Community Strength/Size?

Only for talk specifically about the Art of Conquest expansion.
Texas Ranger
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: Texas Ranger

Re: Community Strength/Size?

Post by Texas Ranger »

I can tell I'm getting trolled but I'll play along anyways.

A month since the last post is significant if it's in the thread with the most recent reply. I also don't have the lobby (or even the game!) right now so checking for myself is not an option.

No one actually answered my question, btw. Maybe it was a stupid question, but since someone brought it up, I thought I'd ask: "You can download the actual game here? I thought it was just the lobby?????????" Did the guy just mis-speak? Or is that actually possible?

OK, you say there are 70 users online. Is this AoC? I know this is the AoC forum but I want to double check. I'm not interested in EEC.

Lastly, I've lately been playing Company of Heroes which typically has 10,000+ players online. Sorry if 140 sounds kinda dead to me.... I was just kinda nostalgic and ShanghaiKid + myself want to know if it's worth downloading the lobby so we can play some AoC games.

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

Texas Ranger wrote:I can tell I'm getting trolled but I'll play along anyways.

A month since the last post is significant if it's in the thread with the most recent reply. I also don't have the lobby (or even the game!) right now so checking for myself is not an option.

No one actually answered my question, btw. Maybe it was a stupid question, but since someone brought it up, I thought I'd ask: "You can download the actual game here? I thought it was just the lobby?????????" Did the guy just mis-speak? Or is that actually possible?

OK, you say there are 70 users online. Is this AoC? I know this is the AoC forum but I want to double check. I'm not interested in EEC.

Lastly, I've lately been playing Company of Heroes which typically has 10,000+ players online. Sorry if 140 sounds kinda dead to me.... I was just kinda nostalgic and ShanghaiKid + myself want to know if it's worth downloading the lobby so we can play some AoC games.
http://save-ee.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1206
^^^ Answer to your question.

The user count I listed is total lobby users. Seriously, everyone is pretty much past the retarded AoC or EE divisions because almost the entire community plays both and the games are extremely similar, so its really meaningless to ask such a question now anyways. Should you get on, you shouldn't have much trouble finding an AoC game.

As for your statement this is the thread with the most recent reply (or was), you are mistaken. For this particular board, sure, but that's not exactly a very good metric by any reasonable standards for a variety of reasons. For the forum, though? Not even close.

Texas Ranger
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: Texas Ranger

Post by Texas Ranger »

Ah now that's some helpful info! Thank you!

Just one more thing. About the 'retarded' EEC/AoC divisions, they seem kinda relevant seeing as how AoC has powers and EEC does not. A game with expansionism is greatly different than a game without it. I personally would GREATLY prefer playing with the powers enabled. I'm kinda nervous about how popular that idea is because I can't help notice that the EEC board has significantly more topics/posts than the AoC board.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

The EE board covers topics that may bring both EE and AoC into the discussion. Most of them do. The only reason this forum is here is in case someone wants to talk about something that's specific to AoC without drawing in discussion from EEC.

As for playing because you feel nostalgic, sure it's probably worth your time since Mid SH is still active on AoC and you should be able to find a game fairly easy, so long as you don't get on during what would be late-night for the west coast.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

u will find mid sh games on aoc. they are quite common. the ee/aoc divison is less. and aoc players do venture to eec. as do the eec players venturing to aoc. to u texas this means more midsh players. and more competition. if i was u i wouldnt worry urself with the fine details. and just download the lobby and i beleive ee is downloadable from some site as well. a little hazy on where tho

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

Since the lobby has started i can attest to having played more eec games.
SlipKnoT wrote:swords are 30 u idiot.

Moo
Spam4food

Post by Moo »

peow130 wrote:Since the lobby has started i can attest to having played more eec games.
Agreed only thing you see in AOC are Mids and Pres rarely scens and compstomps

coW_
Basic Member
Lobby Username: coW_

Post by coW_ »

texas ranger...hit me up with a pm asap man.
2 years.

Return to “EE: AoC Discussion”