Personalized hotkeys

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Re: Personalized hotkeys

Post by Omega »

Not obvious it's a training video? I'm almost certain that this is a video on the "Training" tab of the lobby. The username is "eetrainvideo", created at the time I was running the eetraining.com website/forum before it was merged into this one. The video shows only the first ~3f11 of a start, and that's it. It'd be kind of silly for this not to be a training video. If it's not just showing a start for informational purposes, why else would it exist?

My approach to this video was as follows: Make a video demonstrating a good gren *start* as quickly as possible. This is why I didn't use the double mine, and also why I didn't reroll the map to have no double mine, because virtually every start video I ever did was 'record one try -> upload' style. As far as the hippo goes, if you watch the mouse it looks like I made an obvious attempt to lure the hippo, but either the click on the hippo failed, or the citizen didn't attack before I sent it back--not really sure if this recording was made from my laptop or desktop at the time, so I could have been having some fun FRAPS lag while making it. In any event, failing to lure 1 out of 2 hippos isn't a big enough failure to redo a recording of the start, as it changes absolutely nothing about the start in all honesty, and it was obvious from the video you SHOULD lure that hippo.

If you think you can do a better video of a gren start, not using a double mine, please upload the video. :)

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

I know it's a training video, I'm just saying that it's not a great gren start (something arntzen tries to imply). I'm saying that there are a lot of things which can be improved which makes it a relative bad start, something artnzen tries to deny.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

O
M
G

W
T
F
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

0mFg
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Return to “EE General Discussion”