[Ak]Middle Sh Ca cloak

Moderator: taco

ak_47
Basic Member
Lobby Username: ak_47

[Ak]Middle Sh Ca cloak

Post by ak_47 »

This civ is my 1v1/2v2 civ, you can either go persians or ca, i usually make a dog to scout what the enemy is making. if the enemy makes swords, ill build persians, if they go ca, ill counter with ca+balistas. The purpose of having cloak is to make it harder for your enemys to kill your eco and army.

This civ is an alternative style of playing, it's hard to use and is not recommended for beginners.
if you wanna have a better civ go look for a ca exp civ.
Attachments
ca cloak.JPG
Last edited by ak_47 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Eisregen
Lobby Username: Lycantropia

Re: [Ak]Middle Sh Ca cloak

Post by Eisregen »

hm better made a expan ca civ much better
xdfsddsvfdsvvadf

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

This could work if u send nonstop cavs to ur enemie base and hit him as much as passible. I would maybe swap Cav attack for btd to get cavs faster. Cloak is defending ur base so there is no reason to sit on ur ass.
As for the 2v2 this could work if either ur enemie are worse than u and ur ally or if both on ur team do cloak. (if not, ur enemie will only dobble ur ally :thumbsdown: )
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Absolutely
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: GoG_AbsoLuteLy

Post by Absolutely »

Kazter wrote: I would maybe swap Cav attack for btd to get cavs faster.
Ca w/o atk won't deal enough damage to swords with 6+5 on arrow.

And tbh I don't think that cloak will work vs. decent enemies. Furthermore even trying to annoy your enemy by hitting his ressources with ca won't work if you don't have btd nor expan to increase your ca production.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Absolutely wrote:
Kazter wrote: I would maybe swap Cav attack for btd to get cavs faster.
Ca w/o atk won't deal enough damage to swords with 6+5 on arrow.

And tbh I don't think that cloak will work vs. decent enemies. Furthermore even trying to annoy your enemy by hitting his ressources with ca won't work if you don't have btd nor expan to increase your ca production.

Since I wont have CA attack in civ, I will after a while swap over to persians if I'm vs a player with swords.

And Ecokill/annoying ur enemie will be very passible with a civ who got cr/btd on cavs and gold mining, but vs a ca player u might have to use 2 or even 3 groups. Just remember to dont loose cavs, allways run back if they hit you.

But I will agree on that a normal ca civ or ca expan civ would in most cases be better, but all I'm saying is: CA cloak could work.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Personally I think cloaking does not help a lot in a CA civ because when you play vs. a normal CA player he can still rape the shit out of you with ballistas by using attack ground. Against a sword player you'd probably be better off just simply walling up in a team game or using a civ with BTD in 1v1.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Hello0
Lobby Username: GoG_hΣ||øØ

Post by Hello0 »

U probably just win with this civ when ur enemy alt+f4s cus hes too pissed to play vs this.
I am sweet.

Absolutely
Intermediate Member

Post by Absolutely »

Kazter wrote:
Since I wont have CA attack in civ, I will after a while swap over to persians if I'm vs a player with swords.

And Ecokill/annoying ur enemie will be very passible with a civ who got cr/btd on cavs and gold mining, but vs a ca player u might have to use 2 or even 3 groups. Just remember to dont loose cavs, allways run back if they hit you.

But I will agree on that a normal ca civ or ca expan civ would in most cases be better, but all I'm saying is: CA cloak could work.
Persians without attack suck. Get knights instead of pers

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Ur saying knights without any uppgrades is better to use than persians with btd, cr, speed and range in a cloakciv vs sword slut and sword expan?

Absolutely
Intermediate Member

Post by Absolutely »

Kazter wrote:Ur saying knights without any uppgrades is better to use than persians with btd, cr, speed and range in a cloakciv vs sword slut and sword expan?
yes , I do

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Can you please explain why?

Absolutely
Intermediate Member

Post by Absolutely »

Kazter wrote:Can you please explain why?
Knights are more effective vs swords than persians without atk.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Absolutely wrote:Knights are more effective vs swords than persians without atk.
I disagree.

In my opinion getting knights in a cloak civ is just stupid. The reason u have cloak is to make it much harded for ur enemie to eco u. In a way it works as a wall. So vs a swordslut or swordexpan player i would get persians for 3 reasons:

1. Because u got btd and cr in civ for pers/cavs u can pop out cheap pers fast. U also got speed in civ which means ur enemie wont be able to touch ur persians if u use em right (cavarly arrow with speed + cloak pown knights with nothing vs swords IMO). And with the persians u can push into ur enemies base or let him feed u swordkills.
16 pers can eat alot of swords/citz while 14-12 knights wont do much damage because of the towers/houses ur enemie will have in his base are gonna help his swords defeating em.

2. The biggest threat to cavarly range+cloak civ IMO is balista because of their "attack ground" which can hit u even tho ur base is cloaked. Ur persians can kill their balis without getting attacked by his swords, but he can easyer micro and kill some knights.

3. Pers are better for killing heros, buildings and towers.

Absolutely
Intermediate Member

Post by Absolutely »

Kazter wrote:
Absolutely wrote:Knights are more effective vs swords than persians without atk.
I disagree.

In my opinion getting knights in a cloak civ is just stupid. The reason u have cloak is to make it much harded for ur enemie to eco u. In a way it works as a wall. So vs a swordslut or swordexpan player i would get persians for 3 reasons:

1. Because u got btd and cr in civ for pers/cavs u can pop out cheap pers fast. U also got speed in civ which means ur enemie wont be able to touch ur persians if u use em right (cavarly arrow with speed + cloak pown knights with nothing vs swords IMO). And with the persians u can push into ur enemies base or let him feed u swordkills.
16 pers can eat alot of swords/citz while 14-12 knights wont do much damage because of the towers/houses ur enemie will have in his base are gonna help his swords defeating em.

2. The biggest threat to cavarly range+cloak civ IMO is balista because of their "attack ground" which can hit u even tho ur base is cloaked. Ur persians can kill their balis without getting attacked by his swords, but he can easyer micro and kill some knights.

3. Pers are better for killing heros, buildings and towers.
You're just describing tactics about how to defend your base.
IMO there is no reason in defending while your enemy is able to boom.

I'll post my whole reply later.

LacRimoSa
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] LacRimoSa

Post by LacRimoSa »

pers+sword > knight+sword

Sure, knights got more attack, but with pers u got the ability to hit'n run.

I always mix pers to swords. Never regretted it. However, it depends on the playing style too, if you just ctrl walk, straight to enemys base, knights are the better choice.

In this case, with a cav bow civi, no doubt pers are the better choice.

Lg LacRi

Return to “Joke/Bad Civilizations”