Pikeman rush in mid sh

Moderator: taco

snupi
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: ugug

Pikeman rush in mid sh

Post by snupi »

Greetings to you all, fellow mid sh players.

I intend to share my Pikeman rush civilization with you. Since there are many sword rushers in mid, this is a good strategy to win against them.

Infantry Speers:
  • -Attack
    -Buildtime reduction
    -Cost reduction
    -Speed
    -Hitpoints
Buildings:
  • -Cost reduction
    -Buildtime reduction
Economy:
  • -Iron mining
    -Hunting
Citizen:
  • -Speed
and you will have 2 points left, which you obviously will waste on upgrades for prophet or the like.
Since I am only sharing the civ with you, I will not explain how to use it. Obviously it is similiar to a sword rush civ, but it will beat it.

Note:
If your enemy is making any archers, you are dead.

Eisregen
Lobby Username: Lycantropia

Re: Pikeman rush in mid sh

Post by Eisregen »

u need fana on pikes is much more sexy
xdfsddsvfdsvvadf

snupi
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: ugug

Post by snupi »

No you do not. Fana on Pikeman is a waste.

Eisregen
Lobby Username: Lycantropia

Post by Eisregen »

fana and kreuzritter on pikes is cool wtf
xdfsddsvfdsvvadf

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Tower rushes kill pikemen rushes. Pikemen pretty much suck against everything solely because they get owned hard by towers. In a team game it would never work. And if you even try to hit an enemy that has any sort of towers, you're dead before you can take out any meaningful amount of citizens.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

This civilization is bad. Not in that it's bad at making pikemen, or that the pikemen it makes are too weak for pikmen, but generally the problem that pikemen are weak as shit and aren't good.

If you're versus any player who has archers, you've lost. That means this civilization honestly cannot be used in any sort of team game except for ones where you're certain your opponents will not go CA, or that any CA player is so incredibly bad that they won't have any chance of helping, or even try to help their ally.

Of course, that doesn't mean pikemen are good if your opponents don't go archers, because pikemen loose to swords. It's rather simple why; pikemen can't pose any threat because towers utterly destroy them to the point that if you do any kind of meaningful damage to an opponent with them, you've lost so many pikemen that it's game over against any sword player because they can overrun you, and since you can't do any damage you're relegated to sitting in your base against a sword player who knows that's what you're doing. Sitting in your base and not posing any threat to a sword player is the absolute best way to loose at Middle SH--they can do some damage while sustaining minimal losses, and then just rape you with an early hero or by switching to mix in some archers or even ballistas.

While I'm certain you'll argue that you can indeed win with pikemen, that's really a moot point because I know you can do it if your opponents are bad, or you're just MUCH MUCH better than they are. Of course, against any sword player who's good enough to pump swords from 3 barracks, make towers, get a hero around 14-16 f11, and not waste units like an idiot, you've lost, and considering how low the skill bar for all those actions are you should loose to basically everyone.

Similarly, pikemen loose to knights, because the knight player makes towers and can EASILY mix in ballistas and/or archers.

Return to “Joke/Bad Civilizations”