Slut Rushing

Only for talk specifically about the Art of Conquest expansion.
kurt
Novice Member

Re: Slut Rushing

Post by kurt »

This entire thread is laughable, almost makes me want to come back for a few games when I get back from Afghanistan.

rome
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Rome

Post by rome »

12 in 2!

White Fang

Post by White Fang »

They had no idea HOW to deal with any kind of rush strategy, as they instantly assumed anyone who played rush was a noob and couldn't make an economy. It was about 3 months before I think they even noticed I didn't use Metallurgy to rush them, because that's when the 'OMG NOOB META RUSHER' comments stopped.
wait what when did you start playing mid sh aoc? mustve missed all your games :( also its nearly funny how badly you rate aoc mid players
"TŖĪÇĦŐΜĔҗ ҜąžŤєř җ: fang's the most sexy offer"

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

a good knight boom can easy beat two no expan player

I agree, if the two no expansionism players are extremely bad at the game. Otherwise, that's bullshit.

1) You didn't say what the non-expansionism players were. If one or both of them are CA, the knight player is automatically dead.
Something to disagree on, no one is automatically dead, and knights can beat cavs (just the way how to micro)
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

well light usually the better player will win, but equally skilled, the cavs will beat knights in a 1v1, although I am a big fan of knight/siege in 1v1.
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

White Fang wrote:
They had no idea HOW to deal with any kind of rush strategy, as they instantly assumed anyone who played rush was a noob and couldn't make an economy. It was about 3 months before I think they even noticed I didn't use Metallurgy to rush them, because that's when the 'OMG NOOB META RUSHER' comments stopped.
wait what when did you start playing mid sh aoc? mustve missed all your games :( also its nearly funny how badly you rate aoc mid players
I started playing mid sh on AoC years and years ago. Please keep in mind that in the snippet you quoted, I was only talking about the same time period Taco was referencing in his post (well, one of them that I was replying to), which was when a lot of EEC players (esp. mid players) came over to AoC. I'm also not saying the players from AoC were bad overall, either, just they were comparatively bad because they were essentially oblivious to the power of rushing and good teamwork. If you took a team of EEC players who could mop the floor with a team of AoC players from that time, and forced the EEC players to play in the same was as the AoC players (basically zero teamwork, excessive booming to the detriment of actually having units that kill things or keep you from dying to a rush, following silly unstated rules like attacking another player while they are away is wrong), the game would be pretty much even.
lightnessking wrote:
a good knight boom can easy beat two no expan player

I agree, if the two no expansionism players are extremely bad at the game. Otherwise, that's bullshit.

1) You didn't say what the non-expansionism players were. If one or both of them are CA, the knight player is automatically dead.
Something to disagree on, no one is automatically dead, and knights can beat cavs (just the way how to micro)
OK, so maybe not "automatically", but that's a minor exaggeration for the point to sink in anyway. Under any reasonable and realistic circumstances, if one or both of them is CA the knight player will die. Plus, since we're talking about a pure 1v2 situation and it's been qualified the 2 aren't bad, "automatically" really isn't much of an exaggeration anyway.

The only circumstances where the two do not win are unrealistic or unreasonable to assume. They pretty much include being too stupid to attack at all or press any kind of advantage throughout the entire game, and other equally bad things. Or, they include things like "what if the two don't have any resources except for 2 trees and a stone mine!".

I'm not denying that knights can beat CA, but this pretty much only happens when the the skill gap between the two players is very large, and is in favor of the knight player. Plus, the CA player must be below a certain level of skill for it to even work in the first place (or just make TONS of really, really big mistakes repeatedly throughout the game), because if they're above a certain level of skill in a 1v1 situation they're just going to attack so aggressively and rabidly the knight player will get shut down. Once we factor in the fact Eis was talking about 1v2, the odds get even worse for the knight player...

P-51
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Xfire: p51p51
Lobby Username: «•FRMB•»P-51

Post by P-51 »

In short, if the player using cav archer doesn't suck there is no way that he will lose to knights.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

White Fang wrote:
old post taken out of context
If you understood how bad AoC Mid players were back then, then it actually would be funny.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

White Fang

Post by White Fang »

Ahh my bad I thought you meant the current AoC players. really seemed like you were bashing the other half of the community :lol:

edit: or err percentage of aoc mid player community
"TŖĪÇĦŐΜĔҗ ҜąžŤєř җ: fang's the most sexy offer"

_thor
Lobby Username: pM_Thor

Post by _thor »

Ghost wrote:
White Fang wrote:
old post taken out of context
If you understood how bad AoC Mid players were back then, then it actually would be funny.
get off wes' cock, too bad you never were a part of the old AOC in crowd, still burt hurt i see
pM - Legacy
{Sauerkraut>}I love you: boom or rush this is the uesatinoin , i love shakespearei

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Yeah, I'm so upset about never being "cool" on AoC because the "cool" kids all thought I was a cheater :cry: :cry: :cry:

I actually regret not sticking around long enough to see you guys get somewhat good at the game.

And if you knew anything about me, you'd know that Wes didn't teach me a single thing about SH and he sure as hell didn't teach me anything about AoC. I'm pretty sure if you looked at some of the people in the supposed "in" crowd, you'd easily see those who rode some major Wes cock. RoK was just as much my clan as it was his and Kai's, so I wasn't riding shit, however he and a few others weren't smart enough to know when to give it up.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

rome
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Rome

Post by rome »

People thought you were a cheater? I played mid sh almost exclusively for 3-4 years and don't remember you

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

i wish i can be a cheater.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

lol rome i dont remember you :P lol people moaning about rushing haha no comment :D
-NeW-: ey idiot
-NeW-: triki
-NeW-: no
-NeW-: stupid
-NeW-: u are syndrom down
-NeW-: and retardet
simple_faith Assassin was pretty great
Kazter:Assassin was shit.

ben55

Post by ben55 »

A lot of aoc players were really good @ middle. There was very little difference between the top 10% on eec and the top 10% on aoc in middle. I played very little with both, so I'm not biased towards one side.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

Return to “EE: AoC Discussion”