help

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
STR
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: STR

help

Post by STR »

hello, i got a problem with saved games so me with friend played against bots and after while we saved it later when we trying to load saved game they cant press ready anyone got a solution? here is how it looks like:

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Re: help

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

You need your ports open if u want save games to work
-NeW-: ey idiot
-NeW-: triki
-NeW-: no
-NeW-: stupid
-NeW-: u are syndrom down
-NeW-: and retardet
simple_faith Assassin was pretty great
Kazter:Assassin was shit.

STR
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: STR

Post by STR »

[-Ts-] Tricky wrote:You need your ports open if u want save games to work
how?

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

Option 1:
Tell us your routers name and model, so one of us can go on portforward.com and find a guide for you. Follow this guide.
Option 2:
Go on portforward.com and find a guide yourself (keep in mind, you're not suppose to download anything from that site.. anything downloadable is just crappy programs and has nothing to do with forwarding ports). Follow this guide.
Option 3:
Try 1 or 2, and if that doesn't work we might be able to help you out through teamviewer.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

If you've hosted before then that means your ports are already opened.
The problem is that the saved game is not loading for your friend. (see the 0%? That means it's not loaded.)

You could try hosting the game via LAN and use 3rd party software like hamachi to create a virtual LAN.
If the problem is still there then that must mean there's something wrong with your EE.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

lightnessking. wrote:If you've hosted before then that means your ports are already opened.
Ehh no
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Captain Nemo wrote:
lightnessking. wrote:If you've hosted before then that means your ports are already opened.
Ehh no

Let me restate that;

If you've properly opened your ports and hosted a game before, then that means your ports are ALWAYS open (Hence; properly.) meaning that, if you've hosted before you would have opened your ports which means if you've done it correctly, it shouldn't be a problem.

Not everyone knows how to correctly forward ports, cough nemo ^^

Black Star
Lobby Username: Die Gurke

Post by Black Star »

u know that most people can host nowadays wihtout open ports lightness?
[22:23:06] [-Ts-] Tricky: i dont even know what my name is anymore

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

what lightnessking should have said wrote:If you've hosted before the neoee patch then that means your ports are already opened.
The problem is that the saved game is not loading for your friend. (see the 0%? That means it's not loaded.) The reason it isn't loading is because you are now currently using the neoee patch to host the game, and not your ports. You need to host using your ports for the save game to load. To do this go to C:\Sierra\Empire Earth and open the file HostPingRIP with notepad and change it from true to false then save.
I've not tested this yet, but I think alternatively you can send your save game to him (example by email) and make him save it at C:\Sierra\Empire Earth\Data\Saved Games. This way (I think) you can use that save game without opening ports. Might be worth a try if this seems easier than opening ports.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Arntzen wrote:
what lightnessking should have said wrote:If you've hosted before the neoee patch then that means your ports are already opened.
The problem is that the saved game is not loading for your friend. (see the 0%? That means it's not loaded.) The reason it isn't loading is because you are now currently using the neoee patch to host the game, and not your ports. You need to host using your ports for the save game to load. To do this go to C:\Sierra\Empire Earth and open the file HostPingRIP with notepad and change it from true to false then save.
I've not tested this yet, but I think alternatively you can send your save game to him (example by email) and make him save it at C:\Sierra\Empire Earth\Data\Saved Games. This way (I think) you can use that save game without opening ports. Might be worth a try if this seems easier than opening ports.

If he/she is in a virtual LAN then yes, but this must be hosted via LAN in Other Multiplayer section. Else you still have to open ports (else the other player cannot have any connection to your game at all.)

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Good to know.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

FYI, gameranger is the 'virtual lan' concept. That's all they provide.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

The ports used to upload saved games are different from the game ports, but they're still included in the 33334-33336 range. I'm not sure if the NeoEE patch's hosting changes support saved game uploads. If you're using port forwarding and it doesn't work, there's a possibility the ports are configured wrong.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Return to “EE General Discussion”