I have questions about the demo, beta and oficial patches

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Post Reply
Joaquín
Forum Noob
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:17 pm
Lobby Username: ElJoaca

I have questions about the demo, beta and oficial patches

Post by Joaquín »

* For what I see, arround 08/22/2001 players can download for the first time Empire Earth beta. Wich version was it?, the 1.00.2020? The 1.00.2020 is the actual version than I have. Bio: http://ee.heavengames.com/archives/arc72.shtml
* Then appear the empire earth demo in 10/19/2001. Bio: http://ee.heavengames.com/archives/arc63.shtml
* At 11/13/2001 the first copies of Empire Earth began arriving in stores across North America and whit this the 1.0.4.0 Update. Today i tried, and I think I upgrade the V. 1.00.2020 to 1.04.5188 Bio: https://web.archive.org/web/20011212082 ... ndex2.html
*Finally, the last patch was V. 2.0 in the 2002.

Is correct all what I said? his are all the official versions of the game? Does exist more than a beta version or more than a demo version? Why in the trailer some units have differents textures, is it perhaps an alpha version? Bio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2VA-f11asc or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4gxZtSS8Zk

I'm not sure about some thing, please if some veteran can help me, i will be very gratefull.

User avatar
Arntzen
Administrator
Posts: 1927
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:13 am
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_
Location: Norway

Re: I have questions about the demo, beta and oficial patche

Post by Arntzen »

1.00.2020 is the vanilla version, the version you get when you install EE from the original CD. This is not a beta version.

I don't know much of the beta version, I have looked for it but never found out.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Joaquín
Forum Noob
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:17 pm
Lobby Username: ElJoaca

Re: I have questions about the demo, beta and oficial patche

Post by Joaquín »

Arntzen wrote:1.00.2020 is the vanilla version, the version you get when you install EE from the original CD. This is not a beta version.

I don't know much of the beta version, I have looked for it but never found out.
So the 1.00.2020 was the first official version of the game? What make me confuse is that 11/13/2001 appear the first copy of EE at store with the patch 1.0.4.0. That mean that 1.00.2020 appeared before.

User avatar
Arntzen
Administrator
Posts: 1927
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:13 am
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_
Location: Norway

Re: I have questions about the demo, beta and oficial patche

Post by Arntzen »

1.0.4 and 2.00 was something you had to download from the patcher that came with the CD, those patches themselves didn't come with the CD.
Even with the Gold Edition the CD only installs 1.00.2020
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Joaquín
Forum Noob
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:17 pm
Lobby Username: ElJoaca

Re: I have questions about the demo, beta and oficial patche

Post by Joaquín »

Arntzen wrote:1.0.4 and 2.00 was something you had to download from the patcher that came with the CD, those patches themselves didn't come with the CD.
Even with the Gold Edition the CD only installs 1.00.2020
So the 1.00.2020 and the 1.0.4 appeared at the same day? And there is something else, that you can toll me about the beta or the demo? any information?

User avatar
Arntzen
Administrator
Posts: 1927
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:13 am
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_
Location: Norway

Re: I have questions about the demo, beta and oficial patche

Post by Arntzen »

Joaquín wrote:So the 1.00.2020 and the 1.0.4 appeared at the same day?
Seems unlikely it was on the same day, but very shortly after release is my guess.
Joaquín wrote:And there is something else, that you can toll me about the beta or the demo? any information?
Hmm, not sure what you're interested in.
I know the Prehistoric Age was originally called Paleolithic Age, and Digital was originally called Information Age.
Infantry range got a nerf early on (before original release) because they were way too OP, this is the reason why inf range bonuses are more expensive in civilization than infantry sword for example.

It was a closed Beta, not everyone could access it.
The Beta that was released had less epochs then the finished game. I think it was Imperial-WW2 at first and then they introduced Renaissance in a later version of the beta.

Don't know anything about the demo, doubt it was released before the game itself though.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Joaquín
Forum Noob
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:17 pm
Lobby Username: ElJoaca

Re: I have questions about the demo, beta and oficial patche

Post by Joaquín »

Arntzen wrote:
Joaquín wrote:So the 1.00.2020 and the 1.0.4 appeared at the same day?
Seems unlikely it was on the same day, but very shortly after release is my guess.
Joaquín wrote:And there is something else, that you can toll me about the beta or the demo? any information?
Hmm, not sure what you're interested in.
I know the Prehistoric Age was originally called Paleolithic Age, and Digital was originally called Information Age.
Infantry range got a nerf early on (before original release) because they were way too OP, this is the reason why inf range bonuses are more expensive in civilization than infantry sword for example.

It was a closed Beta, not everyone could access it.
The Beta that was released had less epochs then the finished game. I think it was Imperial-WW2 at first and then they introduced Renaissance in a later version of the beta.

Don't know anything about the demo, doubt it was released before the game itself though.
Tks for all your help. To be sure, first you need to have the 1.00.2020, and then install the patch 1.0.4., is that correct?

Bogdan_xD
Full Member
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:19 am
Lobby Username: [FAME] Bogdan_xD

Re: I have questions about the demo, beta and oficial patche

Post by Bogdan_xD »

it doesn't matter what EE you have normally.
NeoEE updates the client to the same version anyway.
Streaming Empire Earth , mostly Islands F11 60 @ https://www.twitch.tv/titaniuex

Joaquín
Forum Noob
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:17 pm
Lobby Username: ElJoaca

Re: I have questions about the demo, beta and oficial patche

Post by Joaquín »

Bogdan_xD wrote:it doesn't matter what EE you have normally.
NeoEE updates the client to the same version anyway.
Yes. I wanted to know more about the begining of the game.

Post Reply

Return to “EE General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests