NEW AI for Empire Earth

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Udolf
Lobby Username: Udolf

Re: NEW AI for Empire Earth

Post by Udolf »

Which siege weapon do you recommend to use?
Heavy ram or trebuchet?
And Arntzen, which of swordsman's properties would you develop, and in which order?

Udolf

Post by Udolf »

Arntzen wrote:What you did is something like what I do when I make swordsmen without having them in civ.
I don't understand how you mean that. Don't you develop swordsman's properties if you have swordsman in your civ?
Please explain this.

Udolf

Post by Udolf »

Some more questions:
I've seen some people creating 3 barracks in the beginning. So should I let the AI create 3 barracks in the beginning as well, or are 2 enough?
And should the AI immediately lure the hunt to its capitol and kill it there to prevent the enemy from killing it?

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

Okey, I see I was wrong in my assumption that the AI would be using the no custom civilizations like they normally do, and randomly pick civs.

2 Speed upgrades on Swords is really only necessary/good when you don't have Speed bonus in civilization.
The normal way to upgrade swordsmen is 1 attack, 1 speed, 1 hp, 1 hp, and then the last upgrade depending on what you are against. Mass archer units you would get double arrow armor, but default upgrade would be one more attack.
The second speed upgrade gives you +1 speed, and one more attack upgrade, or double arrow armor upgrade is preferable.

If you don't have sword speed in civilization, then the swordsmen are too slow with their 12 speed, and need every speed boost they can get to be more useful. Therefor the upgrade path you said seemed very good.

Siege in Middle Ages:
Against lots of arrow units, heavy ram is very good, but they are weak against pierce and shock type units. Heavy ram is a good unit that can tank lots of damage.
Trebuchet is very powerful and has so much range it mostly stays out of trouble. It's the best counter unit against ballistas, and in huge numbers it's incredible. Downside is that it's expensive and very easily destroyed.
Ballista is the only area damage unit in Middle, but it's the only one you need. It's the perfect counter to grouped up military like archers. Works great against pikemen also!
Siege Towers are cheap and can take a beating. Great as a tank unit.

Based on this, I would recommend the AI to get all of these siege weapons, but heavily favor ballista and trebuchets. Specially later on in the game.

I looked at your civilization. I take it that this is the civilization the AI will use every game? If so, I would suggest you use a more mixed civilization, because a human being would just completely counter that civilization by going for Knights. (Since your civ heavily favor swordsmen).

Here is my suggestion:

Archer - Foot
20% Range
Cavalry - Ranged
20% Attack
20% Range
Cavalry - Spear (Melee)
20% Hit Points
20% Speed
Cavalry - Sword
20% Speed
Citizens & Fishing Boats
20% Speed
Civ - Bldgs, Walls, & Towers
15% Cost Reduction
Civ - Economy
20% Farming
20% Hunting and Foraging
Field Cannon & Anti-Tank Guns
20% Range
Infantry - Sword
20% Cost Reduction
20% Hit Points
20% Speed
Siege Weapons & Mobile AA
20% Range
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Udolf wrote:Some more questions:
I've seen some people creating 3 barracks in the beginning. So should I let the AI create 3 barracks in the beginning as well, or are 2 enough?
And should the AI immediately lure the hunt to its capitol and kill it there to prevent the enemy from killing it?
IMO 2 barrack will be enough. I'd like to see the AI mix in some archers or horses fairly quickly though.

Again, it the AI builds 3 barracks every time, a human being will go for knights every game (very good counter unit to swordsmen).

Udolf

Post by Udolf »

I see. This will be much more difficult than I thought. The problem is that the AI always has the same civilization, so a human being could build units that counter exactly this civilization, no matter how it looks like.

Udolf

Post by Udolf »

Thank you for your suggestion. I'll try to make the AI more flexible.
I wonder because you said the normal way to upgrade swordsmen is 1 attack, 1 speed, 1 hp, 1 hp, and then the last upgrade depending on what you are against.
I tested in a Scenario game 1 swordsman having 1 hp upgrade vs 1 swordsman having 1 attack upgrade, and the hp-upgraded swordsman won the fight, so I thought upgrading HP before attack would be better?

Udolf

Post by Udolf »

Maybe it's better if I release the AI scenario soon, even though it's incomplete, to get some advice how I can develop it better, before I develop it in a wrong way.
The AI is not able to manage it's economy properly so far, this is the main reason I didn't release it.

Udolf

Post by Udolf »

After rebuilding the AI's economy I'm looking forward to make the AI use a second army unit as a base unit. Now he only uses the swordsmen, and I'd like him to use a second unit, e.g. cavalry archers. Which army unit would you recommend as a second base unit to the swordsman?

I hope you get the question. Pls help, so I can make the AI better. :)

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

CA works good yeah! :thumbsupl:

Udolf

Post by Udolf »

Thank you, Arntzen. So it will be cavalry archers.

Udolf

Post by Udolf »

I was also thinking of the normal archers, but I guess it's better for the AI tu use the cavalry archers, right?

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

What unit to make depends on the situation. Some units are good against some units and shit against others.

Making the AI create a combination of swords+cav archer is good against most combinations. Of course Eisregens tactic of going xbows (+ add longbows against the cav archers) is still better.

Maybe add a trigger that the AI will not get CA if his enemy is getting longbows. And instead he's getting Ballistas?

Udolf

Post by Udolf »

Arntzen wrote:What unit to make depends on the situation. Some units are good against some units and shit against others.

Making the AI create a combination of swords+cav archer is good against most combinations. Of course Eisregens tactic of going xbows (+ add longbows against the cav archers) is still better.

Maybe add a trigger that the AI will not get CA if his enemy is getting longbows. And instead he's getting Ballistas?
Good suggestion, thank you. I will think about this.

Cloud2332
Lurker
Lobby Username: Cloud2332

Post by Cloud2332 »

Hey wie weit bist du ?

Return to “EE General Discussion”