stupid question?

Only for talk specifically about the Art of Conquest expansion.
10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Re: stupid question?

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

Ghost wrote:In Mid it's better to upgrade attack before HP because then they kill citizens faster.
agreed, and a quick attack up, coupled with towers, will be much more helpful in defending against those pesky sword rushes.
Personally, I tend to go +attack(A.S.A.P.), +range, +range, then decide what else to do based on what units+upgrades I'm up against.
Or if I'm going on rush eco raid I'll go +attack, +speed, +range, and again decide what to do next based on my opponent(s).

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

massing ca agaisnt a sword rush is far better defence then wasting it on an upgrade imo, i would get at least 8 ca b4 bother upgrading attack to defend, also its real easy to slow a sword rush down by sending ur 1st 2 ca to tap there iron mines, and hunt(usually there undefended) or will waste some swords which are used to rush u.
wardog i agree completly with u, when refering to clubs, however swords are a complete different unit(hypothetically speaking) clubs arnt given the opportunity to 2 hit kill cits, while swords are(if clubs could do u think u would upgrade to do 2 hit kills) i think u would

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

taco wrote:massing ca agaisnt a sword rush is far better defence then wasting it on an upgrade imo,
Attempting to mass enough CA to defend against a 4f11 sword rush is absurd and will only end in defeat.

Easy
Basic Member

Post by Easy »

If your ca with settlements you can mass defencely against swords with assist with towers in earlyer games, but for ca boom, your mass stratgy wouldnt work as effective i feel.

PeLlE
Nemesis
Xfire: thepelie
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Pelie

Post by PeLlE »

I think you can't mass ca fats enough to hold a good swordrush. A small and easy to defend base with less cav with attack ups + houses is probly best defence against swordrush :)
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here
eeralf: ======???????????
eeralf: dont undersstand say it in street language
dreamwalker: fam mans already said im not gwarning wid yo shit on dis ting

taco
Civ Nazi

Post by taco »

absurd binary? id hate to say this, but i have alot more experience in this matter, where this is a rare case that u do not, and i think pelie even for that matter so is it wrong to say i would have a better idea of what works and what doesnt? unless ur going to go all hypothetical on me like bonescorpian i would spend sometime in the field b4 u refer to a strat as absurd, especially without a decent argument to bak it up, i assure u upgrading ur ca attack early on is only a waste of a possible ca im not saying hold off till 15f11 but early on i would hold off till at least 6f11 which is pretty late compared to sword slutting, i am mostly referring to a ca slut, however ca boom means they don't pop ca as quickly thus having spare wood and gold while they have 2 or so ca waiting to come out, it is definitely ideal to upgrade ur ca when u have left over resources to ca coming out constantly..
lastly a 4f11 sword slut is a incredibly slow slut in which it would DEFINITELY work against, a sword slutter knows if u don't get there in 2:20(thats even a little late for 1st swords arriving) don't bother slutting him its only a waste of swords.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

taco wrote:absurd binary? id hate to say this, but i have alot more experience in this matter, where this is a rare case that u do not, and i think pelie even for that matter so is it wrong to say i would have a better idea of what works and what doesnt? unless ur going to go all hypothetical on me like bonescorpian i would spend sometime in the field b4 u refer to a strat as absurd, especially without a decent argument to bak it up, i assure u upgrading ur ca attack early on is only a waste of a possible ca im not saying hold off till 15f11 but early on i would hold off till at least 6f11 which is pretty late compared to sword slutting, i am mostly referring to a ca slut, however ca boom means they don't pop ca as quickly thus having spare wood and gold while they have 2 or so ca waiting to come out, it is definitely ideal to upgrade ur ca when u have left over resources to ca coming out constantly..
lastly a 4f11 sword slut is a incredibly slow slut in which it would DEFINITELY work against, a sword slutter knows if u don't get there in 2:20(thats even a little late for 1st swords arriving) don't bother slutting him its only a waste of swords.
Yeah it's only absurd if you don't have tower backup and/or houses. I would like to inform you tho that bin infact has played many middles games in the early days of ee so he should be experienced enough in this area to give nice imputs. I would not agree with bin that it's absurd but the swordplayer should be able to defeat the ca player sooner or later. It's not always best to send all swords right away, sometimes better to wait till like 4f11 and then attack with swords. I don't think i have to explain why attacking in large groups has it's advantages.

Anyway about upgrading soon or late the attack upgrade will be best when you have 9-10 ca since the upgrade is +3 attack. A ca has 28 attack (assuming cav attack up) and as you can see 9*3 = 27 and 10*3 = 30... Thats at least what the maths would say I haven't made tests on it, but out of experience playing the game I would say the upgrades are more effective than what the maths here suggest.
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

taco wrote:id hate to say this, but i have alot more experience in this matter
Really? You do huh? That's actually laughable. I highly doubt that you have "a lot more experience in this matter" then I do in the area of CA strats.
taco wrote:i would spend sometime in the field b4 u refer to a strat
Maybe you missed the past 8 years but I spent the VAST majority of them, since 2002, playing mid CA strat. Try not be ignorant of who you’re talking to before doing so.
taco wrote:i assure u upgrading ur ca attack early on is only a waste of a possible ca
Unless you completely SUCK, your eco income, in the early first few minutes, will be slightly greater than your ability to spend it. This should give you just enough for an upgrade while still constantly producing CA in groups of 3. You simply WONT be able to get more CA produced faster than “constantly”, therefore to think you can get “extra” CA is ABSURD yes.
taco wrote:lastly a 4f11 sword slut is a incredibly slow
I used 4f11 because AoC “experts” have, historically, pronounced that anything faster than 5f11 is simply not possible, despite having proven repeatedly to them that it easily is., so I kept the number relatively high to avoid the stupidity from the "experts".

Easy
Basic Member

Post by Easy »

'That's actually laughable. I highly doubt that you have "a lot more experience in this matter" then I do in the area of CA strats.'

i would say he has more expereicne then you, as you dont play anymore you wouldnt 'keep up' with the progressing level, perhaps not anymore ;*o

^ you havn't played recently your memory is faulty ^_^^

"I used 4f11 because AoC “experts” have, historically, pronounced that anything faster than 5f11 is simply not possible, despite having proven repeatedly to them that it easily is., so I kept the number relatively high to avoid the stupidity from the "experts""

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how long ago was this dr nickaboka
Last edited by Easy on Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

Easy wrote:
10010 1111 10 wrote:
taco wrote:id hate to say this, but i have alot more experience in this matter
Really? You do huh? That's actually laughable. I highly doubt that you have "a lot more experience in this matter" then I do in the area of CA strats.

i would say he has more expereicne then you, as you dont play anymore you wouldnt 'keep up'
taco wrote:i would spend sometime in the field b4 u refer to a strat
Maybe you missed the past 8 years but I spent the VAST majority of them, since 2002, playing mid CA strat. Try not be ignorant of who you’re talking to before doing so.
taco wrote:i assure u upgrading ur ca attack early on is only a waste of a possible ca
Unless you completely SUCK, your eco income, in the early first few minutes, will be slightly greater than your ability to spend it. This should give you just enough for an upgrade while still constantly producing CA in groups of 3. You simply WONT be able to get more CA produced faster than “constantly”, therefore to think you can get “extra” CA is ABSURD yes.

^ you havn't played recently your memory is faulty ^_^^
taco wrote:lastly a 4f11 sword slut is a incredibly slow
I used 4f11 because AoC “experts” have, historically, pronounced that anything faster than 5f11 is simply not possible, despite having proven repeatedly to them that it easily is., so I kept the number relatively high to avoid the stupidity from the "experts".
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how long ago was this dr nickaboka
Stopped playing about 2 years ago. Which based on from what I've seen of you, would be when you were about 8.

Easy
Basic Member

Post by Easy »

nice gather of information

which is 100% wrong randolf
Last edited by Easy on Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

Easy wrote:nice gather of information

which is 100% wrong randolf
Sorry, your right, I should have said when you were 7.

taco
Civ Nazi

Post by taco »

whats funny bin is how niave u are to think that after all the time u havent played that things are still the same, espessially after omegas patch, which allows 5 extra civ points with expan.

"Maybe you missed the past 8 years but I spent the VAST majority of them, since 2002, playing mid CA strat. Try not be ignorant of who you’re talking to before doing so. "

congrats u, along with alot of us have spent time playing mid, however u are so blind that u couldn't notice how much its changed in the 8 yrs uv played, im not being ignorant, just being realistic, if some1 like krass, seizmic or icestorm(dont bother going off topic bin and try and degrade them) was to come into this conversation right now and say what ur saying i would consider it an experts opinion, however ur far from an expert NOW arnt u?

"Unless you completely SUCK, your eco income, in the early first few minutes, will be slightly greater than your ability to spend it. This should give you just enough for an upgrade while still constantly producing CA in groups of 3. You simply WONT be able to get more CA produced faster than “constantly”, therefore to think you can get “extra” CA is ABSURD yes."

how can u have groups of 3? im assuming ur saying 3 rangers producing ca at the same time, that is a fail on its own im sorry(2 rangers always start, 3 comes in about 6+, even later for a ca slutter)

i would like to know which expert said 5f11 or such, there a complete moron ive seen ppl die in 3f11 with nothing but a capitol left.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

taco wrote:whats funny bin is how niave u are to think that after all the time u havent played that things are still the same, espessially after omegas patch, which allows 5 extra civ points with expan.

"Maybe you missed the past 8 years but I spent the VAST majority of them, since 2002, playing mid CA strat. Try not be ignorant of who you’re talking to before doing so. "

congrats u, along with alot of us have spent time playing mid, however u are so blind that u couldn't notice how much its changed in the 8 yrs uv played, im not being ignorant, just being realistic, if some1 like krass, seizmic or icestorm(dont bother going off topic bin and try and degrade them) was to come into this conversation right now and say what ur saying i would consider it an experts opinion, however ur far from an expert NOW arnt u?

"Unless you completely SUCK, your eco income, in the early first few minutes, will be slightly greater than your ability to spend it. This should give you just enough for an upgrade while still constantly producing CA in groups of 3. You simply WONT be able to get more CA produced faster than “constantly”, therefore to think you can get “extra” CA is ABSURD yes."

how can u have groups of 3? im assuming ur saying 3 rangers producing ca at the same time, that is a fail on its own im sorry(2 rangers always start, 3 comes in about 6+, even later for a ca slutter)

i would like to know which expert said 5f11 or such, there a complete moron ive seen ppl die in 3f11 with nothing but a capitol left.
Ill have to take bin's party in this topic really. 3 rangers suck? Since when? I've used it for a very long time and last time I did ca in a 1v1 game on aoc I actually beat krass's ca that it seemed to me in the ladder you were unable to defeat. (Im sure krass could beat me some times too but I won that game). Im not saying you suck taco cause u also beat me in this ladder, but 3 ranges is absolutely a good strategy then you wont have to waste civs points on btd. For eec it's the best and we're discussing both here I assume. I'd also like to add that people in the past were just as good with ca as people are now the strategies for ca haven't developed much. It wouldn't surprise me if it has on aoc though but then it's because you were a bit slow to find the good strats. I've been using the same strategy for bows for about 4 years and I still find myself being among the fast people. I would say it's very easy to find an effective way to mass units that cost wood and gold/iron while getting an eco going compared to foodunits. You simply find the balance between wood and gold and add the food later on.
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

The bulk of your latest post is so ridiculous that I wont even waste time replying to your absolute ignorance. Besides, nemo summed it up fairly well. However;
taco wrote:i would like to know which expert said 5f11 or such, there a complete moron ive seen ppl die in 3f11 with nothing but a capitol left.
Icestorm, buttfreek, enigma, firestorm, warman.... the list goes on and on. When Lusitania, Krimson and some other ee clans decided to move to AoC, years ago, ALL these "experts" accused all of us of cheating because we were able to rush by 3f11. That is a fact, and anyone who was around then will tell you it's true.

Return to “EE: AoC Discussion”