pop cap challenge reborn 10f11 middle sh!

Only for talk specifically about the Art of Conquest expansion.
ben55

Re: pop cap challenge reborn 10f11 middle sh!

Post by ben55 »

first try.. accidentally did a normal start sorta even made 4 towers lol

prob could get higher with a more tc spam start

used kazter civ btw
Attachments
calol.jpg
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

BigRon
Lobby Username: BigRon

Post by BigRon »

what the hell am i doin wrong lol

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

well I tried now too, and without much succes but did get 207 after a few attempts. sadly tho I messed up my ss by pressing f3 instead and then it was suddenly 10:20 and ss pointless. Had perfect map I should say but in my 2 attempts I couldn't hit those 214 zeke got. had problems getting enough archery ranges.. :( another round of ca which was pretty close would have brought me up to 221, but they came in like 10:06 or something. too bad.
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

I might try this tomorrow. Might be fun.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

ben55 wrote:first try.. accidentally did a normal start sorta even made 4 towers lol

prob could get higher with a more tc spam start

used kazter civ btw
Bout time someone stepped up the game. I'll try again when I come home. imo 230+ should be possible if not more.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Omega
Administrator

Post by Omega »

2nd attempt, now I'm bored. I did lose 1 CA vs the computer, but didn't bother taking a screenshot of the stats.
EE000.jpg

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

That screen actually proves it rofl. GJ! 219 it is.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

BigRon

Post by BigRon »

Looks fake to me. Its not possible. I tried so much already, so many different strats and you can't tell me you get that much after 2. attempt AND Im not a bad AoC player.

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

BigRon wrote:Looks fake to me. Its not possible. I tried so much already, so many different strats and you can't tell me you get that much after 2. attempt AND Im not a bad AoC player.
maybe you should try competing in mod instead of mid :) just untill u feel skilled enough to play with the big boys :wink:

BigRon

Post by BigRon »

taco wrote:
BigRon wrote:Looks fake to me. Its not possible. I tried so much already, so many different strats and you can't tell me you get that much after 2. attempt AND Im not a bad AoC player.
maybe you should try competing in mod instead of mid :) just untill u feel skilled enough to play with the big boys :wink:
taco wrote:i am not even going to attempt to beat this, my best is a about 170ish, using the same ca + cits idea..
taco wrote:my best is a about 170ish
taco wrote:about 170ish
taco wrote:170ish

The only one I could believe in here is Kazter, 211 with big luck but everything above = impossible

I have this map here, 4 gold, double hunt and still not able to reach 200 so don't tell me it's possible with 2. attempt.

Omega
Administrator

Post by Omega »

So basically, 3 players got 200+ pop. You don't think it's possible.

Except you think that 211 is possible, even though that's over the 200 mark which you think is impossible, but only due to luck. Even though the only kind of luck that wouldn't be reproducible between the 3 players is *ONLY* the map, and the maps of all 3 players who got 200+ pop weren't actually remarkable in any way at all, they were just average.

That would of course mean the only kind of luck that could matter would be regarding the start. Which of course is a kind of "luck" that if it were actually lucky, would be 100% reproducible by anyone... Which would mean that luck wasn't the only way it could be done. Thus, it wouldn't be impossible, nor would it be possible only due to luck. It'd just be possible due to skill.

Could you explain your position on whether or not it's possible a bit better? Because it doesn't make sense at all.

eeralf_
Nemesis
Lobby Username: eeralf

Post by eeralf_ »

Omega wrote:2nd attempt, now I'm bored. I did lose 1 CA vs the computer, but didn't bother taking a screenshot of the stats.
EE000.jpg
omQ, damn Omega, what civ u used? gg, lol, and realy why u attack?, in easy game only one barbarian comes

hmm

BigRon

Post by BigRon »

After having a map with 5 close gold and a billion of attempts i finally broke the 200 mark. Im slowly getting what Ive done wrong the whole time...

Omega
Administrator

Post by Omega »

The best tip I can give you is don't pretend like a pop cap race is a real game, because it isn't.

The only kind of skills from the real game that matter in a pop cap race are your ability to execute a build order, and your ability to know what's what regarding the game. Playing to win, like you'd play in a real game, won't help you. Throw out your preconceptions regarding what's a good and what's not.

You don't want a sustainable economy. You just want an economy that can produce the maximum amount of CA and Citizens before 10 f11. If around the 9-ish mark you start making decisions that would stall your future production past 10 f11, but will help you in the short term, those are GOOD decisions. The same idea goes for when you start out. Don't start like you would in a real game, because that's not the best way to do things if your only goal is high population.

---

Ralf, I used the same civ that Kazter posted, which is also the same civ that Zeke used.

I attacked the computer because I felt like it. There were annoying periods where I just wasn't doing anything of value in my base. So I decided I'd attack, to make the annoying periods where I wasn't doing anything go away.

BigRon

Post by BigRon »

I can reach the 190-200 mark now every game but it takes alot of concentration to follow the exact build order. A bit too slow with selecting tcs in beginning can already fuck me up. :/

Return to “EE: AoC Discussion”