Open Discussion Regarding the Lobby Rules

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
KILLERS_Daniel
Retarded Troll (Don't feed me)

Re: Open Discussion Regarding the Lobby Rules

Post by KILLERS_Daniel »

Omega wrote:Daniel, your main objection to mutes for spam seems to be that they are significantly longer than those on Sierra servers. Please keep in mind that one reason the mutes on Sierra servers (esp. AoC) had to be shorter was because people who were merely typing quickly
Well, i am happy for your post i see that there almost a one people that have the salt in the brain and not the tree.
Someone that however want understand because the peoples is not full agree with the rules.

Say that give me the opportunity to replay at your consideration:

:shock:
Sorry Omega, what do u think what happen when one spam. He write a very fast on keyboard and click the enter for more time repeating the same sentence, difference sentence will be take more time, one word or few charachters also less time. :)

So if there a function of auto-mute how you have called it the 'Spammer' will be mute for few min. or a few hours if u want be
a hurd judge and all ended there.
Basically, the only effect spamming has at the moment is annoying people.
That i had said.
you don't need to spam to advertise, not on this small of lobby.
on this i am not agree, almost a part, i think that will be support on the lobby of course not as massive posting. But a request when
to start a game will be necessary some players, i repeat non in massive posting, and the function of before will be a good choise.(auto-mute). The people know that he can post at max 1 or 2 request before that will be mute.
simply stating that on Sierra's servers they did things differently is not a very good argument........

Generally i have always knowen that from the program (of course if is possible) come take a good things and left the bad things and IMO that was a good thing. How the 'Locate' , but is a my opinion.
About if i have a good reason to support the spam i want be agree with you and say no i don't have any reason to support the spam,
but there a difference between spam & spam only that seems that the thing that divide us. But there are other that i will present..

Sorry is late and the post will became so long then i continue in next time ...

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

Daniel, the only problem with an auto-mute function, like the old servers had, is that it does not deter people from spamming. People spammed like crazy in the old lobby despite the auto-mute, so clearly that system did not work well.

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

"Well, something about salty trees (some type of useless analogy), not everybody agrees with the rules, it was a good idea to post this thread. It gave me a chance to critiique the rules. When/If there was an auto-mute system, judging by the amount of spam, the spammer could be muted for a few minutes, or possibly hours."

"Spamming is annoying."

"I don't fully agree, old chap. I think that the support of the lobby is fully based on the ability of players to request, and of course start games. The auto-mute function will allow people to be able to request games, but not allow them to "spam" requests. This person can request at most 1-2 (fuck that, 3 is the best choice)."

"I have many reasons to agree with you, Omega, but i find a major difference between spam for game requests, and spam to be asinine. It's late, and i must depart! Tally ho gents."

I am a God at translating to english.
SlipKnoT wrote:swords are 30 u idiot.

Ottomann
Novice Member

Post by Ottomann »

Because literally all that happens is them whispering us, there really isn't any violation of privacy. I mean really, if you're whispering everyone in the lobby do you even expect it to be private anyway? (Generally it's more of a "hey I am so clever... I can break the rules and the mods wont know!" kind of thing, too)

Omega
Global Moderator
Thats what i did not know thx for saying it . And it was just because someone got a bann cause mass whisper so i was wondering why you know it and though if you can see masswhisper you also can see normaly whisper conversations. But it wasn true so just sry and nevermind anymore.
]Oh and Peow that was a nice post and you are fully right :)

KILLERS_Daniel

Post by KILLERS_Daniel »

peow130 wrote:" .....I am a God at translating to english.....
:shock: Wow ,Can I send you post in PM so you fix them. Please tell me yes.

Your summary is not enough proper launching the full idea (makes the translation of ways to say not always is usually),
but the picture look will be so. You had to do a good job.

But now I want to continue from the point that I left yesterday ..

The underlying concept is that the punishments for violations of rules are exaggerated for the breach
of spam on general chat (but i don't care much of that we tought different and i am one against more)
but the basics things are:

1) Shown in the lobby and in the Forum all accounts that refer to a ID (derived from a function
within the code of the lobby) to identify a machine and not a player.

2) This ID refers to a PC, but bringing all you NICK refer the reader thinks that it is a
single person, and this of course is patently untrue. In a site (house, pub etc. ) may have several players
who loggin on to a single PC.

3) The violation committed in terms of usage lobby is part of the NICK in question and not to others
who have always behaved correctly. And therefore do not compete to be punished or restricted
from the lobby.

4) If Someone whisper something to someone is not one thing of the staff but only between him and the correspondent.
Delivered the message that I sent to him to other is a breach of privacy.
Examples:
If I send the 20 whisper messages which say: 'You are a dumb ......" because after I have asked to explain because I was kicked out of his game and Him is not even worthy of responding. He does not want read me, can use the functions 'IGNORE' in lobby .
In all this I do not see what have to do the MODERATOR. Which also reads a text (not send addresable to him)
a text does not know the reasons which is the basis of messages.

I stopped here i have say all for now.

Ottomann
Novice Member

Post by Ottomann »

2) This ID refers to a PC, but bringing all you NICK refer the reader thinks that it is a
single person, and this of course is patently untrue. In a site (house, pub etc. ) may have several players
who loggin on to a single PC.
from KILLERS_Daniel

Thats a quiet good point :)
BUT Where is the proplem when the Moderators see all the useraccounts of your family ?? As long as they dont post it in the LObby and other people then think that the other person is you , there is not a proplem. :!:
May , yes, if someone from your family got banned then you also have a proplem but then pls try your brother/ sister/ vater to have an good behaviour :). Shouldn't be so hard as brother / son should it ?

KILLERS_Daniel

Post by KILLERS_Daniel »

Ottomann wrote: Thats a quiet good point :) .... Shouldn't be so hard as brother / son should it ?
Well y don't want understand that they are collect information that they don't have right to collect. If they want do that they must do how the Sierra: given to your personal ID assign when you do the registration and give it when you loggin in the lobby so they are sure that u are you and so they are entitled to ban/mute or other things. that's all !
The ID that u provide is yours the information that they are collect are ours . This is the substantial difference. Great enterprise had try to put unique ID on the chips processor, but they had must done the possibility to disable it for question of privacy.

There are 110 people in lobby how max, without count a double or triple account, 70/80 are playing to poker someone is at the window on lobby and is annoying by the spam , but don't is annoying when is him that write, someone play. No one had post something about Omega and ME something of interesting to discuss on this rules. But in the ban/mute section there are many protest. Thank's OMEGA for your courtesy. Thanks To POEW110 and TRICKY almost they have said a opinion.

inola
Nemesis

Post by inola »

Peow translate the past three post.

Ottomann
Novice Member

Post by Ottomann »

Daniel i realy dont get your point in this case , sry that is a so littel proplem never thinking about it.

And nola why you dont understand it is the english to bad or just to much unknown glossary for you ?? :lol:

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Daniel and Ottomann,

Your arguments are so extremely fallacious that I refuse to recognize them as valid. I'm not even going to waste my time typing out why, because it seems that not matter what you will be dissatisfied with a free service that we are providing to you. From the looks of things, you both refuse to apply rational thought to anything. Since I do, that means you probably won't be able to understand any side of my argument.

Maybe that last statement was too philosophical for you. In that case, you need to get out in the real world some more.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

inola
Nemesis

Post by inola »

Ottomann wrote: And nola why you dont understand it is the english to bad or just to much unknown glossary for you ?? :lol:
My 7 year old daughter uses english better than the both of you. Copy some of your post into Microsoft office word if you don't understaind what i'm talking about.

KILLERS_Daniel

Post by KILLERS_Daniel »

The Gost contribute:
I don't know where people get the idea that we can see their whispers...
read the post of OMEGA
Peow translate the past three post.
yes Peow had done a good translate i write it in my post on. Write you in my language do you know how many rice i can do ?
Your arguments are so extremely fallacious that I refuse to recognize them as valid......
because it seems that not matter what you will be dissatisfied with a free service that we are providing to you
It's a is true you give the service to us, but you also forget that you give the service to yourself. Without us with who would play with Empire Earth & AOC . Do you understand that ! don't you ?

INOLA contribute
If you don't like our rules and feel you can't follow them "Request a Perma Mute" this way you don't have to worry about getting muted or banned.
:shock: :?
ok i stop.

Staff you have right !
This is a discussion of the deaf, blind and illiterate (me).
You haven't a worry the world moves on the same, bad, but go ahead.

Best regard's

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

KILLERS_Daniel wrote: It's a is true you give the service to us, but you also forget that you give the service to yourself. Without us with who would play with Empire Earth & AOC . Do you understand that ! don't you ?
Actually, the owners of this service do not play ee anymore. Do you understand that?

KILLERS_Daniel

Post by KILLERS_Daniel »

10010 1111 10 wrote: Actually, the owners of this service do not play ee anymore. Do you understand that?
:?

This is a discussion of the deaf, blind, illiterate (me) and :ncool:
and i am feel :oops:, :cry:

for me is this the last post i don't want became a Lobby-Whore so fast, i start how noob ( :mrgreen: ) now i am Novice Member ( :D )

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

KILLERS_Daniel wrote:
But now I want to continue from the point that I left yesterday ..

The underlying concept is that the punishments for violations of rules are exaggerated for the breach
of spam on general chat (but i don't care much of that we tought different and i am one against more)
but the basics things are:

The basic concept is that the punishments for violations of rules are somewhat exaggerated. The basic things are:

1) All accounts created represent a player, rather than a computer. These accounts use an ID (derived from a function from a code in the lobby) to identify a player.

2) This ID refers to a player. However, several of the admins/mods think that because the lobby is on one computer, all accounts belong to one person. However, this is not true at all. A house may have several players who only login on one PC.

3) The violations are associated with one single account, and not to the others who have never broken rules. And these players don't deserve to be restricted from lobby usage.

4) If somebody whispers something to another player who is not a staff member, and the chat stays between the two whisper-ers.
Example:
If i send 20 whisper messages that say "you are a dumb-arse" because i was not told why i was kicked out of his EE game, he can simply use the Ignore function of the lobby.

I don't see why a moderator, who doesn't know the full context of the text exchanged needs to mute a player for such an action.

I stopped here i have say all for now.
Translatored
SlipKnoT wrote:swords are 30 u idiot.

Return to “EE General Discussion”