My opinion on good Mid-players

Only for talk specifically about the Art of Conquest expansion.
Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

My opinion on good Mid-players

Post by Arntzen »

Active (more or less) people who give me a good run for the money in Middle Ages Aoc

Lavanger: Is lavanger.. He just came back, played 2 games and started owning all.
Nafrayu: Very tallented player. Good swordmicro. Also watch out for his "P0wn" civ, the civname
doesnt lie :)
LacRimoSa: Experienced player who know every trick in the book.
Thor: Very good and intellegent player. Up with the very best. Very good Expan sword player.
Zeke: Good allset-player. Also kicks ass in Mid Aoc
AbsoLuteLy: Up with the best, awesome 1v1 and awesome swords in teamgames.
Pope of Dope: Dont let this guy boom. Also very strong in sword vs sword.

People with a close but genneral lower skill-lvl, obviously still pretty badass:

NEVEX
Dusk
Eisregen
Yankee
White fang
Mythos
Hello

This is just my list over todays Middleplayers. I'm sure if people like Krass, BONES, Elite, Kurt,
Texas Ranger, Taco, Omega, Seizmic, (only to name a few) came back to aoc and started playing, they would easly make this list.
Also if you didnt make this list and are good, then I havent noticed you (yet). Hopefully we will play some games and the compititon will grow.
Hopefully this will get some discussion going :)

Arntzen/Kazter
Last edited by Arntzen on Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

LacRimoSa
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] LacRimoSa

Re: My opinion on good Mid-players

Post by LacRimoSa »

I would say that dusk is better than thor, or atleast just as good. And you somehow underrated Eisregen. He might not be the fastest sw rush player, but overal he's really good. For sure better than Absolutely. The problem is, he does many of these weird strats, like long bow start, and therefore he gets underestimated often.

Also lavanger.. well to be honest I haven't played many games vs him, but I remember killing him with a sword rush rather easy.
Ye pope of dope is the typical eec player, extremely fast and good sword micro. But I never noticed that his boom is that outstanding. Good but not outstanding.
His boom vs you, in the tourney game was good, but considering that you never attacked him and he could stop building army for like f11 20 it wasn't that surprising.

Ye and Nafraya, well some say he's rly good, others say he's just decent.. For me he's a rly good cav player and in general good enough to own me from time to time ;) But I never noticed his good swordmicro.. but that might just be my fault.

LacRi

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

nafrayu has a good sword micro imo, and yes dusk is better than thor in any tactic in my opinion. What lacri said that eisregen is underestimated because of the weird strategies is also 100% true haha :- P. Why is pope with a B font on top and why don't I see the name Cliffy?
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

And when kurt came back for a few days he wasn't really that good, instead he kicked everyone who was better than him because he didn't know anyone :- P.

LacRimoSa
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] LacRimoSa

Post by LacRimoSa »

lightnessking wrote:and why don't I see the name Cliffy?
bc he can easily be defeated with a sword rush.. And I don't think that his booming abilities are that outstanding

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Well in the games with dusk and thor I've allways found thor to be the better player. In teamgames I find that thor is more effective with his army, also boss around others to make his team win the game.

As for underrateing Eisregen, I dont really see how I did that. He got on this list and is right under Dusk. He is a good player no doubt, also he can a very good game with a (lets be honest) bad civ.
But i dont think he's better than abso simply by the fact that abso play a more serious game while Eis play more for fun than anyone else on this server. Abso will give enemies more pressure than Eis, while eis like to expan boom, and when this boom is finished 1 or more on his team are very hurt.

As for lavanger, I'm haveing a hard time imagine beating him easy with any civilization. I played him 11 mid eec 1v1's 2 or 3 days ago. And lost 11-1. The time I won was me cav vs him knight. To me it was almost like he did a perfect swordstart, and a very good cavstart. But i'd like to see him vs Krass/Goldy/BONES. Might change my mind.

I'm not sure how many games u've seen Pope play, but he is a very good P2N boomer and have brought that with him to middle. Both expan vs expan or slut vs slut I have to focus alot to keep up with him. And im not saying this because of 1 tourny game with no agression :)

I say Nafraya is really good, and i've noticed his swordmicro all the times i've had to fight 6-7 groups of 2-4 swords in my base at same time as fighting his big army in middle of map. Then again this might only be my opinion/me playing bad, but ye. I find his swords, both exp and slut, pretty good.
Last edited by Arntzen on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

lightnessking wrote:And when kurt came back for a few days he wasn't really that good, instead he kicked everyone who was better than him because he didn't know anyone :- P.
After a 6mouths (or more?) most ppl are bad.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Hmm fair enough, altho I don't see how you can play 11-1 with 11 games :roll:

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

10-1 hehe

TheProblem
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: The Problem

Post by TheProblem »

Makes me miss the old days even more. I still remember a lot of the old school mid sh players...surprisingly.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Cool! Get back and get the party started! :D

Hello0
Lobby Username: GoG_hΣ||øØ

Post by Hello0 »

EIs & fang own everyone >.>
I am sweet.

snupi
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: ugug

Post by snupi »

Why didn't you mention ilena? She plays pretty good if she plays serious but tends to have fun in a game.
By the way, Mid is quite a noob set due to the gambling effect. One normally only focus on 1-2 units, and if your enemy is massing the counter-unit you will probably lose even if you are the better player.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

snupi wrote:Why didn't you mention ilena? She plays pretty good if she plays serious but tends to have fun in a game.
By the way, Mid is quite a noob set due to the gambling effect. One normally only focus on 1-2 units, and if your enemy is massing the counter-unit you will probably lose even if you are the better player.

Yea..... What about uhm... No?

1) Ilena (you) isn't a good player.
2) Mid is not a gambling effect, you can always swap units.
3) You're not a female, if you are, you're a shemale.

Hello0
Lobby Username: GoG_hΣ||øØ

Post by Hello0 »

Totally agree to Lighty lol..

Btw..Hello0 should be listed on 1st place..not at last >.>
I am sweet.

Return to “EE: AoC Discussion”