never realized how annoying...

Only for talk specifically about the Art of Conquest expansion.
P-51
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Xfire: p51p51
Lobby Username: «•FRMB•»P-51

Re: never realized how annoying...

Post by P-51 »

ben55 wrote:
P-51 wrote:That still does not make taking stuff out of the game the right thing to do. There is no reason why people can't just do the math and report eco glitchers like before. If people are too lazy to do elementary math and take a couple pictures then they deserve to be playing with glitchers. It does not justify ruining the game just to save a few people the time it takes to report the glitchers.
Complete ignorance. After about 25f11 it is near impossible to catch someone cheating(eco glitching) if they have a double digit IQ.
Thats bullshit I've seen plenty of people catch glitchers in long term games.

P-51

Post by P-51 »

The only way to stop this conversations is to redo the vote. Then if there is still a supermajority you'll prove that you can keep away the tribute screen but until then there isn't much of an argument against it.
Omega wrote: "the game lasted 10 years with reporting eco glitchers."

The game hasn't been out for 10 years.
Hahaha have you really never heard of somebody rounding up to the nearest ten? This is what I mean about you being a sarcastic asshole.

You still haven't explained why we can't report glitches like we did on the VUG forums. Stop picking apart every little sentence except for the ones that prove you wrong.

Zeus

Post by Zeus »

Lolll your a funny guy. You 'dissected' my post. Tell me, where in my post did i say i was stating facts? I think YOU assumed that.Everything i wrote and you quoted was in the form of a question. Everything with a period at the end was my opinon of the ruling. Have you ever read a piece of writing outside of a forum? Read a Newspaper. What other form is there for a writer to express his opinion other than stating how he feels? No where did i say any of this was factual. No where did i say this was a formal protest to the ruling where i would need facts to back up my stance.
I made a post in the DISCUSSION section of the forrums. In the post i stated my OPIONON of how annoying it was to ME. I said that it made no sense to ME. Where did i say it is annoying to every single player?
God forbid we actually had a DISCUSSION in the DISCUSSION section of the forums for once. A discussion consisting of peoples OPINONS, without you coming on here discrediting other peoples OPIONONS with Your own opinions. And then after you state your own OPINION you state facts that have nothing to do with the fact that im making an informal disscussion on a forrum(meant for informal disscussions), to discuss with people who feel the same way, or even like ak who feel differently and offer their opinions.
You Neither contributed to the discussion, nor stated an opinion without flaming someone else's. You took this as a personal attack on your ruling. I mentioned your name NOT once. You came here starting with ME. Are you sure you 'dissected' what i wrote? for someone who studied and quoted what i wrote so much you sure missed alot..and obviously your own personal hatred and defensive attitude brought you to think this was coming to you.
Maybe you thought it was in the request features section? or the appeal section? idk maybe you got lost man. But i've seen Highschoolers with A.D.D. disect frogs better than you dissected my post.
Your out of control. It was a discussion. YOUR the one who took it personal and started the flaming. Re read it. I was annoyed with the no tributes for ME. I never said i was annoyed with you. I did NOT call you out. YOU came here and addressed with your smart ass attitude being exact to my generalizations. My bad dude the games been out for 8 years. Fantas Crusaders was illegal by 2004 at the very least. so 6 years. My bad man. Next time i have a friendly discussion with the COMMUNITY, ill remember this isnt the discussion section..its just falsely labeled. Its really Omega's appeal court where a lawyer must be present, and all facts to the point or else do no post at all.
Make the subtopic of the forrum Opinions Not Welcome, or Not Recognized.
Go balls out on this one man. No matter how many citations you make to it fact remains it was opinion. Its my opinion that whatever you say to this is retarded..because your questioning my opinion with what is sure to be yours.
I think thatll do.

D55
Lobby Username: D55

Post by D55 »

Well as much as i would love to see the tribute screen back, i think if the game was left untouched the amount of cheaters would go up, mostly because of the fact its all direct connect now so anyone could make their name someone else and it would be pretty easy to frame people. I agree with you zeus that it takes a huge factor out of the game, and if there was a revote i most likely would vote to keep the tribute in there but right now its not in there, and we just have to come up with new team sratagies.

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

P-51, Zeus, are you guys really as stupid as you appear? Don't answer that, I don't want to know...
P-51 wrote:The only way to stop this conversations is to redo the vote. Then if there is still a supermajority you'll prove that you can keep away the tribute screen but until then there isn't much of an argument against it.
Do you realize how stupid/immature this sounds? You won't accept the first vote because you don't like the outcome... but you seem to be saying you'd accept a second vote... but I'm guessing that's conditional on you liking the outcome, again.

Either way, another vote will not happen unless enough people have actually changed their minds on the issue, in any direction. So far that number is very low. An extremely vocal, extremely tiny minority of people who for the most part were too stupid, lazy, or oblivious to vote really is not going to do anything about a revote.
P-51 wrote:Hahaha have you really never heard of somebody rounding up to the nearest ten? This is what I mean about you being a sarcastic asshole.
Get real or get a brain. If rounding to the nearest ten is acceptable then the game has been 10 years old ever since November 23rd of 2006, and will continue to be 10 years old until November 23rd of 2016 (on which, it will be 20 years old!).
P-51 wrote:You still haven't explained why we can't report glitches like we did on the VUG forums. Stop picking apart every little sentence except for the ones that prove you wrong.
Stop being willfully ignorant or get a brain.

The report abuse or cheaters forum exists. One can clearly report cheaters, and the mere ability to report cheaters is very obviously irrelevant to anything we're discussing. Thus, not only is your question stupid, it's stupid and misleading, especially because you've had it pointed out to you several times the issue is more proving cheaters, not the act of reporting them, and there are very obviously many issues with actually proving cheaters.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zeus wrote:Tell me, where in my post did i say i was stating facts? I think YOU assumed that.Everything i wrote and you quoted was in the form of a question. Everything with a period at the end was my opinon of the ruling.
1) One does not need to say they're stating facts to state facts. Example:
  • Bob: I drive a 2009 Honda Civic
    Bob: It is a fact I drive a 2009 Honda Civic
They're both functionally identical, and both factual statements. Facts don't even need to be explicitly stated in factual statements, as one can say ask, "Bob, why do you drive a 2009 Honda Civic?", et cetera. Facts can even be implied in certain contexts. It's apparent you don't even know what a fact is, which is sad.

2) Everything was a question, but you had one question mark (at the BEGINNING) and how many periods? Seriously? Get real.

3) Facts can be included in opinions, as support for them. However, "it was voted by forrum leaders" is certainly a direct factual statement. While it can be argued parts of what I addressed was not factual, at the very least it was transparent logical fallacies used in support of your opinion, which is just as bad as blatantly incorrect information.
Zeus wrote:Have you ever read a piece of writing outside of a forum? Read a Newspaper. What other form is there for a writer to express his opinion other than stating how he feels?
You apparently haven't ever read any decent opinion piece in a newspaper, or any other publication, because if you haven't noticed all the authors support their opinion with facts and reasoning. You are also apparently unaware of all the other forms of writing where one can express or support their own opinions...
Zeus wrote:I made a post in the DISCUSSION section of the forrums. In the post i stated my OPIONON of how annoying it was to ME. I said that it made no sense to ME. Where did i say it is annoying to every single player?
Go-go blatant fallacy! I never claimed, or even suggested anything about you saying or suggesting it was annoying to every single player, or even any other players, infact, I haven't thus addressed that in this thread yet AT ALL.

I don't know how, but somehow you apparently can't separate facts from opinions from statements from questions, nor can you realize that someone can disagree with certain parts of what you're saying or CORRECT INACCURATE THINGS YOU ARE SAYING, yet agree with other things you say/not comment on them/et cetera.

For example, I'll 100% agree that the removal of the ability to tribute is, at times, quite annoying. I'd even go as far as saying it's likely a good majority of players feels the same way at some point in time.

As for the rest of your post, it's not even coherent enough to bother addressing.

Zeus

Post by Zeus »

I typed out a 3 page reply to you, and it got erased when i went to post. Theres no way im retyping it lol. Im pretty mad. But the just of it was you didnt 'decifer' what proved you wrong. You ignored anythign that wouldnt make you seem like a tough guy.
umm Ill summarize most of it. Dont question my intelligence you dumb ignorant fuck. Anytime you want to compare brain patterns message me ill be more than happy, and ill leave you more than satisfied.
Your the dumbest person on this forrums because of your ignorance. It blinds you. No matter what though, your right dude.
Your a moderator for a forums for a game that died, and is ROUGHLY 10 years old. Get over yourself.
It disgusts me that in a few years ill be risking my life to protect little fucking faggots like you.
^^ ban me for flaming you. I dont give a fuck loser. My other post would of made my brief stated points seem alot more convincing but whatever. I dont need to change the tone of a discussion like you. Fact remains I posted in a discussion to ahve a friendly discussion. You came here changing the topic flaming me, and questioning my intelligence. I idle you.
Last edited by Zeus on Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

D55
Lobby Username: D55

Post by D55 »

just to let you know zeus the game came out in 2001, but u omega and p 51 should just let it go. Nothing anyone says on here will change anything, you can say how shitty no tribute is all you want it wont matter nothing will change, and omega can disagree with you all he wants and you will just get pist more, but this is starting to get really stupid, this hole topic should just be locked and no more replys

Zeus

Post by Zeus »

yeah nah ur right i was down to drop it 5 posts ago. its one thing for him to disagree, its another for him to try and go in on me, and to even dare to question my intelligence. Like he even knows a thing about me. He wasnt disagreeing, he uses the tactic of insulting your opponents credibility first before stating opinions. Its good for debates, which is what he turned a discussion page into.
Whatever though like i said im done.

P-51

Post by P-51 »

Omega wrote:
Do you realize how stupid/immature this sounds? You won't accept the first vote because you don't like the outcome... but you seem to be saying you'd accept a second vote... but I'm guessing that's conditional on you liking the outcome, again.
Times change kid. We happen to not like the way the first vote was carried out and if the we revoted and the supermajority still decided to get rid of tributes, we would accept it.
Omega wrote:Either way, another vote will not happen unless enough people have actually changed their minds on the issue, in any direction. So far that number is very low. An extremely vocal, extremely tiny minority of people who for the most part were too stupid, lazy, or oblivious to vote really is not going to do anything about a revote.
This is not the first time this issue has been requested. If you actually gave a shit about the game you're in control of you would consider it. I guess since you never actually play it doesn't effect you though.
Omega wrote:Get real or get a brain. If rounding to the nearest ten is acceptable then the game has been 10 years old ever since November 23rd of 2006, and will continue to be 10 years old until November 23rd of 2016 (on which, it will be 20 years old!).
You get a fucking brain. He was one year off and making a big deal out of that instead of the topic at hand is proving that you have no real substance in this argument.
Omega wrote:The report abuse or cheaters forum exists. One can clearly report cheaters, and the mere ability to report cheaters is very obviously irrelevant to anything we're discussing. Thus, not only is your question stupid, it's stupid and misleading, especially because you've had it pointed out to you several times the issue is more proving cheaters, not the act of reporting them, and there are very obviously many issues with actually proving cheaters.
It shouldn't be our problem that people are too stupid/lazy/oblivious to learn how to do math and prove somebody did an eco glitch. I don't think this justifies the deletion of the tribute screen.

ben55

Post by ben55 »

P-51 wrote:
ben55 wrote:
P-51 wrote:That still does not make taking stuff out of the game the right thing to do. There is no reason why people can't just do the math and report eco glitchers like before. If people are too lazy to do elementary math and take a couple pictures then they deserve to be playing with glitchers. It does not justify ruining the game just to save a few people the time it takes to report the glitchers.
Complete ignorance. After about 25f11 it is near impossible to catch someone cheating(eco glitching) if they have a double digit IQ.
Thats bullshit I've seen plenty of people catch glitchers in long term games.
Reading didn't produce your best scores in school I guess. It is easy to catch stupid ones no matter what, and if you know anything about society there are more dumb people than smart people. This thread is a prime example of it.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

Zeus

Post by Zeus »

^^ But you and Omega have stated over and over again that we are in minority. That the MAJORITY voted for the trib to be removed, and a minor, vocal, minority remains? So then accroding to your post YOU are all dumb. And the minoryity (all those who disagree) Are Smart. CLEARLY you didn't do well in reading either. Thanks though.

ben55

Post by ben55 »

I hope you are trolling you can't be this stupid, but I will entertain you; If you look at the data from the patch results most people were dumb, stupid or ignorant regarding what the removal of the tribute screen did. Since the majority of the people answered what it did wrong(112 wrong to 27 right I believe I only looked at it once a long time ago). After the second vote and the revelation of what it did(stop cheating) the vote shifted drastically in favor of removing the tribute screen. There was only 36% in favor of removing it in the first vote then it went to 67% at least in the final vote. So yes the majority of the vote was stupid or dumb, until they were informed on what it did.

Also please take this suggestion to heart Zeus, go read the Patch section it may help your arguments or it may not, but at least you won't be making things up out of thin air and taking things out of context.

Zeus

Post by Zeus »

You have to be mentally retarded.
Once again i'll inform you to READ. Scroll up ^^ thats what i was talking about. Re-read this conversation. I am quoting you idiots. Omega Tells us that we are but a minority...over and over again. According to your rule (^^), The minority is smart, and the majority is dumb. You gave no variations. You get it? I was using your horribly placed attempt at trying to finish of P-51 against you. (haha! i get it Zeus!) I took what you all have STATED in THIS thread and applied it to your 'flawless' rule of thumb. I thoughbt it was funny because you literally went against everythign you said on this thread with that post you made at P-51. It was a joke on you, not about 2 votes, which you brought up randomly to try and save your ass cause you got dedded. It was never in your conversation so dont even pretend thats what you meant it towards.

Now as for your last post, which is the icing on the fucking cake. Now that you have brought up the fact that it took 2 tries for you to pass the vote? That is the funniest part about all of this if that is tue. So wait Omega, After the first vote...you werent satisfied? You asked for a second? How imature/stupid of you. . And then according to Ben, it went to 67% after all that. And you took that and ran apparently. What a landslide? Now i get why you wouldn't want a revote...you may not be satisified with the outcome. (OMG GET IT! LOOK 5ish posts up that is exactly what Omega told p-51! hahah Zeus!)
And notice how all of those are questions. I don't know if thats true, im taking bens post on it. So i dont wanna hear a wise as remark if its not completely fact for fact and may vary a little.

ben55

Post by ben55 »

They did the second one because obviously people had no clue what they were voting for. After they had a clue they voted again. Is that hard to understand? How are you using my words against me? It is true there are more people that are dumb or uneducated on the Earth. I used your example to prove the point. I didn't say every vote taken on Earth the majority is dumb you did. I said that in society those rules apply which is true there are more dumb people on the Earth than there are smart, but not every dumb or smart people get to vote, but that there are more dumb people than smart people. You didn't understand the analogy. How does that make me dumb?

P-51

Post by P-51 »

ben55 wrote:
Reading didn't produce your best scores in school I guess. It is easy to catch stupid ones no matter what, and if you know anything about society there are more dumb people than smart people. This thread is a prime example of it.

Its funny because you think using insults rather than saying something relevant to the conversation actually makes you right. You are outnumbered and have no support for your own argument, get over it.

Return to “EE: AoC Discussion”