How I got AOC running on W10

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Ghost P.
Lurker
Lobby Username: Ghost P.

How I got AOC running on W10

Post by Ghost P. »

Since many people report that their game crashes on windows 10, I'll post here how I got it running.

I did a fresh install of EE and AOC. Then I installed both 1.04 and 2.00 patches. After that I added the NeoEE patch.

First time I launched the newly placed Empire Earth exe the game crashed. So i opened up the properties and set to run the game as an administrator and in Windows 8 compatibility mode. Boom - game opened up just fine. However, whenever I try to open up a random game or load a save file, It would just crash to desktop. A new exe needs to be done for W10.

The default NeoEE AOC exe file seems to conflict with windows 10, at least on my end. Whenever I open up AOC, the game opens up just fine. Then after about 5 seconds of in-game time the mouse cursor just disappears and I can't do anything. The only way to fix this is to either sign out of my windows account or restart the PC. Now when you open up the properties for the AOC exe there is no compatibility tab.

The way I got running AOC normally is by downloading the Win 8.1 experimental exe from here and running the exe as an administrator. That's it.

My GPU is a GTX 650, running nvidia 355.60 drivers.

Return to “EE General Discussion”