Slut Rushing

Only for talk specifically about the Art of Conquest expansion.
lightnessking.
Nemesis

Re: Slut Rushing

Post by lightnessking. »

So what's its like? I've seen some people, unknown for me. Maybe it's one of you :P?
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

It's not that I don't respect good aoc players. I can just tell the difference between medium good and expert. You'll find not find any experts playing mid sh on aoc regulary anymore. Expert aoc players are people like phobia, (modern player mainly ik, but he's expert) witchking/dave, most of the eC players, even seizmic and some of the other assholes though their attitude sucked imo.

Some mid players (like eis) rely on having a great knowledge of the age and can choose strange strategies that partly work. They "partly" work because they work really well on medium good players, but expert players would not allow such strategies to gain any power which is why it would fail in an expert game. And since thats what people rely on, they're not actually able to perform the "standard" strats at a level anywhere near experts and therefore they fail. Experts often do rely on having a good team because most often they go one unit expecting pocket/wing to make the other and if one of them fail they both fail. You don't really see much expert games anymore.

Reason for me calling eis noob is generally because in eec we see what his skill level really is. He cannot perform one strategy to the level of "good" in any sett basically so he must try to counter as good as he can, but without exp and powers he fails. It's not that I think his skill level is actually noobish though, he'd fall under the catagory of "medium" in mid sh, but because he believes he's super expert I just thought it'd make more sense to him then since he apparently automatically jumps his skill level up 2 levels. So when calling him noob he'll think ahh noob -> intermediate -> medium, instead of medium -> good -> expert.

I often see things like: if u want to concider yourself better than someone else you must be able to do what they do best, better. It's not that I don't like counters etc, but they'll only work to a some extend.

Wizo seems to have caught the point. When I first came to aoc there were some experts there and people like eis were concidered, well medium. They're gone now so medium is the new expert

Edit:
Because of some confusion in the lobby I got the feeling there are a few things I apparently haven't made clear. First we set some criterias for making the "expert skill level". An expert has to be familiar with all the strategies that even remotely work, and has to be able to perform these to perfection. He must be a good strategist, forsee the game know his opponents weakness and strong points. Of course should be able to micro well and make the right attacks at the right time the right place. This would of course rule me out as an expert as on aoc I can basically just do swordrush (slut), ca (slut) and expand + knight expand to a high level. However I can perform these strategies better than most other people I meet on aoc so I can only assume I'm at least not worse than them which means there cannot be any experts.
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

Eisregen
Lobby Username: Lycantropia

Post by Eisregen »

nemo i never say im a godlike expert like u and ur eec frinds the point is i have fun in aoc and i like play with some different civs i know most of them cant beat a "expert" sword rusher or ca rusher but i can beat with this civs "medium" players.
in old lobby my sword rush skill was much higher im much slower now but i dont try be the best now and play much 1vs1 and try beat better player i just play some funny games with frinds now
the skill level in aoc is lower then for 3 years that is true, and so i can use expan longbow civs/pillium/ore some interessting expan civs,i know expert players can beat this easy but its always funny use new civs and strats.
imo its not funny when u rush ur enemy down f11 10 and game is over and most wings in aoc are down fast if u sword slut them hardcore..
but thats not the reason why i like mid sh..
peace
xdfsddsvfdsvvadf

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

well okay I guess I've been left with the wrong impression of u then

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

lol ghost that was ownage! 25 sek said it all huh :P I play to hf though

Wizo
Advanced Member

Post by Wizo »

Yea, I agree with you Nemo.

Oh and taco: You're right abstract is playing again. Not sure if he'll leave us again tho.
And if you're getting back taco tell me you're current nick pls.
"Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof
We all must meet our moment of truth"

P-51
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Xfire: p51p51
Lobby Username: «•FRMB•»P-51

Post by P-51 »

Captain Nemo wrote:lol ghost that was ownage! 25 sek said it all huh :P I play to hf though

If that were true you wouldn't have such a "OMFGZ I R 1337 PWNZ0R" attitude.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

P-51 wrote:
Captain Nemo wrote:lol ghost that was ownage! 25 sek said it all huh :P I play to hf though

If that were true you wouldn't have such a "OMFGZ I R 1337 PWNZ0R" attitude.
I don't have such an attitude. Please do point it out if I have.

P-51
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Xfire: p51p51
Lobby Username: «•FRMB•»P-51

Post by P-51 »

Captain Nemo wrote:eis u're a noob all ur points are invalid. I don't know any good active aoc mid sh'ers anymore anyway.
Captain Nemo wrote:I know that poew doesn't demand much seriousness in this topic
Captain Nemo wrote:how mid dm players say mod has no micro since mid really doesn't have anything but massing army and running about.
Captain Nemo wrote:Before u can judge a sett u must be able to master it yourself, which quite frankly, none of u mid dm'ers can whereas we can all master ur sett.

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

</thread>
</pwned>
ggnore nemo
SlipKnoT wrote:swords are 30 u idiot.

Eisregen
Lobby Username: Lycantropia

Post by Eisregen »

its not his attitude he just take ee to serious.
xdfsddsvfdsvvadf

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

yet nemos content is still flawless. interesting how u few came to some conclusion that u won over him.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

Captain Nemo wrote:eis u're a noob all ur points are invalid. I don't know any good active aoc mid sh'ers anymore anyway.
Im not commenting on my own level at all. Im simply just rating eis and I explained in another post why it came out in the "noob" level
Captain Nemo wrote:I know that poew doesn't demand much seriousness in this topic
You read the topic opener? Did that sound serious to you? Does it demand serious posts to follow-up? no
Captain Nemo wrote:how mid dm players say mod has no micro since mid really doesn't have anything but massing army and running about.
Are u suggesting Im wrong there? Look at mid no rules for example. Probably most used strategy is longbow (x bow if needed) with catas. Catas run about while longbows fire, thats what I mean by running about. Again though, how am I being "omg i pwnzor" in this particular quote? I don't see where I rate myself
Captain Nemo wrote:Before u can judge a sett u must be able to master it yourself, which quite frankly, none of u mid dm'ers can whereas we can all master ur sett.
Idk if it's a language barrier or anything but when I say master I don't mean like be expert in the sett I just mean be able to play it at a decent level. And I reckon non of u can "master" mod dm, while I heard from both Omega and phobia they were quite capable of playing mid dm AND mod dm and this is the first time I include my own skills as I'd say I could do so too.
If you think thats somehow arrogant of me then thats your business.

On a site note I do know what you mean with my attitude though. I guess it's more in the direction of my way of talking that kind of says "hey I know more than you so Im right". Now I want you to take a look at these two topics we have been running lately. Take a look at who is on the "mid dm'ers" side and who is on the other. Mid dm'er side is quite unknown to me tbh. Other side u have Omega who probably has the biggest ee knowledge of all. Phobia who many concider the best mod tl player, and is a well respected allsett player. Ghost who also happens to be admin here and has played this game basically since it came out and plays all setts too (and of course respected allsetter). And lastly myself that also play most setts, and has been working more than a year banning cheaters (which is a job only given if u have good ee knowledge).

Now when I sounds like "I know more than you" it's not just some dumb assumption I make. It's because I ACTUALLY DO know more than u, since I played BOTH the setts discussed in the other topic. As for this topic all I did was to say eis was medium which he ended up agreeing with.

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

taco wrote:yet nemos content is still flawless. interesting how u few came to some conclusion that u won over him.
I'm not even following through the thread.
Not interested in reading essays.
SlipKnoT wrote:swords are 30 u idiot.

Return to “EE: AoC Discussion”