Reading civ from saved files?

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
CAV_range
Basic Member

Reading civ from saved files?

Post by CAV_range »

OMG how is it possible there is no tool to read the civ from saved files? or i am wrong? point out please? or what are the ways to get civ from players? i dont have open ports to load saved files i have tried 1000 times to open ports but all failed any other way(s)?

thanks in advanced.

Thanøs
Novice Member
Lobby Username: Thanøs

Re: Reading civ from saved files?

Post by Thanøs »

you mean to check if using hex civ? well if you have drexmod you need a stranger to enter your game, tell him to chose the color of the player you want to know the civilisation. then load the savegame and he can check the civ and make screenshot for you. If you can't load for some reason ask a friend. I could once not load files too, reinstalling drexmod files fixed the issue.

CAV_range
Basic Member

Post by CAV_range »

Alanja Pekic wrote:you mean to check if using hex civ? well if you have drexmod you need a stranger to enter your game, tell him to chose the color of the player you want to know the civilisation. then load the savegame and he can check the civ and make screenshot for you. If you can't load for some reason ask a friend. I could once not load files too, reinstalling drexmod files fixed the issue.
as i said, i dont have open ports... any other way?

Thanøs
Novice Member
Lobby Username: Thanøs

Post by Thanøs »

I don't think there are other ways tbh. But as i wrote you can give your savegame to another player and he can check it with a stranger for you.

i never heard of having problems to open the ports, what is the exact problem you face there?

Edit: there is some other way with Aoc using adaption.

[quote="Omega"]Right now, there is only information about checking for a hexed civ and trainers. I'll update more when I get the chance... This should be a lot easier than checking for everyone//explaining to them how to check themselves individually.

Please note that even if they cheated, you need to provide evidence linking it to a lobby username if you expect us to do anything about it. See the thread on that for more information.
How to detect a hexed civ

1) Get a saved game.
2) Rename it to .scn, and put it in your scenarios folder.
3) Open it in the Scenario editor.
4) Give yourself a civ with ONLY adaptation and give the suspected cheater a bunch of settlements or town centers somewhere. Convert all their stuff until you have their civ.
5) keep in mind you have adaptation, so if they don't have a power in their civ subtract 15 points from the total # of civ points, and if they do have a power subtract 30 from the total # of civ points.
6) If the total # of points is over 100 after subtracting adaptation, they are using a hexed civ. Similarly, if there are a bunch of points missing (under 100 by a fair amount), they are most likely using a hexed civ with multiple bonuses.

In the later case for #6, or just as an alternate means to check, get someone to host the saved game etc., and load in as the cheater, and check the civilization that way.

Return to “EE General Discussion”