers out of trees by placing stone throwers on trees. Choose a place where your thrower has some sight range. Take as much stone mines as you find immediately in order to produce much munition for your dudes.
As soon as your watchers see a club, he shouts loudly and all hide. Your cits have clothes who are very helpful for that. If you want to, make 2 holy men who might make some attackers join your village.
Now try to develop new technologies: spearmen, log-porting-men. Soon, you should have displayed the pickaxe. Make spearmen now and try to get an strategic convenient place. Place towers there. Together with spearmen it is no problem to hold that if you have build on a mountain and have mountain fighting in your civilization. Try to advance constantly. When you think there is a place where it`s worth it, found a capitol there. The men in the capitols have the function of clerks who organise the perfect camouflage.
Make samsons now and attack camouflaged. Your fire speed and attack can destroy towers and maybe houses fast enough before the enemy realizes that there are bushes, trees and hippos attacking their buildings. Go back before they can catch you and quake + storm the area.

Grades (1 best, 6 worst)
Against towers: 1 Your enemy can`t tower rush you cause you kill him while he detects you too late. For a tower war, you have quite much stones and stable towers with high range. If he goes hardcore towering after a while, you already have samsons and spears for club counter.
Against clubs: 1 Much towers and maybe holy men will protect you for the cases where your camouflage doesn`t help. Later, you have a good counter with your spears. Strong towers combined with spears make it impossible for him to outmass you.
Against holy men + samsons: 2 Your stone throwers will crush their heads while your spear-fighters slam off their log-porters. Though if the enemi tribe does good, you can loose land. Your camouflage can help you win time. Try to advance before he advances to your base.
Against hard rush: 2 Your camouflage gives u enough time to put up enough towers and houses. Make a temple soon to be protected against a medicineman.
Against pathfinding: 2 Place towers also in deep forest areas if you realize that your enemy goes pathfinding.
Against spears + slingers: 3 His spears won`t kill your towers cause they are strong and he won`t be that much faster to outmass you that much that your tree sitters will be caught. But if his spearmen are assisted by slingers some days later, he can hit you quite much. Try to advance slowly by several capitols.
Counter! Against rock throwers Counter! : 5 Use an extra capitol as defense and try to win time by placing much stone throwers in trees. A medicineman education needs time and only helps if he has no support by the Gods.
Last edited by Manni on Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oldspice
Lobby Username: Oldspice Guy

Post by Oldspice »

It's like playing a lesser p2s!

Manni

Clubs fanatism

Post by Manni »

Clubs fanatism
You are a hard clubber? Clubs fanatism is something for the malest of us. It gives you a plus of 50 % attack but you loose 30 % healthpoints forever. The fanatism status takes about 30 seconds f11. Then you can go fana again immediately. From your(maximal) left 70 % healthpoints only another 21 % will disappear with the second time. So clubs with few hp left still can cause some damage. You see, this ability is something for real men who don`t wait at home cause they are afraid but try to enter the enemies base often. They don`t care loosing some of their energy as long as the enemy takes enough damage. He sacrifices himself for the tribe. If you are a tribe with such an attitude, this is your thing.
These are your bonusses: fanatism; infantry-swords: attack, healthpoints, speed, costs; cits speed + healthpoints.
Don`t go fanatic before you are near the cits cause if they can run away on time, your units lost 30 percent hp for nearly nothing. If you meet clubs, don`t go fana cause either the enemy runs away and u wasted hp or -if he has more clubs- he outmasses you. This is possible despite of the better fighting value of your men cause 1.) yours mostly come from an attack and are weakened both by hits and earlier fana and 2.) If units have much attack and few hp the one with more clubs wins easier cause ur strong-attack-clubs are dead soon when he diriges his clubs in a smart way.
Some fanatic clubs in your base make the attackers keep away or let them at least run away or die. Don`t hesitate to go fana with some clubs in your defense. The loss of hp is worth it.
If your enemy is dumb enough to tower such an heroic tribe as yours, kill either his temple or his towers when your army is big enough. With fana, you have an advantage. If it is possible, ignore his towers and kill his eco. In this way your clubs are often better used.
I don`t have to say much cause real men know what is to do so I give a résumé: Go fana and fight bravely if it`s useful and retreat for waiting for strenghtening if you would waste.

Against clubs: 2 Kill his cits faster than he does yours which should be easy if your enemy isn`t much better. If he can build things near yours, either ignore it or mass clubs and then attack with fana as soon as your army will be big enough.
Against spears: 2 You have good chances to pull your enemy down before he has spears - assumed you attack as much as you can and don`t go fana before you have reached his cits. Maybe try to get his hunt or 2nd iron before he is strong enough to defend it. If you have stone mining + tower ups in your civ also, this makes that easier. Don`t stop massing. The enemi spearmen are not hard to kill and he has a weaker eco than you. If you fight against spears, take care that you have 40 % moral.
Against hard rush: 2 Scout the enemi teammate`s base if you are rushed hard by your enemy. If he could make pro, prefer temple to houses. Otherwise, the other way round. With your strong cits and fana clubs, you should be able to leave early game well.
Against slingers: 1 The enemy has no chance if you are his main enemy. If it is the ally, kill with fana if they have no good speed and without fana if they have much speed and tower support. You don`t need moral to win if they are not more than yours and havent much support. If he goes another 1 or 2 units, he can`t mass them that much that they are dangerous - if you keep attacking.
Against rock throwers: 2 Ignore the rockers at start and kill cits only. If you have some clubs, you also can attack a little army of him in his base. After this, he should be dead. If his ally does rockers, have pro and delete temple - if you are sure to have success- or mass very much. But the best is to stop them from advancing before they can build a base near yours. This shouldn`t be too hard. If you have your enemy down you can storm the ally`s base. He should be dead then cause his rockers are mostly out.
Against priests: 2 Gay men have no chance against real men. If he has 20 priests on the battlefield and you 20 clubs, he will convert about 5 of yours before you have killed his first line and you will loose another 5 by converts and killing his converted clubs. So he looses 20 priests and you loose 10 clubs. He lost 400 food and 800 gold, you lost 240 food and 240 iron. To succeed, he must not have moral. Try to avoid under all circumstances to fight him when he is in a moral area. If he isn`t assisted by an ally, he shouldn`t come to a dangerous place. If he masses priests he isn`t able to assist much with samsons, spearmen, slingers. If he co-recruits clubs, you should have down him fast cause he gets too few clubs to fight you in an acceptable way. If you know someone going gay often don`t hesitate to put anti-convert in your civ. You really don`t have to do his gayness to yourself!
Against towers: 2 If you realize that he is towering, scout out far. So he won`t be able to tower you at start. Don`t attack his base for a short while after the start rush until you have 15 clubs or so to attack. Then you should be successful. If he walls mines, kill all free again and again. It might be possible in this case that you can get his hunt and mass fast enough to destroy his base later or -if needed- go stone age for samsons. Samsons are strong men so that goes with your heroic style. Make sure he doesn`t expand secretly if you can do something against it without inadequate losses. Keep walking in his base for that reason. If he manages to tower near your base: In some cases it is better to kill temple and quake than destroying his towers but don`t do it generally. If you aren`t sure to succeed with quaking, better kill the towers. Only attack towers if he has no hp up. Otherwise - if you can`t hit his eco much anymore- go stone for samsons. Take care for stone mines out of bases. A few stone throwers can solve that issue if he mine walled them.

Return to “EE: AoC Discussion”