New AI release

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Black Star
Lobby Username: Die Gurke

Re: New AI release

Post by Black Star »

Ya i Would always get Range First
[22:23:06] [-Ts-] Tricky: i dont even know what my name is anymore

P-51
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Xfire: p51p51
Lobby Username: «•FRMB•»P-51

Post by P-51 »

Well I was thinking more that I wouldn't want to encourage the AI to use siege at all. But you're right. If anything range would help them use it properly.

Udolf
Lobby Username: Udolf

Post by Udolf »

Thanks for the input!
I put siege CR there because there have been 3 civ points left, and not 2. But if you think range is more important, I will change it to range even though I will have 1 civ point left then.

Udolf

Post by Udolf »

P-51 wrote:Well I was thinking more that I wouldn't want to encourage the AI to use siege at all. But you're right. If anything range would help them use it properly.
Why wouldn't you want to encourage the AI to use siege?

Udolf

Post by Udolf »

Please also give me feedback for the civ points that are spent for swordsmen and ca. Do you think it is a good idea to not include build time decrease and instead include speed for both, like I did?

P-51

Post by P-51 »

Udolf wrote:
P-51 wrote:Well I was thinking more that I wouldn't want to encourage the AI to use siege at all. But you're right. If anything range would help them use it properly.
Why wouldn't you want to encourage the AI to use siege?
We don't want the AI to be stupid enough to be using siege in the early game, or worse, massing it. Usually siege comes into the late game to support existing armies and it isn't worth upgrading in your civ. I also don't think the AI would be smart enough to manage their units and I can imagine them leaving ballista on the front lines with their swordsmen.

Udolf

Post by Udolf »

Hello everyone!

I decided to not give this project up, even though I have to create the scenario file new from scratch for using it with multiple human players, because I had a wrong template.
So I have some questions for the new Scenario file that I want to create. I want to do everything correct this time, so please help me out:
- How can I run Empire Earth in a Window? (I need 2 windows of Empire Earth, 1 for the old scenario and 1 for the new scenario)
- Which map size do you recommend for 8 players?
- How much resources do you normally have in MidSH? (what means the "SH" anyway?)
- Game variant is tournament in MidSH, right?

And some more questions for the development:
- I am going to let the AI develop the CA attitudes this way:
Range+1,Attack+3,Speed+2,Range+1,Attack+4
Is it ok?

P-51

Post by P-51 »

I'm not sure if you can run EE in a window. At least I've never seen it. But you can alt-tab between the two pretty easily.
Map size should be large, I don't know what the equivalent of that is in tile length. Definitely not more than 200 x 200 though.
SH = standard high
800 food, 750 wood, 800 stone, 100 gold, 100 iron
Yes, tournament variant

Udolf

Post by Udolf »

Thanks a lot!

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Post by Jodocus »

>> - How can I run Empire Earth in a Window? (I need 2 windows of Empire Earth, 1 for the old scenario and 1 for the new scenario)

I manipulated EEC in a way you can open multiple instances of it, but only 1 AOC instance so far. For EE in a windowed mode I use DxWnd, you will find it on SourceForge.

Udolf

Post by Udolf »

Thank you, Jodocus.

Udolf

Post by Udolf »

1 more question.
The difficulty level should be easy in MidSH, right?
This is a problem, because as far as I understand it, the difficulty level not only controls how hard it is to kill animals, but also how good the AI will be.
So if I put the difficulty level on easy, killing animals will be easy, but my AI will be stupid as well.

Return to “EE General Discussion”