Poison in the Empire Earth Community

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Re: Poison in the Empire Earth Community

Post by Ghost »

Eh I used to think the same way about ignore and all that... I think this is more of a "fight the good fight" type thing for the "good of the community"

It's not a stretch of the imagination since a lot of communities are good-hearted but at the same time we have to be realistic... a battle you're trying to fight may be steep uphill and you need other people to help you. The forum is an okay start but people follow actions, not words.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Oldspice
Lobby Username: Oldspice Guy

Post by Oldspice »

I don't see why we should have this political correctness bullshit pushed onto us. There's a dirty word filter and an ignore button. If it really was about hurt feelings, he has available these options. No, it's not about that at all. This faggot ass-clown just wants to censor everybody so he can feel special. This is ridiculous. If you try to implement this "talk nice always" shit you will drive away all of the expert players, because that is how we talk to one another. When team games are lost, there are hurt feelings, and so the inevitable happens.

atomic one is just a stupid nigger and we should ignore his bullshit.

simple_faith
Nemesis
Lobby Username: simple_faith

Post by simple_faith »

the op is fgt

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Such censorship wouldn't ever be implemented. The only thing we tried to prevent in the past was inexcusable spamming of racial slurs. That has generally died down now except for faith, who I will once again make die down if he continues his stupid shit on the forums
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

AtomicOne
Novice Member
Lobby Username: AtomicOne

Post by AtomicOne »

Ghost wrote:Eh I used to think the same way about ignore and all that... I think this is more of a "fight the good fight" type thing for the "good of the community"

It's not a stretch of the imagination since a lot of communities are good-hearted but at the same time we have to be realistic... a battle you're trying to fight may be steep uphill and you need other people to help you. The forum is an okay start but people follow actions, not words.
I agree, I'm trying to be really respectful in the game.
Oldspice wrote:I don't see why we should have this political correctness bullshit pushed onto us. There's a dirty word filter and an ignore button. If it really was about hurt feelings, he has available these options. No, it's not about that at all. This faggot ass-clown just wants to censor everybody so he can feel special. This is ridiculous. If you try to implement this "talk nice always" shit you will drive away all of the expert players, because that is how we talk to one another. When team games are lost, there are hurt feelings, and so the inevitable happens.

atomic one is just a stupid nigger and we should ignore his bullshit.
You clearly haven't seen my "I'm not trying to censor people" posts. I am not personally offended, I'm trying to maintain a community that is respectful. That's why a "dirty word filter" or "ignore" don't work. And lol, "we" in that you include yourself among expert players. That's subtle, slick... I like it. I just want you to grow up and stop being internet hero brave. Don't spread outward hatred and try and make the world a better place.
simple_faith wrote:the op is fgt
tru dat. OP is gayyyyyy. Or straight. Who knows?

Oldspice
Lobby Username: Oldspice Guy

Post by Oldspice »

AtomicOne wrote:Stupidity
Kill yourself you filth

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

I really dont see how it could be called 'internet hatree' there is no substance in any of the shit talking on ee. Eehas and always will have shit talking. Its part of it. I doubt anybody has thrown themselves off any bridges because some prick called them a faggot or nigger on Some 14 year od pc game. The online gaming world is not a real world. Its an alternate community that we enter to get away from all the shit we deal with daily. Its a playground without rules. You can be whoever u want online thats the joy of it. If u wanna be a cocky prick or somebodies bitch thats your choice. Il stick with cocky prick ;-) its more fun!!

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

Ghost wrote:Generally I always thought the AoC community somewhat vile (TBH, but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle)... It seemed that when the official servers shutdown the EE/AoC community kind of came together and unfortunately some of that "poison" you speak of may have made its way over to everyone else
so true! Idk if I was not able to handle the aoc'ers but it never seemed like having a good time to me. I don't get the humor in talking like that at all.

I mainly go with a policy of kicking or banning such people from my games or simply avoid playing with those communities (to some extent). Sadly it is a part of the immature EE guys's "fun", and theres nothing to do about it really other than choosing your community. The mod dm community was mainly nice to each other and one of the more grown up I think, I definitely had a nice time there.
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

seizmic
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: seizmic

Post by seizmic »

The AoC community had great banter and comradery which is why a lot of the experts talked the way they did to each other, it was in jest and simply the way we were.

The EE community on the other hand from what I remember were all a bunch of monotonous, lifeless, dead, empty Europeans who played 4v4s on a medium map because their play style of literally using the exact same civ/strats every game wouldn't have worked had the map been on large, god forbid a bit of experimentation and creativity should enter the fray, it's like a population of autists, everything had to be the same or it was deemed bad.

So taking this into consideration, you'd just be killing off the borderline returning AoC players by doing things like this, the same way Omegas original patch killed off AoC after the servers went down.

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

> Omegas original patch killed off AoC after the servers went down.

I'm not sure this is quite accurate. It seemed a lot more, like most actually, AoC players held on well past the *second* edition of my patch, which fixed what everyone hated so much about the first.

seizmic
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: seizmic

Post by seizmic »

Omega wrote:> Omegas original patch killed off AoC after the servers went down.

I'm not sure this is quite accurate. It seemed a lot more, like most actually, AoC players held on well past the *second* edition of my patch, which fixed what everyone hated so much about the first.
Nope, it killed off half the player base at least, I know it stopped me, Icestorm, Buttfreek, Pyro, Enigma and many more from playing anymore.

The patch basically split an already massacred player base (from the server shutdown) in half, as we didn't want to play with the patch but others did because expansionism being 25pts benefited mod tl, apparently, which is a secondary sett we used to play together as well.

Looking at the current state of AoC I really don't see how you can try to refute this.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

seizmic wrote: god forbid a bit of experimentation and creativity should enter the fray, it's like a population of autists, everything had to be the same or it was deemed bad.
Says the guy who played almost exclusively mid sh.

AtomicOne
Novice Member
Lobby Username: AtomicOne

Post by AtomicOne »

Captain Nemo wrote:
seizmic wrote: god forbid a bit of experimentation and creativity should enter the fray, it's like a population of autists, everything had to be the same or it was deemed bad.
Says the guy who played almost exclusively mid sh.

The thing is, within AoC mid sh, there was a multitude of effective strats. It wasn't just, "swords wing, cav pocket, rush, rush rush, cuz medium map." The pop cap and large map made the game so much more exciting with swings and 3 hour games that made you concentrate the whole time. You had to change strategies multiple times in a
game. Territory wars would go back and forth. It was supreme.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

lets not overrate the set. I know there were a good number of strats but swords wing and cav pocket was still the most used and most effective combo, just a little more boomstyle than on eec. And to my recollection each player would not change his strategy (not in a game, and not the next game), cause each player was pretty much locked to playing the same style every game (including those whose style was going "wierd" strats). Enigma - always same thing for example.

And even with "all" those strategies it doesn't come close to the variety of liga or mod dm. And bare in mind these "monotonous, lifeless, dead, empty Europeans" were pretty much all allsett players, who just happened to play some mid sh from time to time aswell.

BigRon
Lobby Username: BigRon

Post by BigRon »

> 2014
> people are still discussing whether eec or aoc is better

Return to “EE General Discussion”