NeoEE vs Game Ranger

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Re: NeoEE vs Game Ranger

Post by Captain Nemo »

Some good points. It's absolutely VITAL that we don't advertise neo-ee on GR yet, the advertising that has already been done might have damaged the neo-ee rep a little but hopefully not much. Slippy is currently advertising neo-ee there now. Then when we get a green light EVERYBODY will attempt to move everyone they can to neoee in one big quick move so when people get there they get the feeling that there are people on and playing there will be possible. Personally Im SICK tired of those adds on GR I hate them to the bone, much worse than the lag.
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

Black Star
Lobby Username: Die Gurke

Post by Black Star »

Well said Nemo, definetly agree with ya.
[22:23:06] [-Ts-] Tricky: i dont even know what my name is anymore

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

btw the GR figures aren't optimistic at all. On a very good day I've seen up to 50 games. Without doing much maths we can assume that's well over 100 people in games. It's a while since I've seen 50 tho but 30 is below average in peak hours.

LindaFremes
Lurker
Lobby Username: LindaFremes

Post by LindaFremes »

What is the other alternatives of Game Ranger? What are it's major functions??? :) :)
Check out awesome games

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

For EE it's neoee. For other games idk. GR's major function is online play for various half dead games.

herik
Momma's boy
Lobby Username: herik

Post by herik »

So what needs doing, what is estimation for time, when will GR clans come over? estimate date pls

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

jodocus will name a day when he can. estimated date idk, a few months I guess

\-Zodiac-/
Lobby Username: Zodiac

Post by \-Zodiac-/ »

ive never played on gr.... but i can understand the frustration with some players thinking ee may never get back to the old days. For people like me who only wanna play games and not chat its kinda a let down to get on and see 16 players and 1 eec game that is currently full, Or a let down to go into a game and get kicked because a host has never seen you play that set so ur automatically a noob. I support everything the save ee lobby and neo ee lobby is doing and im loyal to it, but i dont think the players here are very open to people learning to sets and its not very noob freindly. I understand that you cant sit here and tell people to be nice and play fair its unrealistic, but if i was comming over from gr and i kept getting my ass handed to me, what do you think i would do. So my suggestion is we need to be welcoming to some of the players, and lets try to keep it friendly in this lobby when they do in fact come over so they stay and not get turned away.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

^ Sometimes it's easy to tell whenever someone is trully willing to learn EE or not, I've met a lot of new guys and alot aren't interested in the competetive 1 age set (mid sh, mod sh, grenwar) or liga/pre. They want to play games vs computers where they can do their shit. You don't want to waste your own time with one of these guys in a team game, you know it's gonna be over soon enough.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

what i used to do is host for the new guys if one of them cant host so while im afk for 2-3 hours il host them a game so they dont get bored. I find it is p2n players who are the worst for kicking players even if they have 6 players in a game and a new guy wants to observe they kick kinda shame really. I seen liga mod players either allowing them to play or letting them obs at end of days they have to learn some how. Sometimes we cant let them obs so we tell them nicely why and most them understand why.
-NeW-: ey idiot
-NeW-: triki
-NeW-: no
-NeW-: stupid
-NeW-: u are syndrom down
-NeW-: and retardet
simple_faith Assassin was pretty great
Kazter:Assassin was shit.

Black Star
Lobby Username: Die Gurke

Post by Black Star »

Hehe tricky is right p2n See the Worst with kicking. I even brought some gr plaYers over, who are definetly ok. But they dont get no Chance often to learn medit Playing style( as they Play Conti Mostly).
Also lightnessking is right too. Some Guys you Really dont want to waste your Time With. Like those who insist on Standard Speed LOL. If anyone is Really Willing to learn there are always People Helping him
[22:23:06] [-Ts-] Tricky: i dont even know what my name is anymore

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

All it really takes to not get kicked is saying "hey I know I'm new but want to learn" and also don't ragequit ee forever the 1/10 games you have to leave because 7 of the players are great and 1 want to come in.
If you are a noob, think like a noob and act like a noob you'll get kicked from every game with at least over 50% decent players (goes for every RTS game out there as well).

P2N is full of people who stick to their shitty level of play and are allowed to play every time, you have players like underdog who decides 50% of his games to go 5 towers and no house/temple.. Also you have stupid people who will quit way too early etcetc.. So if you really want to get in to most p2n games (and are willing to learn) it's not hard..

I've done a fair share of smurfing on GR, and you really get kicked out of those p2n games or even ww2 island f11 60 games (aka the worst rooms in GR skillwise) if the host think you're bad. It's not really a save-ee issue it's just how online games like this work.

TL; DR
If you don't want to get kicked, be nice and say you're willing to learn. Ask people how to improve and (in my experience) 80% will help you out.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

From my experience it's very hard with a normal smurftag (not an obvious smurftag) to avoid getting kicked from ALOT of games on GR so I think u're right there. I don't think giving the "non-retarded" speech always works but it's worth a shot.

CusTomm_
Lobby Username: Adventure_

Post by CusTomm_ »

I basically agree with everything you say, but you miss one point imo. (See Picture). This is not a joke post, but it just makes me angry to be online with 30 people that play 24/7 pre only. And its a huge problem because good players leave cause of a lack of other games, because pre players are simply not willing to play other sets. :? . That doesnt match to 100% of pre players but to 90% it does.

I also think that noobs would like to have a greater variety of games than just 1 age to start with.

I have been online today since 11 am, its about 17 pm now and there has been nothing different apart from pre games and there have been NO other players than pre players, so hosting mid/mod/liga was useless. THAT is the problem why you will never convince GR players to come here. You would need them to come here all at the same day, otherwise they will drop right away.

Were is everyone? Even lately active people seem to not come online anymore (apart from pre players).

I am off to GR.

I look forward to the day, when all the effort Jodocus and Realforce and the rest of the crew put in this will result in something more than a pre lobby.
Attachments
Pre.JPG

Jodocus_
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Post by Jodocus_ »

Good luck there. What Pre is for Save/NeoEE is mid sh for GR. You won nothing.

Return to “EE General Discussion”