Engineer mining.

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Neotje
Intermediate Member

Engineer mining.

Post by Neotje »

As some of you, scenario playing, people know, it is possible to mine gold with an engineer (this is a unit u can use in some scenario's).
Some people concider this a glitch, personally i see it as a feature (tough then what isn't a feature?).
I just read the ToU again, and since there is a special part for banable glitches i tought: lets discuss this one.

Important notes:
- Engi mining is very fast, someone once stated they mine 14x speed.
- Engineers can Only be unlocked in scenario's. Scenario builders can implement triggers that kill engineers that are mining resources.
- Engineers can ONLY mine Stone, gold and forage path's. You have to remove at least 1 gold/stone/food using a citizen before trying to mine.
- Engi's do not work on farms/iron/wood.
- Engineers mine only 1 resource every time, not 15 like a cit does, because of this you have to build settlements directly next to a gold/stone/food mine.
- You can put a LOT of engi's on 1 gold/stone/food mine. I once had at least 20 on one mine.
- Engineers can allso build buildings. You can use them to build pillboxes and barbered wires, but these buildings may allso be finished by cits (so cits can't build the 'fundations' but they can finish it after a engi put down the fundations). Engineers can finish buildings planted by cits.
- Some scenario's use engineers as miners (the good old Hitman (not version III)).

For now that's just about anything I can tell about it.

Personally i would suggest not to concider it as a glitch since engineers can be put on or off by the creator of a scenario. They can also implement triggers that eliminate engineer mining (some worldmaps have it, (pengy 1.94) and some euro maps have it, i don't know about other scens having engi's and having it enabled)

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Re: Engineer mining.

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

I don't believe we have an interest in regulating scenarios since they are defined by the creators.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

10010 1111 10 wrote:I don't believe we have an interest in regulating scenarios since they are defined by the creators.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

The engi glitch is technically a glitch due to the fact that you must have citizens mining on the mine before you put them on there.
But, you can disable engi glitching entirely the way penguini__ did it.
SlipKnoT wrote:swords are 30 u idiot.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Some scenarios such as Vortex include engineers knowing that you're going to use them for a mining bonus, not to make pillboxes. Why make them so expensive to buy in the scenario when all they do is build shittier towers? For the insane stone mining, duh.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

Ghost wrote:Some scenarios such as Vortex include engineers knowing that you're going to use them for a mining bonus, not to make pillboxes. Why make them so expensive to buy in the scenario when all they do is build shittier towers? For the insane stone mining, duh.

Stone, and gold, and i think foraging too.
And pillboxes rape inf....
SlipKnoT wrote:swords are 30 u idiot.

Return to “EE General Discussion”